Forum Name: Boat Parts Wanted
Forum Discription: Parts wanted only
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20829
Printed Date: May-08-2024 at 8:24am

Topic: Looking for fiberglass engine cover
Posted By: nautique5454
Subject: Looking for fiberglass engine cover
Date Posted: March-04-2011 at 9:29pm
Looking for an original fiberglass engine cover in the Northeast for my '69 Mustang. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it

Replies:
Posted By: MartyMabe
Date Posted: March-04-2011 at 11:43pm
The BoatDr has one setting outside on a Mustang Car Body. E-mail him to see if he wants to sell it!!
He has the fiberglass shell for the Rear Seat too!
But he's in Lousiana--But you can VISIT HIM and the Gators

Hobiedr@bellsouth.net

-------------
66 Skylark
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5041" rel="nofollow - 93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: March-05-2011 at 12:17pm
Also, Paul Carpenter in Albermarle, NC might have one. He is Nautiquefanatic on this site. You can find him on the parts for sale section. You can do a search my member screen name. He post his phone number on the site. He parts a lot of older boats.

I hope this helps,

Donald

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: March-05-2011 at 2:25pm
Chris, I replied to your email, but in case others were curious...

- I believe your wooden motorbox is original. It commonly came over some of the wider engines during the late 60's, like the Chryslers (273/318) and a few H-M's.

- If you now have a 351w like you think, then an original curved fiberglass box (1969 and earlier) will not fit over it. Even a 302 with pyramid risers is very tight.

A '70+ square fiberglass box would fit, but would not be original to the boat. I would recommend sticking with your wood one.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window