Print Page | Close Window

Would you guys still love me if....

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20901
Printed Date: May-04-2024 at 7:26am

Topic: Would you guys still love me if....
Posted By: wakeboardin2k4
Subject: Would you guys still love me if....
Date Posted: March-12-2011 at 6:27pm
I might be the newest member of a Malibu dealership working as a mechanic ...

I fully expect hazing and verbal abuse for possibly betraying CC and working for a sister company.

Very excited about this possibility and hoping it works out well.

Eric

-------------
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"

Replies:
Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: March-12-2011 at 8:35pm
I think you will be ok, Eric. If Woody can work at a MC dealer, you can work for Bu.

Congrats on the new opportunity.

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: March-12-2011 at 8:44pm
Eric,
Don't worry, you're still welcome here and your input is always welcome.
Now, just don't get any ideas of owning one of the other brands!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: March-12-2011 at 8:56pm
Great boats and from what Iv'e seen, a good company to work for Eric. You won't won't be the first member that's either worked for them or owned one. Good luck on your job!

-------------

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: March-12-2011 at 9:16pm

Eric,

If you enjoy what you do and get an offer to better yourself
for your furture.

I would say: Go for it !!!!!!

Dave

-------------
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: March-12-2011 at 10:09pm
Get the job first!!!    We'll discuss the luvin' later.

PS   How do you look in a miniskirt?

Date Posted: March-12-2011 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Ask and you shall receive DrCC. This is my story and I'm sticking to it: That was my Halloween costume. I was a Yankee's player. Aka a girl/pansy which explains the tampon.

-------------
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"

Posted By: Kristof
Date Posted: March-13-2011 at 11:27am
ROFLOL!!!

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: March-13-2011 at 11:33am
nothing wrong with taking Bu money

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: March-13-2011 at 11:59am
So you are going to be a mole? We need to find their weaknesses!

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Posted By: Nautiquehunter
Date Posted: March-13-2011 at 12:03pm
The Bu's are beautiful to look as it will be interesting to get your opinion on build quality and ease of getting to components.

Date Posted: March-13-2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

So you are going to be a mole? We need to find their weaknesses!

I will happily be a mole! I'll be interested to learn more about the quality of boats they build and how they stack up.

The job was originally contingent on another mechanic leaving but by the end of my interview the owner was impressed enough with me and my knowledge of the inboard market that he said regardless of if this other mechanic leaves he is going to try and find an opportunity for me to work for them. Hopefully it works out that way. I've missed working on boats in the year I've spent doing construction. I'll be praying that it works out.

-------------

Date Posted: March-18-2011 at 8:12pm
I have a second interview Monday to meet the head mechanic and try and go over numbers. He wants me to start Tuesday if we can come to an agreement on finaces.

Say a quick prayer for me guys. This would be a really nice move for me for me both finically and mentally. I miss wrenches!

-------------

Posted By: Nautique2001
Date Posted: March-18-2011 at 9:01pm
Sounds like an awesome opportunity, Eric. I always enjoyed skiing behind a Malibu. It's a great boat. Best of luck, I hope it works out for you.

A promotion will be working for Correct Craft

Ken

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Date Posted: March-18-2011 at 11:56pm
Good luck Eric. Hope it works out for you.

-------------

Date Posted: March-19-2011 at 12:53am

Eric,

I all ready know what the out come will be..........

So turn up Bad Company in your truck Dude....

-------------
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....

Date Posted: March-19-2011 at 1:04am
Thanks guys!

Dave the newest excessively loud song is "Happy?" by Mudvayne. I'm feeling pretty happy now

-------------

Date Posted: March-19-2011 at 2:04am

Word up......

-------------

Date Posted: March-19-2011 at 11:51am
the suspense is killing me. ????

-------------

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: March-19-2011 at 1:50pm
We all have to make a livin.

Posted By: horkn
Date Posted: March-20-2011 at 1:50pm
Good luck Eric!

We're hoping to hear some good news from you soon.

-------------
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg

Posted By: connorssons
Date Posted: March-20-2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Ask and you shall receive DrCC. This is my story and I'm sticking to it: That was my Halloween costume. I was a Yankee's player. Aka a girl/pansy which explains the tampon.

Dont wear that to the interview

Date Posted: March-21-2011 at 11:29pm
So I went over to the Malibu dealership today and took the job offer. I am super excited to be working at what seems like a very solid Marina with a really strong emphasis on wakeboarding.

Connorsson- I managed to refrain from wearing that outfit. Although I did feel like if i wore that I might have a "leg" up on the competition...ah...ha...aha get it?

Ill be pushing the sales of Malibu's in 2 weeks at a boat show against Loui of Off Shore Marine who is the North Jersey Nautique dealer.

-------------

Posted By: Bri892001
Date Posted: March-21-2011 at 11:37pm
Two summers ago I spent the whole summer driving a Malibu i-Ride full of Wakeboard campers around.

It was a fantastic all around boat and definitely a fun job.

In this economy, it's great to have a job doing something you like. I'd say working with Malibu's will be a heck of a lot more fun than a lot of stuff that's out there.

Date Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:09am
Excellent. Congrats Eric. No telling how far you will go in the ski boat industry if you decide to stick with it. It's a lucky person who can merge their hobby with their career.

-------------

Date Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:38am
Awesome, Eric. Congratulations!!! You must be pumped. Please don't sell your Correct Craft though.

Ken

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Date Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:39am
By the way, is Malibu powered by PCM?

-------------

Date Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:47am
Thanks Ken,

They're powered by indmar. I might sell my 2001 and get a Barracuda. A classic is more what I'm into these days.

-------------

Date Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:57am
Cool. Tired of seeing my 2001 in your rear view mirror? You're a true, dedicated Correct Craft owner.

-------------

Posted By: 05 210
Date Posted: March-22-2011 at 1:03am
Congrats Eric. That's great, best of luck to you. Dont forget to tell them you'll need some time off for the NE CCFan Reunion.

Mike

-------------
http:/diaries/details.asp?ID=2219" rel="nofollow - Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Date Posted: March-22-2011 at 1:22am

Maybe you can bring a demo..............

Just tell all your customers to go talk to Louie....

O.K. I'll stop, great news that you got the job !!

Dave

-------------

Posted By: JMurph
Date Posted: March-22-2011 at 1:25am
Congrats Eric! Sounds like a good group you'll be working with.

-------------

Date Posted: November-05-2011 at 8:00pm
You guys still love me if instead of just fixing Malibus I got promoted to a full time Malibu, Premier Pontoons and Bagliner salesman? Cause I just reworked a bunch of Malibu ads on our company website and I leave for New Mexico next Saturday for the 5 day Malibu Dealer meeting to check out everything Malibu.

-------------

Date Posted: November-05-2011 at 8:58pm
Congratulations Eric. Thats great. A promotion 7 months into the job clearly shows that management is impressed with your abilities. After Malibu school do they send you to Bayliner school to teach you how to keep a straight face while selling?

-------------

Posted By: Luchog
Date Posted: November-05-2011 at 9:31pm
Selling boats is quite a different task than repairing them, I clearly dont see myself doing the first one...

What do you prefer? is there a difference in salary?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2095" rel="nofollow - 1980 Ski Nautique

Commander 351W

Date Posted: November-05-2011 at 9:45pm
I'm fine with the Malibu thing. The whole Pontoon thing really puts a strain on our relationship

Date Posted: November-05-2011 at 9:59pm
That's great, Eric. Get those business cards printed up right away. The good news is the more Bayliners you sell will support the sales in the service department!

-------------

Date Posted: November-05-2011 at 11:19pm
Put up a link to your inventory, I'd like to check it out. Are you going to the New England Boat show or any close by?

That's good news though, congratulations.

Date Posted: November-06-2011 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Luchog Luchog wrote:

Selling boats is quite a different task than repairing them, I clearly dont see myself doing the first one...

What do you prefer? is there a difference in salary?

I'd rather be fixing boats but while working for someone else, the money is sub par as a 23 year old, "entry level" mechanic until you move up to being a merc master tech with certification, etc. So in terms of the fast track to more money sales is the better route. I like sales especially inboards regardless of which brand. Bayliners are fine for selling because a monkey could sell those boats and they will provide consistent income. But from a personal standpoint I'd rather be in the trenches pulling motors and learning more about them.

We won't be doing any boat shows in NE. The New York boat show is our biggest boat show without question.

http://www.lakehopatcongmarine.com/ - Lake Hopatcong Marine
Not that I'm gonna push Malibu sales through CCF but if ya know a die hard Malibu guy that you can't convert to Nautique and they're looking for an upgrade to a new boat, let me know. I can get them the best deal available.

-------------

Date Posted: November-06-2011 at 1:37am
Past thursday I delivered a brand new SAN 210 in the morning and afternoon drove my buddy's Wakesetter, those are really 2 different animals!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2095" rel="nofollow - 1980 Ski Nautique

Commander 351W

Date Posted: November-06-2011 at 10:47am
One of the best wakes I recall skiing behind was a 1996 Malibu Tantrum. I was a bare-bone Malibu but it performed very well. Malibu is definitely a nice ski boat, I just wouldn't buy one over Correct Craft. The lake I ski on have a hand full of Malibu boats.

Sounds like a cool opportunity, Eric. Someday we'll see a post that you're selling Correct Craft boats!

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: November-06-2011 at 11:06am
That's the end goal right there Ken! Gain as much experience as I can and eventually work at a Nautique dealership or own my own dealership! It will take time to get to that point but it's definitely in my game plan!!

-------------

Date Posted: November-06-2011 at 3:49pm
reminds me of somebody

-------------

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: November-06-2011 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Bayliners are fine for selling because a monkey could sell those boats and they will provide consistent income.   

Just a word of advice. If you want to succeed in sales you will permanently stop making statements like this, particularly in public,
particularly in writing.

Just sayin'

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: November-06-2011 at 7:38pm
BKH- I appreciate the advice and can understand how that statement might come across as abrasive.

I guess my point was that compared to selling boats in the ultra knitch 50k plus inboard market Bayliners should sell easier. Hopefully that's better word choice?

-------------

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: November-06-2011 at 9:16pm
I know your point.

In sales you need to be very cautious not to make statements that will offend, or even that might offend potential customers. You never know who is listening. You never know who might be a potential customer. I've been in sales for a long time. Mostly successful. I also can think times that I wish I had back something I said.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: November-06-2011 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

reminds me of somebody

Lex Luthor?

-------------

Commander 351W

Date Posted: November-06-2011 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Luchog Luchog wrote:

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

reminds me of somebody

Lex Luthor?

I was going to say Joe Camel. You just have to get children addicted to boating, then you'll have customers for life.

Date Posted: November-07-2011 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

You just have to get children addicted to boating, then you'll have customers for life.

There is some truth to that. We always had a boat growing up. Now my brother, sister and I are the grownups and we have had 15 power boats between us in addition to a myriad of canoes, kayaks, sailboats, and little aluminum fishing boats and all have always had some kind of access to the water. My sister calls it "Lake Effect" (thanks Dad )

(I know, off topic, sorry)

-------------

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: November-07-2011 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

(I know, off topic, sorry)

so can we start posting pictures of boobs now?

-------------

Posted By: skicat2001
Date Posted: November-07-2011 at 2:09pm
Congrats on the new job. Malibu makes a great looking boat. Next to Correct Crafts. Hope it goes well...

-------------
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Date Posted: November-08-2011 at 10:37am
Baybops to this day are still getting the bad rap, personally they are as well built or less built just like the rest of them...they all use Merc power so that isnt the issue,
Wake you gotta get that "you need a boat attitude" and always remember, some of the richest people on this earth became wealthy from sales.
im off to the Mastercraft dealership this morning, today its my favorite boat, (picking up a trans) you get the hidden message there?

-------------

Date Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:24pm
Well I took a professional grade beating at the Malibu dealer meeting this week for being a CCfan I spent plenty of time defending the new Nautiques to the Malibu against other dealers. Despite the scrutiny I received, the added conversations taught me a lot about Malibus that I did not know which will help me with sales.

I will say the positive part that I really liked was everyone still refered to the company as Correct Craft vs Nautique. It brought a smile to my face.

PS: The new response TXI wake looks pretty sweet. Boat looks the same as previous responses. I had hoped for more changes to enable a little better hype

-------------

Posted By: OverMyHead
Date Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:48pm
Congrats on the quick promotion. Do you throw in a free tube with those bayliners?

-------------
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Congrats on the quick promotion. Do you throw in a free tube with those bayliners?

Be happy to! Just promise to use your future Bayliner and the tubing on my home lake in NJ! That way the beautiful lake I escape to in NH is free of tubes!

-------------

Posted By: 76tique
Date Posted: November-18-2011 at 12:28am
Hey Eric, Congrats on the promotion! I can see you doing very well in sales...your passion for boating is what it's all about. If you are looking to get some publicity for the dealership, a very good friend of mine is the editor at http://www.lakehopatcongnews.com - Lake Hopatcong News . Not sure if you are familiar with them already. I'm sure she would love an interview, I'll introduce you guys if you are interested.

-Tom

-------------
He who dies with the most toys, wins

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5648&sort=&pagenum=2" rel="nofollow - 1984 SN2001 - sold
1976 Ski Tique - Sold

Date Posted: November-18-2011 at 1:47pm
Eric, where they just busting your chops at the meeting, or were they serious?

Hey, at least your CCFan affiliation shows that you know your inboard tow boats.

Print Page | Close Window