Forum Discription: Discussion around the annual CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22098
Printed Date: June-07-2024 at 4:14pm

Topic: 2011 Northeast Reunion — August 26-28, 2011
Posted By: Riley
Subject: 2011 Northeast Reunion — August 26-28, 2011
Date Posted: June-14-2011 at 8:12pm
Registration is up!
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reunions/northeast/ - http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reunions/northeast/

Replies:
Posted By: harddock
Date Posted: June-14-2011 at 11:17pm
It seemed like was only one of a few that stayed in Concord. Other than camping what else was available? Maybe even closer to Epsom.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4487" rel="nofollow - 1998 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Bri892001
Date Posted: June-17-2011 at 1:02pm
The campground was kind of fun. I stayed there last year and it was cool to be able to hang out by the fire and stuff afterwards.

Can't make this one. My brother's wedding, the only weekend obligation I really had all summer, is the same exact weekend. My brother had fun at least year's as well. Will be looking forward to next year and any small events that come up in the area.

Posted By: wakeboardin2k4
Date Posted: June-27-2011 at 10:21am
Theres a the lovely Northwood Motel right up the road Kevin. I stayed there one night last year with Mike Succi and Dave Hendricks. Not a bad place, very basic. I think it was like 65 bucks for the night.

Bruce mentioned to me about a month ago that the northwood motel had 10-12 rooms available for the weekend of the reunion. Obviously that may have changed since it was a month ago.

I can't wait for the reunion. Always a great time, and I think we will have a bigger turnout than last year with extra advanced notice this year. I know many of us discussed if we would be making it to the NE reunion while at the CT mini and I think Brian was the only one who mentioned he wouldnt be able to make it.

-------------
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"

Posted By: 05 210
Date Posted: June-28-2011 at 1:03am
I will be booking my room there soon. May even request room 6

Mike

-------------
http:/diaries/details.asp?ID=2219" rel="nofollow - Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 12:03am
I am out. Sorry Eric, you will have to carry on the room 6 tradition alone. I'm not going to be able to make this one guys.

Mike

-------------

640 hours, not 1 regret

Posted By: Keith
Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 1:23pm
Mike, that too bad. Sorry to hear that. Something come up?

-------------
Former:
/diaries/details.asp?ID=6170" rel="nofollow - 97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 4:27pm
Mike, We're sorry to hear that, too.

Keith, Is Rhoni going to be there this year?

-------------

Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 5:10pm
Working on it.

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Working on it.

Any pro wakeboarders coming this year?

-------------
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"

Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 3:58am

Mike, that too bad. Sorry to hear that. Something come up?

Yup. Started a new thread in off topic. Didnt want to mar this one.

Mike

-------------

640 hours, not 1 regret

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 11:48am
Looked in last years thread on this but couldn't find how well the campers faired on this one. Looking to make this one too but gonna have to go the poor mans route and do the tent thing.

Those that were there...........How was it?

A Southerner in Northern territory.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 12:00pm
Tim, that's great that you are going to make it!

Last year the weather was sunny and clear, although windy on the Saturday. Temps were nice, but it wasn't hot.

The end of August is typically nice weather, but the nights can be a little cool, 60's. Northwood Lake is a smaller lake so the water was well into the 70's.

-------------

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 12:14pm
Not sure, but I think Tim's question focused on the camping. Nice park just a short ride from McCallums, the hosting marina. First night at the campground was pretty quiet. Joe, Brad, someone I didnt know with a PU camper were there, and no after dark activity. By what Eric posted, the second night (I had left) there was a little more camaraderie, as in a gathering around a fire and some socializing.

-------------

Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 2:05pm
Bruce, Larry, thanks to both you guys... Weather report is always good, I'll be fine as long as don't have to "rough"it and if I know my fellow fans like I think I do...after dark activity will happen somewhere.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 2:18pm
Anyone got room on their campsite for 1more with a little pop up tent?

-------------

Posted By: Bri892001
Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 2:27pm
One thing I noticed from last year, definitely try to get the after dark activities ironed out ahead of time for Saturday. Otherwise, you risk loosing momentum.

Last year, after a whole day on the water followed by a huge meal with great food, a lot of people just crashed, myself included admittedly. We did at least have enough in us to sit around the camp fire and drink a few.

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 2:54pm
As far as evening activities and camping go.. when you leave mccallums.. you take a right to get to the hotel and you take a left to get to the campgrounds. It ain't green lake close so you wont be walking home from either. Evening activties .. the best bet is the pizza place that is a stones throw from the marina. Not exactly a local afterdark hot spot.. but they had a deck and some beers in the cooler and were willing to cater to a large loud group with no place else to go. I believe the plan is for us to give them a bit more heads up this year and see what they can do for us. Nothing wrong with hanging out at the campground around the fire.. except it is too far for the hotel group reasonably to come down have drinks and head back.

There was some talk of heading out to find an actual bar last year but you are talking about far enough of a hike that you will lose most of the crowd and the hanging out with the crew is what it is all about.

The campground put us all in a common field last year.. but my guess is they were hoping for a better turnout for thier efforts. I dont know if they plan to do the same or not.. but it was nice. IIRC, The couple in the truck camper had a nice mustang and were a lot of fun.. hopefully they show back up.   

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 4:12pm
I thought the pizza place was great and the lady really appreciated our business. It's just across the street and we had the whole place to ourselves. I think if we can get enough people in there this year, she will stay open as long as we're buying.

-------------

Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I thought the pizza place was great and the lady really appreciated our business. It's just across the street and we had the whole place to ourselves. I think if we can get enough people in there this year, she will stay open as long as we're buying.

I thought there was also discussion last year that she would be willing to get a keg for us?

-------------

Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 6:23pm
I think I heard that as well Eric. They stayed open past their regular hours for us, although I think they were hoping for more people than the dozen of so that were there. There was no plan and we just ended up there. I bet if we moved the party over there with plenty of notice she'd accomodate us.

-------------

Date Posted: July-06-2011 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I think I heard that as well Eric. They stayed open past their regular hours for us, although I think they were hoping for more people than the dozen of so that were there. There was no plan and we just ended up there. I bet if we moved the party over there with plenty of notice she'd accomodate us.

I think more people will come over this year if we have definitive plans to go there. Like you said we just kind of showed up there. Hopefully this year we can coordinate and will have a larger group overall

-------------

Posted By: Nautique2001
Date Posted: July-08-2011 at 10:56am
Just signed up for the reunion. See you all in August.

Ken

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Date Posted: July-08-2011 at 10:59am
Eric, our boats would look cool side by side. Same colors, reverse gel. This year I actually have a chance running 0-46 against you. Not like that 454 you had that walked away from me from 30+.

Ken

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Date Posted: July-08-2011 at 12:41pm
Good to see Ken and Peter signing up. Ken, if Joe brings his parasail are you going to demonstrate it?

-------------

Date Posted: July-09-2011 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Working on it.

Any pro wakeboarders coming this year?

Pro wakeboarders? Aren't you coming, Eric?

Bruce, I'm up for another parasailing run, as long as there's not wind or rocks!

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: July-11-2011 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Eric, our boats would look cool side by side. Same colors, reverse gel. This year I actually have a chance running 0-46 against you. Not like that 454 you had that walked away from me from 30+.

Ken

Ken the boat may not be coming back to the north east.

I have an offer but if anyone from CCF is interested they get first dibs. I'll happily tow in back up north for anyone from CCF interested in making an offer.

-------------

Date Posted: July-11-2011 at 2:26pm
Eric, are you selling the '86 already?

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: July-11-2011 at 2:42pm

Eric, are you selling the '86 already?

Ken

Ken- everything's for sale for the right price. It's just about getting the right price to prove Hollywood wrong about making a profit on the boat!

-------------

Date Posted: July-11-2011 at 3:04pm
Eric, you can eventually get your Super Air if you continue to bring these oxidized boats back to their original shine and glory. I'm guessing you should be able to net $1,500-$2,000 profit on the '86. (taking in account of travel to CT and home, cleaning materials and expense of the quantity of beers you drank while shining her up!) I'm guessing you should get about $6,500-$7,000 from the few photos you posted.

Do you have pics of the engine or interior?

-------------

Date Posted: July-11-2011 at 3:42pm
Ken I posted some new pictures in the thread about the boat.

The super air is not a focus at this point my wakeboarding skills are continually sub par so I'd rather make a go-fast in the world of slow boat racing. The profits from this boat are going directly towards my 68 barracuda. I told the guy who is interested that the lowest I'll take is 6500.

It's a nice boat and has been run it awesome so far this week. I got to ride behind my red 86 with the 454 yesterday. I have to take some pictures with the two boats together! I have my own little nitch market down here in Lake Keowee SC for selling boats!

-------------

Posted By: peter1234
Date Posted: July-11-2011 at 9:56pm
I dont think you can factor the beers into the overhead... i signed up was looking for a house to rent on the water for the weekend couldnt find anything was thinking about maybe the northwood hotel and bringing one of my fire pits   i might call and ask them what they think it would only be for friday night..

-------------
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go

Date Posted: July-21-2011 at 2:16am
Okay, it's time to pump this up and start the excitement. We're just over a month away.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: July-21-2011 at 2:50am
When is the cutoff date to register for this one Keith.

-------------

Date Posted: July-21-2011 at 2:37pm
Cutoff would be roughly 1 week out.

I hadn't mentioned it before but for those who don't know, Ralph Meloon Sr. will be attending again this year!

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: July-21-2011 at 3:18pm
We'll be arriving Thursday early evening and staying at the Northwood Motel. Keith, we'll help with anything. Slalom course Friday morning?

-------------

Date Posted: July-21-2011 at 6:30pm
im planning friday for the day need help with food ? or anything else?

-------------

Date Posted: July-22-2011 at 9:04pm
I'm planning on early Friday morning. Driving from NJ to Massachusetts Thursday night, then flying up first thing in the morning. I hope to be there by 730 Friday morning.

I'm very excited for this event. We need to get some more people registered and get some new people coming too!

Where's the Benjamin crew with the sign ups and Phil and his dad and Ried and his crew! We gotta start calling put the regulars for their sign ups to get new people excited enough to make this event a priority

-------------

Date Posted: July-23-2011 at 10:46am
We're not entirely sure yet what time we'll be up on Friday. Looking forward to staying the whole weekend. Kyle, are you heading up this year? Larry? I'm sure the Connecticut Crew will be making a grand entrance.

On my way to the lake to chase some buoys. Peace out.

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: July-23-2011 at 8:33pm
Ran five buoys at 30MPH today. Almost there!

Met a couple of cool guys today with a '87 Nautique. They were running the course. Mentioned the NE reunion to them and I think they'll join. The owner of the '87 also owns a mint condition '88 that he recently bought with 101 original hours. I'm confident they'll register.

Ken

-------------

Posted By: lfskizzer
Date Posted: July-23-2011 at 8:47pm
I booked my hotel stuff at northwood motel for thursday and check out sunday there. So I will be arriving mid-day thursday probably and as it looks just bringing the 85 with. A good bunch of you guys got to see the 85 when Tim had the CT mini reunion and as they know nothing more has changed with my goal projects with redoing the vinyl have been put on the backburner. My father and my gf(Jess)again some of you met at Tim's will be up Friday probably by 5pm as they are taking half day off from work.

Just got to VT by the way from being up in Lake George for the whole week. Waking up at 5:30 and skiing like crazy, no footing still as my brother is lazy on wanting to setup the boom. But one somewhat accomplishment we had for my nephew who is 6 yrs old we got him up on the boom skiing about 100 yrds. He said he will do it again just waiting on that.

We are headed out to CT river from Springfield, VT down to Bellows Falls tomorrow alittle of skiing and taking my neighbor up here in VT out on the 2008 ski 206 as thats what we brought up to Lake George.

I will be registering soon on here for the reunion but I have everything approved from work to be there.

Def see everyone in a month.
-Phil

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4457 - 2008 Ski Nautique 206
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2683 - 1985 Ski Nautique 2001 Series

Date Posted: July-23-2011 at 8:57pm
Awesome!

-------------

Date Posted: July-24-2011 at 9:01pm
Keith if you cant get Rhoni to come this year get Nautiques newest female athlete, Karina Nowlan.

Co-holder of the womens world record, hot as can be, Australian accent, and closer to my age then Rhoni.

Be my hero Keith!!!

-------------

Date Posted: August-01-2011 at 11:21pm
26 more days and counting.Good stuff!

-------------

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 12:57am
Im hoping the Godfather is going to be there. Anyone else from far away?   

-------------

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 12:58am
Chris and Picture Pat???

-------------

Posted By: sweet77
Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 1:07am
I just got the go ahead from my boss(my dad) that if i wanna go i got the days off!!!!! now for a southern boy thats never been more than a fur piece from home . where will i stay ?? i got a flight and will get a rental car for the 37 minute drive to epsom. any suggestions

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5528&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 1:11am
Last year the godfather and 05 210 crashed at my families lake house about 20 minutes away which is always available to anyone who can't figure out a place to stay or what not

-------------

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 3:15am

Chris and Picture Pat???

There is a SLIM chance. I am supposed to go up to wisconsin and check on our Chris Craft that weekend. If we do make it, we'll most likely be flying in.

-------------

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 10:09am
Flying is definitely the way to go. Hopefully you guys will be able to make it

-------------

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 10:20am
I'm assuming we'll see more registrations from the Benjamin family? Joe? It's always a pleasure to see Dave Hendricks as well.

-------------

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 10:22am
Any progress on getting the hot female australian skier to come?

-------------

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 10:30am
With the slowly increasing registration, I think you'll providing ski lessons!

-------------

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 10:43am
I'm still planning on coming but haven't registered yet. DAL has 2 flights into Manchester so I hope to fly into there and as of this morning the flights are wide open. Gonna try and fly in Thurs afternoon. Will fly into BOS Thursday as well if it doesn't work out.

Sweet; when are you going up?

-------------

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 10:47am
That's awesome, Tim. It will be great to see you.

-------------

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 10:49am

With the slowly increasing registration, I think you'll providing ski lessons!

I'll be happy to teach poor handle position, medocer form, and how to huck it all put there in an attempt to make it through the course.

I'd imagine there will be a bunch of last minute registrations like usual.

-------------

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 12:00pm
Tim, I will proly try and fly in on Thursday and get settled so Friday I can enjoy meeting new people what airline are u flying

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5528&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 4:58pm
I don't have any additional info yet on pro-skiers attending. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

On anther note ... Given what a great ski lake Northwood is, let's plan to do some show skiing. Who's up for a five person pyramid, 3-man slalom crisscross??

Let's bring some extra combo skis, ropes, etc. if we can.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 5:36pm

On anther note ... Given what a great ski lake Northwood is, let's plan to do some show skiing. Who's up for a five person pyramid, 3-man slalom crisscross??

Let's bring some extra combo skis, ropes, etc. if we can.

-Keith

I was just thinking the same thing over the last weekend. My lake was all excited over us having three up behind the 83 at the same time.. not exactly a great feat but sadly more than we have gotten out of the last few official reunions. As long as we dont have crazy weather Northwood really aught to give us a good platform for afternoon multiples/pyramids. Between work and drinking hours lately I have been slack on here and in emails.. but I will be there.. likely towing the only boat I have running.

-Joe.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 6:23pm
....looking good for the Iowa guys.

Picture Pat found a few cheap tix today out of Kansas City.

-------------

Date Posted: August-02-2011 at 7:22pm
Ok guys need some help figuring out the details

It's looking like we can fly in on Wednesday or Thursday night at midnight. Anyone going to be around on Thursday?? Or should we just fly in Thursday night?

Going to give the Northwood Motel a call and see if they have any openings left. Not wanting to sleep in the back of the rental car again

Probably fly out late Sunday...unless anyone is going to stay around and ski Monday morning.

-------------

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 12:07am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

....looking good for the Iowa guys.

Picture Pat found a few cheap tix today out of Kansas City.

That's great news, Chris!

Patricia and I are driving in Friday early afternoon. I'm not sure what everyone else has planned.

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 12:09am
Chris what time you looking to fly in?

Did you find out about the hotel? Any rooms available?

-------------

Posted By: lfskizzer
Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 12:33am
Chris I am arriving to Northwood hopefully sometime Thursday afternoon, not sure who else is getting there early, Tim Morfoot is thinking he will be there Thursday night aswell. I am going to launch the boat then go to the hotel and unpack then come back to MacCallums and may scout out the lake I am not sure.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4457 - 2008 Ski Nautique 206
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2683 - 1985 Ski Nautique 2001 Series

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 12:13pm
Does anyone know whether we'll have a slalom course set up? Keith, do you need any help with setting up a course? Let me know, I'm more than happy to lend a hand.

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 12:18pm
Last year if I'm correct we had a permit and had to put in and remove the course every day. I think Keith brought one.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4487" rel="nofollow - 1998 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 12:28pm
You're correct, Kevin. I think it's Brad's course.

-------------

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 1:08pm
It's my course. I'm working out the details on the permit but I'll have it there Fri and Sat. We will need to pull it each night like last year.

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: 63 Skier
Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 1:33pm
I skied Northwood Lake this morning with a couple of friends, beautiful morning though a bit of chop. First time I've skied this year (my arm has been hurt), short run but fun to be on the water.

-------------
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 1:59pm
Is it my imagination or is the enthusiasum for this event at an all time low. Did we do something to turn people away. I had as good of a time at MacCallums as I did at Lake George. People from the area trailered boats to Green Lake but aren't registering for this event. Wassup wit dat?

-------------

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 2:09pm
Don't jump to any crazy conclusions there.. I know for a fact we have people from accross the country booking plane tickets and planning multiple stop RV pilgrimages to attend this event. But this is a great summer and many of us are spending our free time on the water! Yes it would be nice to see some pics from the earlier NE get together this year posted and a little more traffic on here and on the registration board to pump up the volume.. but take heart it was looking slow for GL but people came out of the woodwork in the last couple weeks!

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Is it my imagination or is the enthusiasum for this event at an all time low. Did we do something to turn people away. I had as good of a time at MacCallums as I did at Lake George. People from the area trailered boats to Green Lake but aren't registering for this event. Wassup wit dat?

+1. Serious lack of enthusiasm. The guys flying in are more excited than the locals who know what a great time is ahead of us

-------------

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 2:10pm
Everyone seems to wait till the last minute to sign up for NE. I know of 4 boat loads that are coming that haven't signed up. Hopefully, some of the first timers from last year will be back.   Mr. Ralph told me he and his family are coming back this year because they enjoyed last year's reunion so much. I woild think we'll get more people than last year.

-------------

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 2:39pm
Wed night at 7:20pm leave from jax arrive in Manchester 11;05 at night . Leave at 6:15 amMonday morn arrive in jax 10:15 am my father in law had some hook up an my flights are free

-------------

"An empty wagon makes t

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 2:41pm
By the way Dave Hendrix ?????? Anyone heard????

-------------

"An empty wagon makes t

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 3:50pm
I'll be there first thing Friday morning (early). I'll probably drop in the course (still waiting on permit but shouldn't be an issue) and will be there through Sun afternoon, early evening.

Not quite sure were I'll be staying yet.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 3:52pm
Keith, Dave, Tom and I will gladly meet you early Friday morning to help you with the course.

-------------

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 6:22pm
Looks like I'll have http://perfectpass.com/ - Perfect Pass Star Gazer and http://perfectpass.com/ - PercisionStar (GPS Speedo) installed in my '94 for the NE Reunion - for anyone who wants to try them out.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 7:07pm
I installed a stargazer perfect pass system on a customer boat yesterday that never had perfect pass on it an it was my first time ever doing one. Did it in 3 hours. Super easy. I'm sure the next one I'll be able to do in an hour and a half. They have great instructions and well layer out

-------------

Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 8:22pm
I agree on the PP Stargazer, put mine in this past weekend. Had a broken Servo cable out of the box, but other than that (they replaced it for free) it was no big deal.

Picture Pat and I are hopefully booking flights tonight, just had to make sure work would cooperate.

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: August-03-2011 at 9:02pm
I happen to like Billy's "half assed southern style Louisiana red neck cruise control" myself!! A ebay purchase and some of his engineering skills and it sure came out cheaper!!!

Billy, My compliments to you for doing that project!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: dip
Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 1:04am

+1. Serious lack of enthusiasm. The guys flying in are more excited than the locals who know what a great time is ahead of us

Two things are working against me going to the NE reunion. One is the earlier dates put it into my end of summer, previously planned vacation and the other is that it is a pretty long trek with little kids for a short trip. Lake George was several hours closer. It looks like a nicer lake for skiing than Lake George but it isn't very central to the more southern northeast people. Its a shame I can't make it. I owe Bruce and the boys a return on their hospitality!

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 1:12am
Originally posted by dip dip wrote:

Two things are working against me going to the NE reunion. One is the earlier dates put it into my end of summer, previously planned vacation and the other is that it is a pretty long trek with little kids for a short trip. Lake George was several hours closer. It looks like a nicer lake for skiing than Lake George but it isn't very central to the more southern northeast people. Its a shame I can't make it. I owe Bruce and the boys a return on their hospitality!

Obviously Eastern PA is a broad description of your location but if you're in range of where I live in north west, New Jersey and you do decide you want to go I'm planning on coming up to the reunion by myself (hopefully be taking home a pro female skier) but you're more than welcome to ride with me and my 86

-------------

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 1:47am
Still not sure where I'm staying. Wanna be close to the action and water but I can't fit a tent in a carry on?

-------------

"An empty wagon makes t

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 11:13am
What's the $$$ of the GPS Speedo? I can't seem to find the price on the website.

-------------

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 11:37am
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

Still not sure where I'm staying. Wanna be close to the action and water but I can't fit a tent in a carry on?

I've got a tent in Reids RV provided he registers and goes. It will sleep 5 so you can crash in there if he shows. If not then I guess I'm in the same "boat" with you

-------------

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 12:00pm

What's the $$$ of the GPS Speedo? I can't seem to find the price on the website.

Ken,

http://www.waterskis.com/Boat-GPS-Speedometer-p/mastercraft_gps_speedometer.htm - $329

-------------

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

The campground is probably where you'll find the most CCFans and it's very close.

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 2:00pm
Cut-off date for registrations will be August 15th. If you're planning to make it, better to register sooner than later.

Thanks,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: Barracuda
Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 5:51pm
Very cool to see people from all over the country planning to attend the NE reunion! Looking forward to seeing all my old CCF buddies and making some new ones too.

We're local (about 45 mins) so bringing an extra tent or supplies is not a problem- For any out of towners that don't want to check a tent or other gear- Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.

I've got one tent available if anyone would like to borrow it. Keith may have one to lend out as well?

-Brad

-------------
Former:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=759" rel="nofollow - '86 Nautique
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=507" rel="nofollow - '65 Barracuda

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 5:58pm

I think it's Brad's course.

It's my course.

Yep, Keith's course. But all the muck that came out of it and coated his boat at last years' reunion was mine....that should explain why he was cursing me the whole time he was setting it out

-------------
Former:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=759" rel="nofollow - '86 Nautique
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=507" rel="nofollow - '65 Barracuda

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 6:28pm
I was thinking the hotel would be the way to go this year based on the lack of campground activity last year but as many know camping is my natural state so with the added interest being expressed here I will be start to focus my thoughts in that direction. IIRC there is a subway and some other fast foot type places along with gas stations right on the circle by the campground.   I can also donate tent/sleeping bag/cooler type stuff to the jet set if needed.   As far as I know my boat will also have plenty of room and be stocked with gas and equipment for those who are boatless. Speaking of boatless this would normally about the time I started some trash talking to the likes of Tim or Reid.. but since Tim still needs to take his boat apart.. and Reid still needs to put the boat he is planning to bring together we will need to come up with some sort of competition that might be more competitive.   If they let us keep that course in all day this year perhaps we use that to separate the men from the boys..

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 7:34pm

Looks like I'll have http://perfectpass.com/ - Perfect Pass Star Gazer and http://perfectpass.com/ - PercisionStar (GPS Speedo) installed in my '94 for the NE Reunion - for anyone who wants to try them out.

-Keith

A black PrecisionStar would look great in your boat Keith (and in the raffle pile too).

-------------
Former:

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

If they let us keep that course in all day this year perhaps we use that to separate the men from the boys..

Careful, Blake is getting pretty good and if he becomes one of the "Men" there will be no living with him.

-------------

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

A black PrecisionStar would look great in your boat Keith (and in the raffle pile too).

It might just end up in the raffle - we'll see.

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 8:04pm
Joe, what about a timed race course for the boats? Would be hard to pass by all the legal, but fun

-------------

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 10:03pm
if anyone wants to book a pop up in the area for the campground i will pick it up thurs for anyone and drop it off then pick it up mon morn and return it .. if interested let me know here then we can take it from there

-------------

Posted By: dip
Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 10:16pm
Thanks Eric. It looks like you're about 2 1/2 hours away. I'd take you up on it but we'll be on vacation already. Maybe next year I'll make it again. I've been fortunate to meet and ski with a few members since I went to Lake George a couple years ago but it would be cool to take part in the reunion again. Have fun y'all.

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 11:19pm
I am ready for this event! A few questions if i may . Is this brackish for really fresh water? What lake would this be on? and how deep i have heard that lakes up there are extremely deep?

-------------

"An empty wagon makes t

Date Posted: August-04-2011 at 11:19pm
or*

-------------

"An empty wagon makes t

Print Page | Close Window