Forum Name: New
Forum Discription: What's new at CorrectCraftFan.com
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2638
Printed Date: May-15-2024 at 8:44pm

Topic: CIPA COMP Mirror
Posted By: Keith
Subject: CIPA COMP Mirror
Date Posted: October-22-2005 at 12:15am
I love the look of the classic mirror on my '86 Silver Nautique. The dash mounted aluminum frame with stainless steel brackets and black knobs define the Nautiques of that era as much as the dual speedometers and ring pylon. However, there are practical limitations to these mirrors and it's the reason why they were phased out by Correct Craft in the late 80's ...

Read my http://www.correctcraftfan.com/articles/featured_product.asp - complete review .

-------------
Former:
/diaries/details.asp?ID=6170" rel="nofollow - 97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Replies:
Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: October-22-2005 at 12:38am
Wouldn't have anything else. If you have
a tower on your boat, I'd also highly recommend a tower mounted mirror bracket.
Works incredibly well.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: October-31-2005 at 4:54pm
I have been wanting to do this same thing for a while. The dash mirror is good for keeping stuff up on the dash, that's about it.

Posted By: 882001
Date Posted: November-18-2005 at 7:25am
i use two mirrors the useless one on the dash is just for seeing girls on the boat, but beside that its crap,and it is a cipa comp mirror. and i also have a windshield monted cipa that i use and it is way better.

-------------
kemah texas
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=163&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990 - 1988
skinautique "2001"

Posted By: ArtC
Date Posted: August-02-2006 at 4:10pm
What you say is correct. The use of a truck mirror was pioneered by Leo Bentz (the original inventor of the Ski Nautique) at his ski school in North Miami Beach in the early '60's. Correct Craft started using a similar mirror in about 1970. Prior to that it was up to the owner to provide his own mirror. When I came to work here, one of the first things I did was to modify the brackets pictured in Keith's photo. Prior to that, the brackets were identical left and right, so the mirror could not be mounted at the proper angle due to interference with the windshield we were using at the time. The offset in the brackets allows the mirror to be mounted at a useable angle. We also changed them from aluminum to stainless at that time.   

-------------
Art

Posted By: kapla
Date Posted: April-04-2008 at 8:02pm
Actually i had a smaller cipa mirrow and it ended up in the trash, It was all made of plastic (china made) and after a couple of months of use the mouting bracket broke due to vibrations caused by the normal navigation of the boat (eg hiting wake choppy condition of the water etc). I have the original cipa in dash and i`d like to mount it in the windshield. But here in argentina i have to figure how to custom build a bracket as the original is impossible to find.

-------------
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Print Page | Close Window