Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30775
Printed Date: April-27-2024 at 4:22am

Topic: Nyman Boat Lift
Posted By: wsavini
Subject: Nyman Boat Lift
Date Posted: July-15-2013 at 8:37pm
I Just bought a 3000 # Nyman Hydro lift. It hooks to garden hose. works ok, BUT its slow. I run it of my cottage shallow well pump which kicks on at 30 psi and off at 60 psi. I would like to put it on its own pump. Does anyone have one of these lifts and what is the best pump to use? should I go with electric or 12 volt? And what is the best pressure to work them at? Thanks, I bought it used so I don't have a manual. Wayne   

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: July-16-2013 at 10:53am
We have a few Nymans but theyre all hydraulic, so I cant offer much help on how the water pressure system works. I would imagine a 12V pump would be the way to go, if nothing else, you dont have to run power down to the water.

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: July-16-2013 at 7:49pm
Wayne,
It would be best to get some GPM and PSI specs for sizing the pump. You may not get what you need from a 12 volt pump. post the figures and I'll be able to help.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-18-2013 at 12:10am
Ok, I bought a shallow well jet pump the has a 700 gph and a 77 PSI. Ill set up this weekend and let you know how it works. Thanks, Wayne

Posted By: dkilcoyne
Date Posted: June-21-2017 at 6:28pm
Hi Wayne, I know this was a while back but what was the outcome? I getting a used lift and the current owner has it running on house water. I'm planning on installing a 12v pump and have all the same questions you had. Thank you for any information you can share.

-------------
Dan

Date Posted: June-21-2017 at 6:43pm
Hi, I couldn't get mine to work all that great. Didn't make a difference when I bought a pump just for the lift. What I ended up doing is converting the lift to a hydraulic lift. It took some planning and cost me about a grand but it was well worth it. Good luck with yours. I still have the giant piston. I was going to scrap it.

Posted By: scootdogydog
Date Posted: June-22-2017 at 9:37am
I have a nyman water lift that I use regularly. I run it off of a garden hose that's connected to my well pump. It isn't very fast, but it hasn't bothered me. It goes up faster than I can cover the boat anyway...

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7183" rel="nofollow - 1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP

Print Page | Close Window