Print Page | Close Window

Newb and stoked!

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31859
Printed Date: April-27-2024 at 2:33pm

Topic: Newb and stoked!
Posted By: 29EHV8
Subject: Newb and stoked!
Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 4:04pm
Eh gang!
So finally I am a S/N owner! I just made a deal on a bit of a project for my kids and I to tackle.
I live in BC, build hot rods for a living. Do lots of weldin and fabbin. I used to race BMX and moto-x, skateboarded, drag raced, crew chiefed on Sprint cars, stock cars etc. Life is good after a divorce, kids and I do everything together everyday
So I made a deal on this S/N, but there is no paperwork and I could not find the H.I.N. any where on the boat. There is no numbers on the trailer either. I can get it registered here in BC, but would like to know what I have.
Its off white with to tone brown stripes. I did get the number off of the velvet drive if that helps?
Can't wait to tackle this project and get it out on the water!

-Shiny

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Replies:
Posted By: skutsch
Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:03pm
Congrats on your purchase! Pics will go a long way to helping determine what you have.

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:37pm

Here ya go...

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:48pm

Nice butt eh!

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:50pm

Mmmmmm velvet!

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Posted By: Dreaming
Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:56pm
I am not the expert by any means, but I am guessing 80-83 based on the vent windows on the sides of the windshield.   I am thinking that there is a forward scoop on the bow, which would make it 81 or earlier.     Your HIN number is going to be right under the rub rail on the driver side rear, and that will tell you what year it is according to mfg.
The trailer does not look original, if it is a CC trailer, it looks to have been modified pretty heavily (it looks wider than standard, has funky steps and a prop guard)   

Welcome!:)

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:57pm
80' or 81' ish, check for HIN on stern below rub rail starboard (right) side

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 6:04pm
Thanks eh!
I have a few more pics too
I noticed the trailer has had some work done on it for sure. I looked and could not find numbers any where. Even called a fellow S/N buddy and he told me where to look while I was standing beside the boat.

Dreaming, I spend wuite a bit of time in your area, got good friends in Kent and Marysville

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 6:06pm
80-81 for sure. The HIN will be stamped where Quinner says, but it may or may not have the model year in it (that convention didnt start until '83). It will have the "hull certification year" stamped instead, whatever that means.

If it has "20th anniversary" stamped on the transom below the rub rail (port/left side) then its a '81. If it doesnt, then its like a '80. Some '80 boats have the electronic speedo instead of the 2nd Airguide... but really, there arent many details that changed between the 2 years.

And yes, that trailer definitely has some interesting modifications! There will not be a number stamped anywhere on a trailer of that vintage, unfortunately- at least not one that is likely to still be in tact. The VIN/serial number was printed on a sticker that is most likely long gone, or at best, faded beyond recognition. It would have been placed on the outside of the frame in the vicinity of where that bow stop monstrosity is, ha.

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 6:07pm
Get some pics of the interior and motor also and while your at it some pics of the kool stuff from your shop!!

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 6:18pm

Thanks again guys. I will look really good for the H.I.N.

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 6:25pm

Here is my 1966 Mercury crewlcab, Factory built with speedy upgrades by me. Its my family cruiser, swapmeet bruiser! Most of it is original paint, it only has 45,000 original miles, was a Fire Crew Truck and spent its life sitting in the Fire Dept shop. I have another one I am puting on a Cummins 12valve 4x4 chassis

This is our '35 Ford Phaeton, yes it has a trailer hitch!

My '50 Ford shoebox, I built it, cruised it then sold it. It is now on one of the Hawaiian Islands

I did some work on this '55 GMC sChOOL bus. i looked after it for the last few years, it as just sold and is now in Ontario somewhere

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 6:40pm
Too bad you only get 19 days a year to drive those up there. Neat stuff. I like the S10 Blazer too.

-------------

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 6:43pm
Ha! Shows what you know about this large country up here. I live in Victoria BC, Miama of Canada...
Last year it snowed one day here, Christmas Day, perfect eh! And I drove my Merc Crewlcab that day

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 6:49pm
My friend went to Canada once and said it was cold.

-------------

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 7:05pm
Lots of short bus guys here you will fit right in, lol

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 7:24pm
Hollywood, its a HUGE land mass, little more specific please. I have been to L.A. and all it did was rain, does that mean it rains all over the US 100% of the time? hehe

Quinner, perfect! It feels like home already

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Posted By: Dreaming
Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 9:31pm
Dash shows it's older than 82... might explain some of the space between the fender well and the gunnel on the trailer.   

Small world :)   I have family in both MV and Kent.   Pretty sure I have admired your Merc crew in the past also... Diesel crew cabs are pretty sweet.

Posted By: JPASS
Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 11:24pm
Welcome to the site. What are your plans for your new project?

-------------
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique

Date Posted: October-22-2013 at 11:46pm
Dreaming, it is a small world!

Jpass, thanks eh! Well the seats are missing so will be building all new stuff, luckily a few of my buds are great upholsterers. I am going to redo, replace the stringers, transom and floors. Not sure about the motor, getting mixed info. I do have another good Windsor so may replace it, but I have lots of killer small block chevys in my collection so uh...hmmm
And I will get rid of the ugly puppy poop brown too, kids say Lime or Purple   

This site / forum is awesome, been checking it out for a few years now, you guys know your sh*t!!

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Posted By: dwcar
Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 10:33am
Welcome to the site Shiny,

You do know that the Windsor in your boat is a reverse rotation??

-------------
83Ski

Posted By: phatsat67
Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 11:04am
Anyone else notice the Canada flag in place of the USA flag? Pretty neat never seen that before.

Congrats on the boat!

Looks like a modified ski Supreme or Master Craft trailer.

-------------

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 11:20am
Nah, thats a CC trailer thats been modified. Most of the early inboard trailers (MC, Supreme, American Skier) leveraged the CC design pretty heavily.

Ive seen a Canada sticker in that place on one other boat. No idea if the factory did it or not.

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 11:23am
If you are going to repaint the graphics there is artwork on the site for creating a mask for an 81, my 80 was Chevy powered. If you repower ideally you would want to use a reverse rotation motor, there are some guys who have gone standard rotation with big HP like PAPA in Indiana as one example.

Zach, did notice the canada flag, pretty cool

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 11:35am
Tim, You're probably right but that trailer looks like the bunks pinch the nose off soo tight like off brand trailers.

I assumed the red was faded off the other Canada decal haha. Cool pic.

-------------

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 11:54am
I'm with Zach, does not look like a CC trailer to me either but should work just fine.

-------------

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 11:55am
Zach, good point. It looks like the boat is pretty far forward on the trailer, which would make it appear narrower at the front. A picture from the side would confirm. Im guessing the tongue cant be lifted easily (or at all) by hand? It almost looks like the bunks might be 4x4's as well?

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:05pm
Timmy, if you look at the frame rails on the above trailer they look like they are boxed and maybe a half inch or inch shorter than the period CC trailer you pictured. I would also bet that if it is a CC trailer said modifier probably lined the bunks up to the read of the boat as to not make the transom overhang the trailer (he knows not what he does!)

-------------

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:07pm
Retract my boxed statement but retain my shorter in height statement.

-------------

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:11pm
Now that's what I'd call a reverse gel

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:17pm
CC actually switched frame rail sizes at some point in the mid-late 70's sometime... and Im not sure exactly when. All of my #3's through '74 have 3" channel, and all of them from 80-83 have 4" channel. I think either that trailer has the smaller channel (the one under my '80 is definitely 4") or the bunks are taller (4x4's) that are playing tricks on your eyes... or maybe both.

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:32pm
Shiny

The picture of your 50 ford reminded me of this car.

It was done by a friend of mine up in MA. He is primarily a car guy but I met him at the lake after pulling up to check out his beautifully redone 67 Stevens flatty. He sold that and redid an old Donzi next. He wasn't into boats until he picked up the flatty just for the engine to put into one of his car projects, but then he got bit by the bug and restored the Stevens instead. His current project is this 37 truck that is going to be a dragster.

-------------

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:34pm
Noted Timmy haha.

-------------

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:41pm
Gary,   I actually have a euqituaN ikS t-shirt.

Tim,   I think '75-'76 bout the same time they changed fender style.

Stoked, you plannin' on puttin' the right graphics back on ?

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:58pm
Al, that makes sense on the frame/fender change.

I have seen enough of those solid striped 80-81 boats for me to believe they came that way from the factory. Most seem to have been 2-color, but this 3-color looks original too.

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:14pm
Huh, never saw one.

Still doesn't look normal. But they prolly saved a ton on masking tape.

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:38pm
I am with you Tim. Seems like there has been more and more solid color boats from those years the more I think about it. Was the other color scheme and extra cost option? Who knows.

-------------

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:43pm
I dont think there were that many of the solid striped 80-81's compared to the normal single color (more intricate design) stripe. At least not based on what Ive seen in person and in the diaries. The above boats are Ken's (Nautique2001) former '80, and then the only 3 in the diaries. I have seen at least one more in person (red/brown). If anything, I would guess the solid color stripes may have been the option since theyre relatively uncommon... but who knows.

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I would guess the solid color stripes may have been the option since theyre relatively uncommon... but who knows.

Art probably does...Maybe he'll see this thread and lay some more CC history on us.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:54pm
Exactly, I agree that they are now common enough to have probably come from Mother Correct Craft. Ha.

-------------

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by 29EHV8 29EHV8 wrote:

Mmmmmm velvet!

What's up with the 72C transmission or did someone else already mention? Nice upgrade, but I've never seen one come behind a small block. Maybe it was a replacement? It'll probably add assurance when pulling a 25 man trick ski run, as you know 29EHV8's obviously not of the nature to leave this thing stock. Welcome by the way.

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 2:00pm
Nice Catch Reid.

-------------

Posted By: skutsch
Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

as you know 29EHV8's obviously not of the nature to leave this thing stock. Welcome by the way.

Reid - no kidding, I keep seeing the title of this thread, "newb and stoked" but in my mind, I keep seeing "newb and STROKED"!

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 2:24pm
"Newd and stacked!" would be nice

-------------

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 5:50pm
You guys are funny!

HW, New and Stacked eh... that would be my wife, but she only does Maxim, FHM and Stuff photo shoots, so she doesnt do newds (well only for me of course ) I will get you fellas a pic or two, maybe with the boat too (like you would notice it anyways

Reid, so its a gooder trans? Details please...

It will get some power for sure, not positive what it will get for a new stove though. All of my Mercurys and Fords have Chevy power. Daddy always said, "Build yer Ford right, with genuine Chevrolet parts" hehe

Quinner, it will get repainted for sure, factory design with some different colors. Thanks for the tip!

I noticed that the trailer has been refabbed a bit. We will restore it at a later date

Can't wait to tackle this thing. As for stringer replacement wood, I have whatever I want really. Owning and running my own portable sawmill for years has given me options. And one of my good buds builds performance f'glass boats too so I will hit him up for sure

Creeped the forum more last night and there is so much info here. You guys aren't just a buncha hicks with pretty boats eh!

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 5:52pm
75, those are killer rides! I have seen pics of the coupe before, and i think his truck too. Think he is a member of the HAMB

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 6:03pm

New and Stacked eh... that would be my wife

Sweet. Sounds like you already know, but just incase you missed it, the Golden Rule on CCF is "pics or it didn't happen"

"Build yer Ford right, with genuine Chevrolet parts"

LMAO

factory design with some different colors.

Awesome news.

-------------

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 6:04pm

Think he is a member of the HAMB

Yup, that's him. Very talented. He sells himself as a metal/car guy but once he got into boats, he showed his skills there too.

Here is a before and after of his stevens and an after of his donzi.

-------------

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 6:14pm
HW,
I will get ya a shot of my lady... (but thats it for my initiation right?) hehe
Maddmarxx S/N is killer! D\Found it months ago when kids said they want one white with lime, the purple is great too! I would paint ours darker purple to match the final color our hot rod is going to be

75, his boats are unreal, mad skills eh!

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 6:21pm
I knew I had some better pics of his Stevens some place

I just realized, in my post above with the stevens before picture, my poor little boat looks like a 67 Falcon next to his.

-------------

Date Posted: October-23-2013 at 7:15pm
That's a beautiful floater right there. Your buddy does some top notch work.

-------------

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: October-24-2013 at 1:10am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I just realized, in my post above with the stevens before picture, my poor little boat looks like a 67 Falcon next to his.

Uhhh.....I don't think so..

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: October-24-2013 at 2:19am
That right there is one sexy Nailhead! Wowzers!
I love those mills, huge poke and they look killer!

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Date Posted: October-24-2013 at 3:06pm
So what is the details of my Velvet Drive? I will put a pic of my lady on here if someone fills me in

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: October-24-2013 at 3:25pm
A 72c (10-18) was typically a big block transmission as it is rated for upto 475 hp at 4200rpm while a 71c(10-17)was rated for 310hp at 4200rpm and was found behind pretty much all small blocks put into correct crafts until they stopped using velvet drives.   If someone added it later it would have been a pia as they are longer, often have different input shafts and usually have a 5 inch coupler instead of a 4 inch like what is found on a 1:1 drive ratio 71c. so a new drive shaft would have likely been in order, maybe a damper. You should take pics of your wife next to the running gear, rear of the transmission, engine, front of the transmission if engine is out, etc and we can make more useful comments about what you have and how it will affect the parts you need to buy

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 1:07am
couldn't have said it better myself Joe......

can't wait for those transmission pictures...

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: Kristof
Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 5:08am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

You should take pics of your wife next to the running gear, rear of the transmission, engine, front of the transmission if engine is out, etc and we can make more useful comments about what you have and how it will affect the parts you need to buy

Now that's what I would call killing two birds with one stone!

You'll be surprised how much info this is gonna generate from the members...

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 9:08am
You guys are a riot!
Joe, thanks for the info. Sounds like some horsepower is in store! What Chevy mill should I use? Hehe

No pics of my girl with the boat yet, but heres one for ya!

She has already said she will pose with the boat when its done, and maybe some in progress shop pics too

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 9:26am
Very Nice! .... Better tell her to be careful when leaning on the engine cover. Might poke a few holes in the vinyl with that Bikini top!    

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: OverMyHead
Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 9:41am
I've meet a lot of women who I worried would break my heart, but never one that would puncture it! YIKES!

-------------
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 10:17am
Greatful Dead fan perhaps?

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Posted By: bhectus
Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 10:18am
HW, that bastardized "Bare Foot" is still for sale here in G'Vegas. It is now at one of the marinas in Melrose and still priced well over 10k. The guy is nuts if he thinks he's even going to get $7k for it.

-------------
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 11:13am
Nice Top!! That's one way to have a man keep his hands to himself!!

So whose poking who when she's wearing that one??

Posted By: Smithfamily
Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 5:30pm
Well she wont be riding a tube in that suit.

-------------
Js

Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 6:31pm
Let's get this on the current page.

Good start!

-------------

Date Posted: October-26-2013 at 3:16pm
Quinner, the top aint for fighting me off! Hehe

It was so sharp it was actually cutting her arms in the photoshoot!

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Date Posted: January-29-2014 at 3:19pm
Eh guys, so we made a deal on the boat. When I went there the speedos and tach werent there. He had said they were in his shop and now theyre gone, kinda choked but what do I do?
So was wondering what exactly am I looking for?
Thanks again!

-------------
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods

Date Posted: January-29-2014 at 3:33pm
Congrats on the boat, youre going to love it.

Here is what youre looking for on the speedos... I have a matched pair if youre interested.

I know I have a picture of the original tach somewhere... let me dig around. Pretty sure I have a spare in a box somewhere if you want that too.

PM or email me: TRBenj@gmail.com

Date Posted: January-29-2014 at 3:51pm
Here's what the original Teleflex tach looked like:

Teleflex also made a similar gauge with a larger sweep range that would match. We have one like this in our BFN and its a little easier to read. Theres one on ebay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TELEFLEX-6000-RPM-TACHOMETER-BLACK-FACE-BEZEL-1125174-MARINE-BOAT-/310733508172?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item4859290e4c&vxp=mtr" rel="nofollow - ebay Tach

Print Page | Close Window