Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3240
Printed Date: May-19-2024 at 6:55pm

Topic: Cheap GT40p heads
Posted By: David F
Subject: Cheap GT40p heads
Date Posted: March-24-2006 at 10:01am
I mentioned this in another post, but thought starting a new thread will give it better exposure....

My favorite machine shop (Austin, TX) has a brand new SET of GT40p heads that they will sell for $500.00 ready to bolt on.

Anyone interested?

Replies:
Posted By: waterboy
Date Posted: March-24-2006 at 10:52am
David, check out the parts for sale posting.
A guy from Dallas is selling a set of used ones he took off his boat. He mentiones that they are not the automotive heads. which makes me believe they are different. I would Be interested in the new ones. I want to call Correct Craft to make sure there is no difference.

-------------
waterboy

Posted By: David F
Date Posted: March-24-2006 at 11:57am
The only possible difference I can think of is brass freeze plugs instead of steal. Other than that, I would be interested in knowing the difference as I KNOW PCM or any other marine manufacture did not cast a special cylinder head.

Posted By: waterboy
Date Posted: March-24-2006 at 5:32pm
David, would the machaine shop who has the heads know if the bolt holes need drilled. If so,I wonder if they would do it? Would my bronze freeze plugs fit?

-------------
waterboy

Posted By: 2_Nautiques
Date Posted: March-24-2006 at 8:00pm
I don't claim to know anything about what heads are what, however I worked in GM foundry for several years and it seems that on the V8 head line we would do change overs from auto heads to run marine heads?

-------------

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1160" rel="nofollow - 1988 Ski Nautique

Print Page | Close Window