Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36140
Printed Date: April-30-2024 at 1:38am

Topic: 73 martinique 351 impeller
Posted By: thump3r1337
Subject: 73 martinique 351 impeller
Date Posted: May-26-2015 at 1:15am
I bought a 73 martinique, my first boat, but I did help a buddy restore a 65 mustang (which I now own as well).   This 73 needs some serious rehab. I am working through all the basics and ran into a snag. The motor is a 351 windsor, and the water pump is a Thermo Electron. I haven't found any info for this pump. I used my caliper and think I can use the Jabsco Impeller Kit - 8 Blade - Neoprene - 2-9/16" Diameter from amazon.

Has anyone run into a good replacement impeller for this pump? It appears to be a 8 blade, 2" deep, ~ 2-1/2" - 2-9/16" wide, and a 9/16 - 5/8" shaft. The previous owner was't in to maintenance. So I am try to put her back into healthy status, and put some serious hours on her. Only 1200 factory so far..

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: May-26-2015 at 7:23pm
Robert,
Welcome to CCfan. How about some pictures of the boat?

On the impeller, you're on the right track. Many have had to go by measurements. Thremo didn't make the pump but just had it private labeled. If you haven't already, go to Jabsco's site and use their impeller guide. Ether that or call Jamestown Distributing. Make sure you get the spline drive..

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: May-26-2015 at 7:45pm
And make sure to carefully inspect the inside of that plastic pump housing.

Some modern Volvo's use that exact impeller also.

And yes, please post some photos of your Martinique!    What color is it?

Posted By: thump3r1337
Date Posted: March-16-2018 at 11:46am
I found the impeller on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GWFOJ7C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jabsco Impeller Kit - 8 Blade - Nitrile - 2-9/16" Diameter

Been working great, haven't needed to replace it yet, but bought 2 so I have a spare.

Print Page | Close Window