Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36806
Printed Date: June-10-2024 at 12:57am

Topic: Finally got it out
Posted By: gun-driver
Subject: Finally got it out
Date Posted: July-20-2015 at 2:13pm
Well this summer has been a bust in the 'burgh. Tons of rain HEAVY RAIN rivers swollen and full of debrie.
The family vacation to the lake started Friday so I finally got the boat ('95) out of storage the Monday before. Ran on the bucket all was well so off to the lake.
Get to the lake Friday afternoon drop the boat in at the launch and head to the house. All is working well, good oil pressure, temp normal, she's running great. Go to full throttle for a strech and hear a bang from the front part of the boat. Sounded like I hit something in the water. Back out of the throttle check all gauges,no vibration "whew it didn't hit the prop what ever it was"
Back up to full throttle then I feel a dripping on my leg I then realize what the bang was. The pitot tube must have popped off the back of the speedo look down at the speedo and its filling with water. Dam blew out the bellows
This is the second speedo to go, replaced the other a couple years back and now the other one is blown out.
I think this one is going to Classic for the GPS conversion.
Other than that and all the F###ing tubers it's been a nice break and the boat is running like a champ.

Print Page | Close Window