Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37605
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 3:20am

Topic: The Toertel's Italian adventure
Posted By: Toertel
Subject: The Toertel's Italian adventure
Date Posted: November-02-2015 at 6:36am
So were here for 2 month now and boy do we miss hanging out with CCF bro's and spending time on the water. We skied/footed once and then it got too cold...in September
Anyway, we did spend the last weekend on the water (kinda) and visited Venice

and did all the tourist stuff

Had no fun at all

BTW now I know why nobody owns a boat in Europe

That was That the pump in Venice and translates to 25 gals x 3.78=94.5 x 1.62 Euro = 153 Euro or 168 USD!!!!! The buckedhead race would burn a hole into the budget....

Anyway, we got spare beds, so come visit!

BTW while the Italian food is great, by now it sucks, as there is almost no other thing to eat....

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Replies:
Posted By: Smithfamily
Date Posted: November-02-2015 at 7:59am
How long will you be there, and kids in school?

-------------
Js

Posted By: jimsport93
Date Posted: November-02-2015 at 11:57am
Missing you guys here in Georgia!
You shopping for a Riva Aquarama while you are there?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2798 - 93 Sport Nautique

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: November-02-2015 at 12:01pm

-------------

Date Posted: November-02-2015 at 12:11pm
The plan is to be there 1-2 years, so time for ya'll to visit

Jim, I seem to be 700k short for a riva

Larry, I would not swim in that water! We were in the 50's and the water still smelled (no romance there in the gondola...) Besides that, the thought of footing/sking crossed my mind as it would make a nice shot

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: November-02-2015 at 12:20pm
Might as well get a new car to go with the Riva!!

-------------

Date Posted: November-02-2015 at 12:46pm
GOT THE CAR COVERED!
That's a pic when we took delivery

(not) but I'm thinking of buying an old vespa scooter to play with

And I'm looking at this on my desk every day...will try to build a replica dash for it

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: November-02-2015 at 1:55pm
When in Rome... Check out Boesch!

Posted By: NCH20SKIER
Date Posted: November-03-2015 at 7:49am
Enjoy and keep posting pictures.   Not sure the Chick-Fil-A care Wil make it through customs

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: November-03-2015 at 7:55am
Chic-fil-A would be nice!
By now I'm trying to hunt down a big green egg and start doing my own brisket....Sshould try to connect through CLT and stop at the Carolina BBQ Pit

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Posted By: Kristof
Date Posted: November-05-2015 at 7:44am
No worries, next spring/summer hop in your car and make a road trip to Belgium.
I'll make sure y'all get some hours on the water... And have nice accomodations!

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Date Posted: November-05-2015 at 7:49am
Our daughter Emily (17) is going to Europe for an educational tour, in March. London, Paris, Florence and Rome. We were to join them, but they were covered for chaperones.

-------------
Js

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: November-05-2015 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

I'll make sure y'all get some hours on the water... And have nice accomodations!

Kristof,
Mention to Sebastian that you've got a BBQ grill or even better, a smoker and he may just make that road trip earlier!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: November-05-2015 at 10:33am

It's size of your tub that scares me cause if the tub is that small, how big is the guest bed???

If we time it just right then maybe we'll have a European/American Mini.......

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: November-05-2015 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

It's size of your tub that scares me cause if the tub is that small, how big is the guest bed???

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: juniorwoody
Date Posted: November-05-2015 at 4:48pm
We really enjoyed Venice. went to Italy for the month of August a few years ago. Let me tell you that is the hot time of the year seriously. have you taken trains? airconditioned? when you leave the station they seem to be fine but a little down the track all of a sudden no air LOL. went from Rome to Venice and down to Assasi and then the the cinqua terra region. it was beautiful. where will you settle for the stay? i would go back for sure. enjoy as we will your photos.

-------------
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future

Date Posted: November-06-2015 at 7:00am
Jerry, even better, so you can come and don't worry about the kids....your more than welcome

Jack, I work in the train business, so no comment as the company I work for also sells HVAC's for trains....

Owning a CC is great but you start to condition the kids and they see when a boat is not up to snuff...when Gabe saw the gondola, he gave me the "MasterCraft" look haha

Food wherever you look but as I said before, only Italian stuff (meet a guy from ATL at Gabe's school and he brought the egg, so BBQ is now covered)

And yes, we are also doing the tourist thing
#beentheredonethat

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: November-06-2015 at 10:41am
Well Mr. Italiano....looks like you're making the spaghetti next time we hit Lake X for the weekend.

Brrrrrrrr Looks cold!

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: November-08-2015 at 3:28pm

That will haunt me for the rest of my life...

-------------
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Date Posted: November-08-2015 at 3:55pm

It's size of your tub that scares me

And it should haunt you. You should have known better with this group! Now if you had posted Chantel in your tub, that would have been a different story!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: November-08-2015 at 5:12pm

That reminds me of http://www.humorbin.com/showitem.asp?item=20" rel="nofollow - this joke Kristof.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: November-09-2015 at 11:21am
Hey, I know you guys like pics, so I'll keep em coming.
We went to the beach for some (shock) fishing (Thanks Jimbob for teaching Gabe)

Our mastiff had her first walk on the beach (lake lanier doesn't count)

Then we pretended to have the CC with us for a pull (boy was the Adriatic coast flat...)

Oh and after seeing skutch's work in the yard, I had to use the ride on that our landlord left us, beer and did this
Before

After (note, the lines are not straight anymore due to silver bullets or the Italian equivalent)

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Posted By: must_dash
Date Posted: November-09-2015 at 3:27pm
toertel
Where in Italy are you, We are north west of Milan near Lake Maggiore if you out this way then shout.
The boat is still in the water for the next few weeks.
Tom

-------------
1986 Martinique - sold

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.

Date Posted: November-09-2015 at 4:57pm
Tom, we live in Casinalbo outside of Modena
I'll shout lound and clear next week!

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: November-10-2015 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

That reminds me of http://www.humorbin.com/showitem.asp?item=20" rel="nofollow - this joke Kristof.

-------------

Posted By: 86BFN
Date Posted: November-10-2015 at 11:49am
Sebastian,

Looks like you are enjoying you time in Italy! All the Best to you are your Family!
Make sure you take Pictures next weekend and keep them coming!    

Ya know how we love Pictures!

-------------
👣 Steve
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4057&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1986&yrend=1986" rel="nofollow - 86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG

Date Posted: November-23-2015 at 8:18am
Temps started to drop and we are missing the US of A...

Gabe is enjoying school and helping me out sometimes

At least he gets to spend time one something fun with an engine...while mom does not like my idea of a Ducati or Vespa...

snow started to fall this weekend in the mountains close by

Oh and my dad had a heart and got me this bad boy (chicken was prep for turkey day this week and then I'll try a brisket)

Jimbob, your company produces the BGE and you should get a 50% discount once! So unless you already did that, I got dibs on that!!!

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: November-30-2015 at 5:40am
While we did have to work Thursday and Friday, we still thought of ya'll and had a Saturday turkey dinner.
We brined the bird over night and injected him with a butter/rum mix

Most of the rum however magically ended up inside of me LOL

The we got the Joe up to 350f and put the bird on

The hardest part is not seeing what smells to good and sounds like heaven (other than the sound of our boat which we miss)

We basted that bad boy every hours with some butter/rum

And then waited and waited haha

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving ya'll

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: November-30-2015 at 7:23am
Looks great!!

-------------
Js

Date Posted: November-30-2015 at 8:45am
solid

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: Okie Boarder
Date Posted: November-30-2015 at 2:12pm
Looks like good times.

Posted By: skutsch
Date Posted: November-30-2015 at 3:14pm
Seb, looks awesome, make the best of the time you have there! See you soon!

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: December-11-2015 at 11:04am
Since I'm boat less, this is what I did last weekend
Step by step
0.5 you should consume a nice adult beverage and keep repeating till the party starts, then increase intensity of said step.
1. Bought a good brisket. Seriously, this is important. You can't polish a turd. No need to buy Kobe or anything, just good marbling, a thick flat, and not too much hard fat.

2. Trim some hard fat of and rub the meat (the brisket, not the sausage). 1/2 cup onion powder and each 1/4 cup of kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
3. Light the smoker and settle in at a stable 225-250F.
5. Add soaked apple wood chunks to the lump charcoal (and a aluminum pouch with soaked rosemary and 2 holes in the top) and get your meat on there.
Mine went on at midnight last Friday.

6. Your cook time will vary between 1-1.5 per lb. You should be checking your temps every few hours to make sure your fire has neither gone out nor gotten too hot. There will be a period at which the internal meat temp stops rising, often for several hours. This is called the stall, and usually happens around 165 or so. This is where people who like to wrap their meat do so in either foil or butcher paper. It's not necessary, just personal preference. I don't wrap my meat. Not since getting married anyway.
7. When the internal meat temp hits 180 start testing for doneness. You want to see if all the fat has rendered and the connective tissue has all broken down. In other words, a very tough cut of meat is now like jelly. I jiggle mine to see if it's ready. It should be very soft and jiggly (like a fat girl's titties). You're typically going to pull it off the smoker at 185-195 internal temp.

8. Wrap in double layers of heavy duty foil. Then wrap in towels, and put in a cooler. Not the one with ice and beer in it, dumbass. You can let it rest there for up to 4 or 5 hours. It will still be steaming hot. You want to let it rest at least an hour or 2 though.

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: December-11-2015 at 11:05am
And I hope the weather in GA remains nice and warm, since we'll be in ATL from 12/27 till 1/9!!! I'll bring the BF suit

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: December-11-2015 at 11:25am
Thank you for the write up

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: skutsch
Date Posted: December-11-2015 at 11:33am
Dude, let me know the next time your doing that, I'll be on a plane!

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Posted By: JPASS
Date Posted: December-11-2015 at 11:53am
Damn that looks good.

-------------
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: December-11-2015 at 12:09pm
nice watch

Date Posted: December-11-2015 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

nice watch

You and Greg think alike (scary...)
As I told him on FB, I think it is a fake ;-0

Steve, fly over and I'll have one ready for ya

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: December-11-2015 at 12:26pm
fake or real if it keeps time it's a nice watch

Date Posted: December-11-2015 at 12:33pm
I hear ya HW.
I got it right before we moved to Italy. It's the "coke" version and thus reminds me of our time in ATL every day and I love the looks of the GMT

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: December-11-2015 at 12:37pm
Team Red

I had a hook up in China but he changed jobs, been trying to convince a co-worker to sell me some of his. I planned a prank to hand out [fake] Rolex's to my groomsmen except 1 guy get a Timex.

Date Posted: December-11-2015 at 12:42pm
I always wanted one and whenever I had spare cash I put it away for some time (spare cash that did not end up in a boat, gun, etc) and since I'm married, I never have spare cash.
Finally pulled the trigger and am happy

Guess I gota buy a red boat now lol

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: February-15-2016 at 2:03pm
Since Adam stopped posting about his adventure and we are all still in hibernation mode, here some update and pics for ya
The wife and son are still happy but miss the states.
Our baby, aka the dog, is not coping as well as we wish with the move to Italy and she is now on antidepressants (good thing is vets are cheap here!!!) and finally back to her own self (not to myself, try her pills one day)

I'm getting the hang of the brisket smoking thing and can't wait to do one for ya'll once we move back

To the outside world I have acclimated well and now fit right in LOL
(Actually that is one of the rare days I wear a suit but that day my boss left and I'm now stuck with his job and have more things to look after grrr)

Carnival is a big thing in some parts of Europe in spring. Monkey do as monkey sees, so we dressed up and had a blast (obviously I'm Dr Love aka The Demon)

We also miss all the redneck things you can do in the US of A, hence we built a fire pit and started burning stuff...and drink beer

What else can I tell ya? We miss the boat and time we spend with ya'll, so I decided to use the time here in order to get into ski shape and started crossfit.
Instead of lunch I work out and love it. Not only do I loose weight and gain strength, I actually sleep better (which for us old guys is a big deal right).

I'll keep ya'll posted on the plans for this summer in ATL and hope some of you find the time to visit us here.

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Posted By: IAughtNaut
Date Posted: February-16-2016 at 12:51am
good work tackling cross fit. I started working out when I got to Australia and you're right, you definitely feel better.

Thanks for calling me out on my thread, I've been meaning to throw some new stuff up there.

-------------
bring the ruckus
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5347" rel="nofollow - 2000 Pro Air

Date Posted: February-16-2016 at 11:05am
Ya look good in that suit!
... And in your carnival suit too...

-------------

Date Posted: February-16-2016 at 11:26am
any waterskiing yet?

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: February-17-2016 at 10:23pm
love the updates...well not so much the meat jiggly things but...

you are appointed to do brisket at lake X..

even over there they know about KISS? wow...

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: February-18-2016 at 9:55am
JBear, we we know Kiss (BTW since I was in the states before, how coujld they get erased just by moving here?)
Brisket it is the
Yes we skied but on that white stuff....but temps are starting to rise again and we'll be on some water soon

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: March-07-2016 at 5:52am
Adam, you up yet? Your not keeping us updated! Guess you bought a Sanger and no longer want to hang with the cool folks here....

So we are starting to see signs of spring, with rain and moderate temps.
Biggest problem, or heavy in this case is the dog loves to be a pig out in the mud.
The result is a happy dog (for an hour) and a less than pleased dog mom and leads to this

I continue to work on getting into ski shape, hitting a new PR last weekend with a 308 lbs squat (what else is there to do, with the boat being 5k miles away..)

And then we got this new game called "Pie Face". It's like Russian roulette but with whipped cream. What a great game! Must try this drunk once...maybe bring it to one of the reunions!!!

Can't wait for the summer to come and spending the vacation in ATL

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: March-07-2016 at 10:10am
Glad to hear you will be vacationing in Atlanta!
Looking forward to seeing you guys.

-------------

Date Posted: April-12-2016 at 11:38am
Gota love Italy

An ashtray in a non smoking building over a fire extinguisher

And consistently going to the gym in order to be ready for ski season came with a little reward today. 1st muscle up

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Posted By: AAM196
Date Posted: April-12-2016 at 3:53pm
Seb... looks like you are fairing well in Italy... don't forget to get back to Pgh with your BF suit!

Date Posted: April-12-2016 at 4:24pm
that's good practice for the dolphin start

Date Posted: May-02-2016 at 5:16am
Well, last week I got a break and had to fly to the US of A for work.
I managed to squeeze in a weekend in ATL and wanted to stop in Charlotte but my boss had a different idea, hence only ATL.
After seeing Adam in great shape due to boxing, I had to start the weekend with a workout

The out to the lake. She started right up after 8 month of rest (I'm sure that's due to the deep cycle marine battery I have...or did Pete pass the 30k mark?)

Conditions were not optimal and boy am I rusty after such a long break but nothing would have stopped me from footing that weekend

While on the lake, I was blessed to run into these nice folks

And we ended Saturday with a sunset cruise on my buds tug

Sunday we had more fun on the lake and skied but my personal challenge was to master a headstand on the paddle board (try it...)

The remainder of the week I got sucked into work and my plans to meet Greg and Larry went down the s@#*%er...

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: June-10-2016 at 6:55am
So apparently they wanted me to work a lot while here so I spend tons of time throughout Europe which sounds nice but is not as it keeps me away from he folks I'd much rather spent time with. Other than that we are doing good and enjoying the time here.
No plans to move back yet thou but the silver lining if now is the vacation in ATL (Lanier crew note these dates, no excuses August 5th till 22nd!!!).

On one of my last trips I took the wife with me and we had some nice days in Madrid (worth a trip!)

Pool season is finally upon us and Gabe is constantly dragging over friends (I hope his girl/boy ratio stays like this throughout his teens ha)

Since there is little in form of watersport right now, I keep hitting the gym (new PR 180kg)

And the Misses is happy with all the fancy stuff they have here

We miss ya'll and hope to see ya soon. Timbob use your passport and come over, we'll hook you up with Italian Kim!!!

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: June-10-2016 at 7:19am
Looking good!

-------------
Js

Date Posted: June-10-2016 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Toertel Toertel wrote:

So apparently they wanted me to work a lot while here

Sebastian,
So far I haven't seen any work. From the pictures, it looks like you're on vacation!
Glad you're enjoying the stay over there.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: June-10-2016 at 10:06am
Why in the world would you want to see someone working? unless of course it was cousin Donald

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: June-10-2016 at 11:08am
Don't bulk up so much that you won't fit into your barefoot suit or be able to get both arms in front of you. When you have access to a skiboat then let me know and I'll head over. Do they have Kims in Italy?

Gary I think we better leaves Donalds work pics off the site as they really are for ladies only!

Nice Glasses Nat!

-------------

Date Posted: June-16-2016 at 10:54am
Timbob, at my age I don't think I run a risk in bulking up too much...I'm happyt if the sacle moves down thou

Well Natascha's big 40 is coming up soon and this is what I got her (don't tell her as the birthday is 3 weeks away).
It should cover the midlife crisis part, style, fun ...
I'll get a big bow for it.

1982 Vespa PK 50s with a 75cc racing kit (also don't tell her that part ha)

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: September-26-2016 at 7:27am
So during my short summer vacation I finally got some time to foot again and see my CCF bros!

Then the family had some fun time in Rome. Great city and must be visited if you ever make it to Italy!

I continued the bbq journey and tried a reverse sear on these puppies. Turned out great and is a keeper technique

And since I still don't have a ski boat here, I keep trying to get into ski shape for the next season

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: September-26-2016 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Toertel Toertel wrote:

I keep trying to get into ski shape for the next season

I'd say you are there.

Date Posted: November-24-2016 at 10:50am
That's what 12 month in Italy will do to you....
Yes been slow on the site but work is crazy right now...spend more time traveling than ever before ;(
But will be in the US of A 12/16-1/11 (mostly in MIA/JAX) and in need of a pull

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: November-24-2016 at 11:11am
You are half the man you used to be.
Happy Thanksgiving to you Natascha and Gabe!

-------------

Date Posted: November-24-2016 at 11:39am
[QUOTE=jimsport93] You are half the man you used to be.
QUOTE]
That's not what my girlfriend says!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: November-24-2016 at 11:42am
Let's just hope all that muscle doesn't go to his head!

He'll get back to the states and start lifting the 12oz curls again and that 6 pack will turn back into a case!

-------------

Date Posted: January-09-2017 at 9:09am
OK...overdue update
As of today my next job might take me further away from the Sport....as in potentially Asia...
I'll keep you all posted but have to face reality...
So if younor someone you know is interested in a 94 Sport with new upholstery/carpet and a GT40 in it...let me know...with trailer 10k as long as she goes to a good owner

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: January-09-2017 at 9:15am

-------------

Date Posted: January-09-2017 at 10:10am
Bummer!

-------------

Date Posted: January-10-2017 at 6:48am
Asia!? Another adventure!

-------------
Js

Posted By: 63 Skier
Date Posted: January-10-2017 at 10:46am
Wow, that sounds like a quite the U-turn! Sorry to hear you are selling the boat, but hope this is a good opportunity for you.

-------------
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Posted By: peter1234
Date Posted: January-10-2017 at 8:57pm
I see lots of apache's cig hulls and other go fast boats on a site i belong to in south east asia. maybe its just morphing into something else.

-------------
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go

Date Posted: January-23-2017 at 7:49am
Peter, could you send me the link to the sites?

YEP it seems to be settled and there is a 85% chance that I'll be in HK within 6 month

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique

Print Page | Close Window