Forum Name: CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
Forum Discription: Discussion around the annual CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37986
Printed Date: April-27-2024 at 2:39pm

Topic: 2016 White Lake Shindig
Posted By: whitelakerider
Subject: 2016 White Lake Shindig
Date Posted: January-18-2016 at 3:37pm
It's coming quick! I'm ready! April 15-17. Thoughts, plans, ideas, etc..... READY, SET, GO!

-------------
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com

Replies:
Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: January-18-2016 at 3:44pm
Good to hear and to know the dates, Townsend! Dave, maybe Tom, and I will be coming down and plan to be there by noon Friday. We are looking forward to it!

Posted By: velde99
Date Posted: January-18-2016 at 3:56pm
Dhart- see you here?

Date Posted: January-20-2016 at 12:55pm
I am going to do it a little different this year. To ensure everyone registered gets a shirt, prize, and other goodies, I am going to have a pre-register. If you will, email townsend@whitelake.com with your name, user name, shirt size for YOU, and how many you will have coming. Each registered user of CCFan will receive a free shirt. If you would like extras for your family let me know and they will be available for purchase. When you arrive you will have a goodie bag with your name on it. In it will be your shirt, your ticket for the door prizes and some other goodies. Cut off for the registration will be April 1st. This will give me time to have the shirts printed.

-------------
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: January-20-2016 at 1:58pm
Can you make the shirt color yellow !!   just saying or what color would you like to make them this year.   

-------------
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: January-20-2016 at 10:51pm
cool...hoping to make it this year.

for us lazy guys Townsend would you post the motel info?

thanx

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: ScottZ
Date Posted: January-21-2016 at 1:25am
I am planning to make the trip this year!

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Posted By: NCH20SKIER
Date Posted: January-21-2016 at 9:09am
This seems a week or so earlier than usual - granted Easter is early this year (March 27). I have no objection to the date - just putting it out there

I will be there, most likely Kristin will as well

Originally posted by whitelakerider whitelakerider wrote:

It's coming quick! I'm ready! April 15-17. Thoughts, plans, ideas, etc..... READY, SET, GO!

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: January-21-2016 at 10:17am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

This seems a week or so earlier than usual - granted Easter is early this year (March 27). I have no objection to the date - just putting it out there

We moved the date a week earlier last year to accommodate some schedules, this years date is basically the same weekend as last year… typically its either warm or it isn’t and yes easter and the river run are pretty early this year… 6 of one half dozen of the other to this northerner

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: January-21-2016 at 5:16pm
Here is the hotel info: http://whitelakemotel.com/

-------------
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 12:14am
John,
All I can say is that if you are planning on making this trip you should come up a day or two early and spend some time on Badin Lake prior to heading over to White Lake. I am thinking that we could convince Larry to come over and perhaps even Gene and the Teen Idol would make an early appearance. This would make a good prep for Lake X

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

cool...hoping to make it this year.

for us lazy guys Townsend would you post the motel info?

thanx

john

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 1:12am
Cousin Townsend,

Count Natalie and I to be in attendance and I will send my paperwork to your attention very soon. Maybe the wife and Madeleine will be able attend also. The plan would be to arrive very early Friday AM or Thursday night. That's right ! !! Spend another $60 bucks on another night for a room. Living Large.

Cousin Donald

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.

Posted By: velde99
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 1:34am
I will be attending with my wife - are kids welcome or is that a no no? Creating the next generation of correct craft fans

Posted By: Smithfamily
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 7:46am
Smith family lite had a GREAT time in 2014, taking home the Bimini door prize! Missed last year regrettably but strongly considering this year!? Boat-less? Not sure what kids can come? It sure was fun in 2014!!

-------------
Js

Posted By: scuff97
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 1:13pm
I will be there with Vickie. May bring another couple. Not sure which boat yet. Could be the 2006 211 or the Mustang

-------------
2006 211
2002 Ski Nautique
1972 Mustang
2014 Nautique 200

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by velde99 velde99 wrote:

I will be attending with my wife - are kids welcome or is that a no no? Creating the next generation of correct craft fans

Kids are welcome. Very family oriented. Cocktails may start to flow later at night, but the kiddies are probably in bed by then.

-------------

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Can you make the shirt color yellow !!   .   

Does the Godfather have a secret?

Do you have a Yellow 2017 Proto-type G-69 that you will be dragging to White Lake? Maybe a 2018 Proto-Type Ghost Pepper Edition Ski 2001?

Do tell.

Donald

-------------
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 5:57pm

I brought both of my girls for years when they were very young. It was just to try to give them some balance by seeing some responsible people and not their crazy father all the time. The plan has worked very well so far.   

These guys have taught both girls all of the watersports they know. Madeleine learned to Wakeboard and ski better and Natalie learned to Foot, Trick Ski and Wakeboard and a little Air Chair from these guys. Better than summer camp or a good reform school.

-------------

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Can you make the shirt color yellow !!   .   

Does the Godfather have a secret?

Do you have a Yellow 2017 Proto-type G-69 that you will be dragging to White Lake? Maybe a 2018 Proto-Type Ghost Pepper Edition Ski 2001?

Do tell.

Donald

I was wondering the same thing. My guess is that we're going to have to show up to find out.

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I brought both of my girls for years when they were very young. It was just to try to give them some balance by seeing some responsible people and not their crazy father all the time. The plan has worked very well so far.   

These guys have taught both girls all of the watersports they know. Madeleine learned to Wakeboard and ski better and Natalie learned to Foot, Trick Ski and Wakeboard and a little Air Chair from these guys. Better than summer camp or a good reform school.

Same for me as well. Bring your kids. They will have a blast.

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 8:59pm

-------------
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....

Posted By: samudj01
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 9:00pm
I am hoping to make the weekend work. I booked a room today so I have that to push me. Not sure whether a boat will follow me, 50/50, but can definitely bring it if needed. Look forward to seeing everyone I have met thus far and those that I have not.

-------------
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 9:04pm
A lot of boats will be their if needed, so don't let that stop you..

-------------

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 9:10pm
Townsend has some cool stuff planned this year. ..

-------------

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 9:13pm
Jbear you need to bring Eddie with you !!

-------------

Date Posted: January-23-2016 at 2:31pm

A lot of boats will be their if needed, so don't let that stop you..

Yes, Godfather's New Yellow 2017 ( Surf / Hover Board) G-69 Proto-type will have room for everyone of us with those twin 502 engines with supercharged turbo s.

-------------

Date Posted: January-23-2016 at 3:35pm

-------------

Date Posted: January-24-2016 at 6:21pm

-------------

Posted By: dwouncmd
Date Posted: February-03-2016 at 10:29am
I have gotten the green light. I will likely bring my boys and the Tique.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6535&sort=&pagenum=2" rel="nofollow - 89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7

Posted By: Air206
Date Posted: February-03-2016 at 1:33pm
Steve, Val, possibly 91 BFN (if I ever get the DUI in) and possibly the best Flat Coat ever!

-------------
https://tinyurl.com/y6t5e3bu" rel="nofollow - 04 Air206
http://tinyurl.com/9urzgls" rel="nofollow - 91 Barefoot
78 SkiTiq

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: February-03-2016 at 2:14pm
Steve, just bring the darn thing and we'll install it if necessary! Would really love to drive/ski that rig!

Date Posted: February-03-2016 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Steve, just bring the darn thing and we'll install it if necessary! Would really love to drive/ski that rig!

Now that's a DEAL! I'll bring it together or in pieces.... Friday or earlier if in pieces!

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: February-05-2016 at 9:35am
Reservations made yesterday.
Greg & Kristin, in Friday morning out on Sunday. Plan is to bring the 206

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: February-12-2016 at 10:03am
Don't forget to register! Email townsend@whitelake.com with your name, user name, shirt size for YOU, and how many you will have coming. This will ensure you have a shirt and goody bag along with door prize tickets and ramp passes.

-------------
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com

Date Posted: February-12-2016 at 11:10am

Don't forget to register! Email townsend@whitelake.com with your name, user name, shirt size for YOU, and how many you will have coming. This will ensure you have a shirt and goody bag along with door prize tickets and ramp passes.

Do we get a reply?

I emailed but no response.... you hoping we won't really get there or did my fat fingers email the wrong place?   

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Posted By: NautiqueJeff
Date Posted: February-17-2016 at 6:42pm
I'm planning to head over for this too! It'll likely be just me without the family, and I'll probably bring the '98 Ski Nautique instead of the G. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

-------------
Current Boats: 1998 Ski Nautique, 2000 Sport Nautique, 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (twin-engine), 1981 Fish Nautique (twin-engine), 1980 Fish Nautique (twin-engine)

Date Posted: February-19-2016 at 11:41pm
I hear that my brother has booked us a room..

JMurph: will you please bring that cool orange boat and loan it to us like you did a couple of years ago? I promise we will take good care of it.

timing does not allow any side trip this time Greg...hopefully we will make the Badin mini instead.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: JMurph
Date Posted: February-20-2016 at 11:37pm
JBear, I am certain the Promo will make it to White Lake. If it does, you are welcome to own it all weekend. If you don't make it to WL, then I'm sure we can arrange for the boat to make it to Badin.

Date Posted: February-21-2016 at 12:09am
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

JBear, I am certain the Promo will make it to White Lake. If it does, you are welcome to own it all weekend. If you don't make it to WL, then I'm sure we can arrange for the boat to make it to Badin.

Yipee

Bill & I are gonna be at White Lake...he reserved a room already..

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: AirTique98
Date Posted: February-21-2016 at 2:20am
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

Best part of my last trip to White Lake was cruisin' around in the orange promo...near and dear to my '71 promo that started this journey for me!!

-------------
Bill
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5549 - 98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique

Posted By: JDD33
Date Posted: February-21-2016 at 12:56pm
I would definetly like a shot at a cruise around White Lake at the wheel of a promo!

-------------
Old school goin back to school!

Date Posted: February-24-2016 at 12:04am
Paper work and fluid samples have been submitted to Townsend for this review so my application to the 2016 White Lake Mini is on his desk now. I hope to know something soon.

-------------

Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 1:57pm
A little rugged out at White Lake yesterday. I'm pretty sure it will be settled down by mid April

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 2:35pm
Larry,
Those ducks don't look very happy ether!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 2:46pm
I saw you posted Pete, and thought you were going to say something about Green Lake. I was going to but then decided not to be mean. But what I was going to say was that it looks like Green Lake on a good day.

-------------

Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 3:23pm

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 5:16pm
Larry, Wow, where did the pictures come from?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6535&sort=&pagenum=2" rel="nofollow - 89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7

Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 5:20pm
From White Lake Marine's website or their facebook page, don't recall which. Taken yesterday during all the gnarly weather that blew through. They posted a video too.

-------------

Date Posted: February-25-2016 at 9:06pm
No names but a site member has been busted...... http://s934.photobucket.com/user/inboardfan/media/CEA98D63-08B4-4D97-92E2-6BB527E1BE03_zpshaexcd5j.png.html" rel="nofollow"> [/IMG]

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: February-26-2016 at 12:25am
If It is like this in April I will be bringing my deep sea fishing boat to cruise in! LOL

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Date Posted: February-26-2016 at 8:53pm
Middle NC had 50 mph winds and Eastern NC where White Lake is had stronger winds. This has now passed.

-------------

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: February-27-2016 at 12:52am
Not that bad here, more like 40 mph and cloud bursts, rained maybe 3-4 inches in an hour.

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: JohnMinMB
Date Posted: February-29-2016 at 3:27pm
I'll make the long trip from Myrtle Beach for Saturday. Let's hope for great weather!!

Date Posted: March-07-2016 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by JohnMinMB JohnMinMB wrote:

I'll make the long trip from Myrtle Beach for Saturday. Let's hope for great weather!!

John,

Consider spending the night. We have a big cookout Saturday night and the White Lake Motel is only around $60.00 per night. It is very clean and they basically let us take over and we do.

Donald

-------------

Date Posted: March-10-2016 at 1:57pm
Dont forget to send me registration info.... Name, shirt size, site handle, number of guests, and guest shirt sizes if they will be buying a shirt.,

-------------
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com

Date Posted: March-10-2016 at 5:10pm
Townsend, you sending confirmation emails? If so, mine went into a black hole.

Date Posted: March-11-2016 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Do we get a reply?

I emailed but no response.... you hoping we won't really get there or did my fat fingers email the wrong place?   

Tim-
I don't think so....... I say we are both registered..................

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: March-11-2016 at 12:40am
I did not get a reply. I told him over the phone I was planning on attending.

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Date Posted: March-11-2016 at 1:41am
no confirmation here either...well with my skills on here no telling where my e-mail mighta gone. Hope I am in...

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: March-11-2016 at 11:57am
If anyone wants to stop by on Friday on the way for a day of pre-white lake warm up runs, let me know.

-------------

Date Posted: March-11-2016 at 3:37pm
Sorry for the no response!

-------------
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com

Date Posted: March-11-2016 at 3:40pm
Sorry guys, I have been getting them but have not been replying like I should... its been a grab and go with the registrations and the season getting underway.... here is who i have thus far. If your name isnt on the list i didnt get your message
Steve Karras
Greg Fossett
Quintin Nance
Donald Tilley
Tim Benjamin
John Murphy
Bill
John
Richard Hineline
John McLaughlin
Bruce Hart
Josh Linville
John Devroude
Larry Hineline
Jane Cole

-------------
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com

Date Posted: March-27-2016 at 10:29pm
For those who may not know, Bill, John are the famous Berry Brothers........

About 3 weeks out, time to get em ready if you haven't already

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: March-27-2016 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

For those who may not know, Bill, John are the famous Berry Brothers........

yikes....a reputation to live up to. But we'll be fine...I just been trying to be like my big brother.

surprised that I don't see any Monahans on this list. Scott skied with us around the Holidays & said he & his Dad were in.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: jackiewdeen
Date Posted: March-28-2016 at 8:14pm
OK. booked a room for Friday and Saturday night Looks like I am flying solo. Anyone needing a bed for one or both nights let me know. I think Townsend is going to arrange a steering cable installation clinic if anyone is willing to participate. I volunteered my boat. Looking forward to another large time.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5597" rel="nofollow - 75 Nautique

Date Posted: March-28-2016 at 9:20pm
I would volunteer my boat...my cable is extremely tight this year. It usually gets a little better with warmer weather. What time is the clinic? I at least want to watch.

-------------

Date Posted: March-29-2016 at 10:08pm
Jackie, what would you think about me with my boys on the floor? Just like old times...

-------------

Date Posted: March-29-2016 at 11:43pm
Ok, just emailed Townsend. I am in. As of now Sat morning through Sunday. Trying to convince Ridgely to leave the girls in High Point with the grandparents and join me...not holding my breath. Right now just me, so I will come boatless and plan to bum a ride for Saturday. I will have a cooler of fun and some gas money. Look forward to seeing everyone.   

-------------

Date Posted: April-02-2016 at 12:35pm
Sounds like a winner to me.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5597" rel="nofollow - 75 Nautique

Date Posted: April-03-2016 at 12:58pm
You did reply to my email, but I am not on the list...I am still planning to come.

Thanks,
Wayne

-------------

Date Posted: April-03-2016 at 1:02pm
Maybe we should have our own list that Townsend can check on?

Steve Karras
Greg Fossett
Quintin Nance
Donald Tilley
Tim Benjamin
John Murphy
Bill
John
Richard Hineline
John McLaughlin
Bruce Hart & Tom Hart, (Riley & 62Classic) Arriving Friday leaving Sunday
Josh Linville
John Devroude
Larry Hineline
Jane Cole

Posted By: northstar
Date Posted: April-03-2016 at 11:00pm
I have e mailed this Townsend.
Mike and Father in law Bob
And 78 Fish
First Timer    
Any Thing I Might Need to Know Let Me Know.
Looking Forward to Meeting Everyone

Date Posted: April-03-2016 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Steve Karras
Greg Fossett
Quintin Nance
Donald Tilley
Tim Benjamin
John Murphy
Bill
John
Richard Hineline
John McLaughlin
Josh Linville
John Devroude
Larry Hineline
Jane Cole
Scott Zuelzke

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Date Posted: April-05-2016 at 3:58pm
My water temp this weekend was 65. Getting there. 70 is a nice goal for WL, but not sure we are going to make it, as this week's forecast is pretty cool, mostly mid 60s. A few smatterings of low to mid 70s during the next 2 weeks. I'll take it, My daughter in Ithaca NY was reading 1* this morning.

-------------

Posted By: northcoastidol
Date Posted: April-06-2016 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Steve Karras
Greg Fossett
Quintin Nance
Donald Tilley
Tim Benjamin
John Murphy
Bill
John
Richard Hineline
John McLaughlin
Josh Linville
John Devroude
Larry Hineline
Jane Cole
Gene n Scott Monahan, possible nephew Dave, 89 BFN Fri AM

-------------
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!

Date Posted: April-06-2016 at 11:01pm
nice to see my boat mate and son are representing my new home destination: OHiIO? I mean isn'tg logical for a southerner to retire to the north? By the way. Townsend has not added me to the list.

-------------

Date Posted: April-06-2016 at 11:07pm
Glad to see the Monahans made the list...I don't have to worry about my brother driving all that way by himself!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: IAughtNaut
Date Posted: April-07-2016 at 12:37am
Originally posted by northcoastidol northcoastidol wrote:

89 BFN

do what now?

-------------
bring the ruckus
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5347" rel="nofollow - 2000 Pro Air

Date Posted: April-07-2016 at 11:13am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

do what now?

Originally posted by northcoastidol northcoastidol wrote:

I would like to inform everyone that [ can get back on Team Red with my new BFN. That beautiful Red Barefoot Nautique has a new owner now, Drove up to Michigan Sat, made a deal with Wes and drove that beauty back to Northern Ohio to be come a new member of team Monahan! Thanks again Wes for letting me take Her off your hands.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37010&KW=bfn&PN=2&title=can-i-get-back-on-team-red-with-my-new-bfn" rel="nofollow - http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37010&KW=bfn&PN=2&title=can-i-get-back-on-team-red-with-my-new-bfn

-------------

Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 1:14am
thats amazin Larry...how you can quote from 2 different threads. I can't quote 2 things from the same thread........sigh.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: IAughtNaut
Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 2:09am
Thanks Larry, I don't know how I missed that the first time.

Scott, glad you get a fitting way to break it in on the White Lake Ocean, haha

-------------
bring the ruckus
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5347" rel="nofollow - 2000 Pro Air

Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 11:13am
Hey Guys, looking forward to next weekend! Getting everything ready here. Unfortunately there will not be a steering cable ''clinic'' during the event Saturday as I just honestly will not have time to do that. What I was saying to Jackie is that I'm sure if he brought his boat down we would make sure a new cable got in between all of us I'm sure we can step up and make this happen in no time.....

-------------
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com

Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 12:47pm
I understand Townsend's position. Moral of the story: HELP. Even though this was the only reason I was pulling the boat, I am coming and still probably still pull . Can't wait to see the newest member of team red and to know that by June I will live within shouting distance of it.

-------------

Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 1:35pm

Hey Guys, looking forward to next weekend! Getting everything ready here. Unfortunately there will not be a steering cable ''clinic'' during the event Saturday as I just honestly will not have time to do that. What I was saying to Jackie is that I'm sure if he brought his boat down we would make sure a new cable got in between all of us I'm sure we can step up and make this happen in no time.....

There's a "Pro-Tec to DUI Conversion Gone Bad" Workshop scheduled for the Motel Parking lot..... BYOB. Team Red has a Barefoot down!

http://i.imgur.com/E10ZNyf.jpg%20" rel="nofollow">
http://i.imgur.com/E10ZNyf.jpg%20" rel="nofollow">

There's always something to tinker on.

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

BYOB

This was not my understanding! Haha

Jackie, do you have a cable already? Go2marine sells them for $100 (sorry Townsend). Recruit someone to do the heavy yanking and we can supervise... I should have the basic hand tools, you may want to bring a 20' rope and some duct tape.

Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 2:18pm
Okie Dokie -

Beer provided AFTER the boat runs........... Ha!

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 2:37pm
I have the ability to bring some tools as well.

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 6:38pm
Thanks guys. I think you said 20 foot rope(what size), and Duct tape? should I go ahead and pull seats, gas tank, or anything else. All I have is the desire with an extreme lack of knowledge. extreme

-------------

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 7:03pm
no need to pull the tank!

Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 7:09pm
Rear panel will need to come out (so probably motorbox and rear seat too) but no need to do that until we start. Definitely don't pull the tank! If the steering cable is zip tied to the wiring harness or anything else, it's a good idea to clip those ahead of time if you can. Cheap poly rope is fine, clothes line rope. Should be a 30-45min job. Assuming the conduit was replaced similar to the factory job when the stringers were done.

Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 9:54pm
I will bring some mule tape we use for pulling primary wire thru conduits, zip ties, electric tape, timing gun , dwell meter and Advil!
All the boats will be running like tops before we leave!
By this time next week I hope to have layed down a barefoot run of some sort and be drinking beer with you guys!

-------------

Date Posted: April-08-2016 at 10:02pm
Jackie, do you need a cable ?

-------------

Date Posted: April-09-2016 at 12:24am
Originally posted by JDD33 JDD33 wrote:

I will bring some mule tape we use for pulling primary wire thru conduits, zip ties, electric tape, timing gun , dwell meter and Advil!
By this time next week I hope to have layed down a barefoot run of some sort and be drinking beer with you guys!

dang....almost wish I was bringing my boat...

but Eddie keeps it running pretty sweet.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: April-09-2016 at 12:51am
Any of y'all want to participate in a how to clinic on changing out a leaking front seal on a velvet drive trans in a 84 Ski Nautique?

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Date Posted: April-09-2016 at 1:08am
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Thanks guys. I think you said 20 foot rope(what size), and Duct tape?

Oh Jackie, Do not act surprised. This is not the first time someone has asked you to bring 20' of rope and duct tape to a $60.00 a night motel for the weekend. You can't fool me.

Donald

-------------

Date Posted: April-09-2016 at 6:48am
Originally posted by ScottZ ScottZ wrote:

Any of y'all want to participate in a how to clinic on changing out a leaking front seal on a velvet drive trans in a 84 Ski Nautique?

Times like this it sure would be great if Eric was still with us. He could review the need to check the pump clearances to see if they are in spec to rule out a bad pump causing a high oil pressure at the front seal and the leak.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: April-09-2016 at 10:09am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

dang....almost wish I was bringing my boat...

but Eddie keeps it running pretty sweet.

john

Looking forward checking out your boat next time I'm down that way!

-------------

Date Posted: April-09-2016 at 10:36am

I will bring some zip ties,

Check with Gary. I have a feeling he still has a supply of them. unless they are all still up north in Illinois?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: April-09-2016 at 10:10pm
Hey Godfather, Glad to see you are coming to White Lake even though Kermit is not. Hope to see stuff on a stick and that lovely sidekick you that hangs around with you. Check your Private Messages. See you next week.

-------------

Date Posted: April-10-2016 at 1:36am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I will bring some zip ties,

Check with Gary. I have a feeling he still has a supply of them. unless they are all still up north in Illinois?

I ain't run out yet either...

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Print Page | Close Window