Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38002
Printed Date: April-27-2024 at 12:40pm

Topic: Correct craft Separator
Posted By: revkev6
Subject: Correct craft Separator
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 11:45am
hey all first post! Does anyone have any good history on the Correct Craft "Separator" model?? When I was a kid in the early 90's my father and uncles picked up a rough 1971 Correct Craft. We had gotten into skiing and they had dreams of this being a cheap way to make a tow boat. it was rough, but they swapped out the cracked Holman moody 351 block with a 302 and swapped all the parts over to it. interior was completely reupholstered and the horrible dark green was replaced with white hull and bright yellow deck. it still had the twin "bat boat" windshields. it turned out to not be a great ski boat, so the work was for naught in their eyes. during the rebuild they never pulled the floor and checked underneath. she would swamp the stern when you came off plane so my guess was she was waterlogged pretty bad.

I've always loved the boat and have heard it's still around tucked away in a barn. all the photos of it are in an album somewhere at my parents or uncles house. It came out very nice looking as my uncle is a bodyman who restores vintage cars. it was the first boat my brother and I got to take out on the lake alone when we got our coast guard licenses.

Replies:
Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 11:57am
Hi and welcome. What do you mean by history? Era of production? I used to know this pretty well, but its fuzzy in my head now. YOu can review all of the historic brochures in the reference section to get up to speed. Separator came out in late 60s, 68 maybe and went through mid 70s. Mostly v-drives, but also came in an I/O version.   It had a twin, the torino, that was the same boat but with a conventional flat windshield. After a while, just the Separator name continued, and for a year or so had the option of bat boat or flat windshields, then at the end of its run, just the flat windshield. They are very cool boats in my mind, some folks like them, some not so much. There are a hand full on this site, most of them owned by member connorssons (Jeff Connors) I believe he has 5. He is just wrapping up restoration of a 71 or 2 I believe, I/O version, but really warmed it up. It is an upper 70s MPH boat, I believe. He did a beautiful restoration. He picked up a complete boat in good shape from florida, a beautiful blue one that was a good runner but I believe needed a little bit of work, and a couple other projects. As you noted, the downside is, they are not great ski boats. Too much weight in the rear, poor hole shot. Some have tried to combat that with trim tabs, but I don't know with how much success. Go to the diaries section and search torino and separator and you will see what there is around here, tho I dont think Jeff has too many, if any diary entries. Use the forum search feature to find threads about them as well. Yes, try to dig out your pictures and post them. Again, welcome.

Edit: found the thread on Jeff's rebuild. Unfortunately his early photos are missing, but still a good read, with photos of the rebuild showing up.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20140&KW=separator&PN=1&title=75-separator-rebuild" rel="nofollow - http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20140&KW=separator&PN=1&title=75-separator-rebuild

Edit II: http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24281&KW=separator&title=1970-separator" rel="nofollow - Here is the blue one he picked up

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 12:06pm
Kevin,
Welcome to CCfan.

Larry,
I don't know why you said your memory is "fuzzy"? You did a fantastic job and make a great CC historian.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: JPASS
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 12:16pm
Sucks that the HM was replaced with a 302. http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30954&title=1970-correct-craft-separator" rel="nofollow - Here a thread about the Separator.

Then there was this beast that showed up in a recent thread as well:

-------------
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Hi and welcome. What do you mean by history? Era of production? I used to know this pretty well, but its fuzzy in my head now. YOu can review all of the historic brochures in the reference section to get up to speed. Separator came out in late 60s, 68 maybe and went through mid 70s. Mostly v-drives, but also came in an I/O version.   It had a twin, the torino, that was the same boat but with a conventional flat windshield. After a while, just the Separator name continued, and for a year or so had the option of bat boat or flat windshields, then at the end of its run, just the flat windshield. They are very cool boats in my mind, some folks like them, some not so much. There are a hand full on this site, most of them owned by member connorssons (Jeff Connors) I believe he has 5. He is just wrapping up restoration of a 71 or 2 I believe, I/O version, but really warmed it up. It is an upper 70s MPH boat, I believe. He did a beautiful restoration. He picked up a complete boat in good shape from florida, a beautiful blue one that was a good runner but I believe needed a little bit of work, and a couple other projects. As you noted, the downside is, they are not great ski boats. Too much weight in the rear, poor hole shot. Some have tried to combat that with trim tabs, but I don't know with how much success. Go to the diaries section and search torino and separator and you will see what there is around here, tho I dont think Jeff has too many, if any diary entries. Use the forum search feature to find threads about them as well. Yes, try to dig out your pictures and post them. Again, welcome.

Edit: found the thread on Jeff's rebuild. Unfortunately his early photos are missing, but still a good read, with photos of the rebuild showing up.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20140&KW=separator&PN=1&title=75-separator-rebuild" rel="nofollow - http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20140&KW=separator&PN=1&title=75-separator-rebuild

Edit II: http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24281&KW=separator&title=1970-separator" rel="nofollow - Here is the blue one he picked up

thanks very much for that history! and yes, I was looking for model history, variants, numbers of hulls built, years etc. We had no idea what it was besides CC until I did a search for CC brochures about 5 years ago when I got curious. I did do a search on the forum before I posted but didn't find much. I will look through the link you posted. I happened to be in the "love them" group if only for the windshield. We did want to keep a 351 in it but couldn't find one for reasonable money at the time. this was a "cheap" project for them. they got lucky that a friend had bought a used boat for parts that had a runner 302 in it. they swapped pretty much everything out of the 351 into the 302 because the 351 was RR.

I recently picked up a vintage formula Jr. to restore. very similar boat to a donzi ski sporter/sweet 16 and its got me thinking about the last boat project!

when I get a chance I will see what I can do about those pictures. thanks again for the information

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 12:49pm
We would also luv pics of the Formula Jr. !!!

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 1:00pm
Unfortunately, in our Reference/Brochures section, the Separator doesn't show up until 72. But here is a cut from the 68 (maybe 69? since we don't have that in our collection) brochure, that isn't included in the one we have that shows the Separator and one of its variations, the Spoiler. Not sure what made the Spoiler different, I am thinking engine, but again, not sure.

When I was digging out those brochure pics, I found a few others.

This was a restoration of a torino a guy on here did several years ago. He sold it to another member who put up a few posts then disappeared.

This one was found in the Maine woods by member "Riley" I considered picking it up myself and went up to check it out. I passed and told Jeff Connors about it. He drove over from MI to pick it up. It ran, which I wasn't sure of, but Jeff was willing to take the risk. He's much more qualified than I to fix/restore.

-------------

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

We would also luv pics of the Formula Jr. !!!

The Formula is a 64 or 65. It's stripped bare and extremely rough but I got it for practically nothing. it had a takeout 454 sitting in the cockpit when I bought it and came with a usable trailer and all the paperwork. (big deal here in massachusetts) by the time I sold the tired 454 I had $150 into the boat. orginally came with a mercruiser IO in it so that will make repowering it with an alpha gen 2 pretty easy. most of the holes line up and the cutout needs to be made a bit larger. it was grungy from oil leaking out of the 454, and sitting in a backyard pile of old boats. all the wood and coring is gone so it will be LOTS of work.

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/revkev6/media/formula%20jr/20150711_121341.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/revkev6/media/formula%20jr/IMG_20150714_195200nopm.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/revkev6/media/formula%20jr/20150715_185934_1.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by revkev6 revkev6 wrote:

I did do a search on the forum before I posted but didn't find much.

The built in search function sucks and spelling Separator wrong doesn't help...

Posted By: Chevy350
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Sucks that the HM was replaced with a 302. http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30954&title=1970-correct-craft-separator" rel="nofollow - Here a thread about the Separator.

Then there was this beast that showed up in a recent thread as well:

I love the sound of that boat more and more every time I watch that video.

-------------
1972 Mustang

Posted By: skutsch
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 2:24pm
I like that formula - cool boat! Seems to be about the same size as the Seperator, similar Hull design too, will really come on it's a Deep Vee, I guess that is no big deal. The Deck design at the stern reminds me a lot of the Donzi.

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Posted By: peter1234
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 3:01pm
I thought there was a connection between the two companies?   where are you in ma ? im on the north shore

-------------
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 3:34pm
"connection"     Yep,     Don Aronow.    Formula, Donzi, Magnum and I think some involvement with Cigarette 1.

There's a Jr. in a salvage yard not too far from me.   It's totally stripped and very rough.

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

I thought there was a connection between the two companies?   where are you in ma ? im on the north shore

yes, as stated above, Don A.... he owned Formula and marked the formula 233 and the formula Jr before he sold the company. he then immediately started Donzi across the street and started pumping out the 16' ski sport which is very similar, the barrel back (back looks like the jr) 18 and up... lots of cool boats and go fast companies that Don was involved in. both the formula and the ski sport were designed after "wynn mill" racing boats.

and on the spelling mistake

Posted By: connorssons
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 5:30pm
that's exactly what I did, swapped the old mercruiser 888 outdrive with a alpha gen 2. so far so good! good luke on your build.

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 7:36pm

and on the spelling mistake

I corrected the spelling in your thread title and opening post so this thread is a relevant future search result.

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

that's exactly what I did, swapped the old mercruiser 888 outdrive with a alpha gen 2. so far so good! good luke on your build.

I haven't checked the X dimension yet.. was it correct for the alpha??

Date Posted: January-22-2016 at 10:44pm
why wouldnt you just buy a donor boat with a bravo bb chev

-------------

Date Posted: January-23-2016 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

why wouldnt you just buy a donor boat with a bravo bb chev

it wouldn't fit! tiny engine compartment in these boats. probably sink it too. I'm trying to find a good deal on an alpha 2 boat with a cracked 350. strip it and find someone to take the rest away or scrap it. this boat will do around 60 with that combo. heard they get a little antsy above that speed anyway unless you start throwing tabs and such at them. I'll see how it goes. Living in western mass with an inland waterway speed limit takes the fun out of it. I have to trailer a ways to make use of a go fast boat.

Date Posted: January-24-2016 at 9:42am
too bad this wasnt a yr ago i repowered my formula and disposed of a perfectly good 350 and alpha 1 from my formula

-------------

Date Posted: January-25-2016 at 2:27pm
the holes are not perfect some small mods are required, but very easy switch, but do go with the gen 2 if not the bravo. if you cant locate a donor call a place in quincy mi called hildabrands marine, talk to Daniel and tell him jeff Connors sent ya 517 238 2828

Posted By: Keith
Date Posted: January-25-2016 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I did do a search on the forum before I posted but didn't find much.

The built in search function sucks and spelling Separator wrong doesn't help...

For better searches you can use the google site specific search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=separator+site:correctcraftfan.com" rel="nofollow - separator site:correctcraftfan.com

-Keith

-------------
Former:
/diaries/details.asp?ID=6170" rel="nofollow - 97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: separator71
Date Posted: April-30-2017 at 10:44pm
Hi everyone. I just bought what I believe to be the only jet drive separator ever built. I am going to restore/customize it and possibly sell it. I don't have the batman windshields but I can easily make them if need be. I doubt everything is original. The jet pump is in great condition and is modern and it's got a 350 chevy. I design and build boats and tooling for a living and have the skills and equipment to do a really nice job on the refurb. I am wondering if anyone could tell me what the possible worth is of the boat and the best way to proceed. I have a cnc router in the shop and could do some custom dash/floor work (logos etc.) Is it worth it to put that kind of work into the boat and are there collectors out there that would be interested?...... I have paperwork from cc engineering declaring the boat is "too fast" and "too loose" for production so naturally I will name it "Too fast- Too loose" Ha Ha. Anyway, hopefully I'll meet some new friends because of this. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

cm

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: April-30-2017 at 10:53pm
How about some pictures?

Most of us appreciate restoring classic boats like yours back to OEM condition.

Member Art Cozier was a CC employee & possibly can shed some light into your boat's original look.

Is the boat currently running? How fast is too fast?

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Date Posted: April-30-2017 at 11:11pm
Like any v-hull, these CC with drives that can be trimmed so the hull runs way out of the water get REALLY squirelly and chine walk like a M-er F-er. So if that jet drive will create bow lift and drive that thing over 60mph, I bet it gets "too loose!"

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: April-30-2017 at 11:17pm
Thanks. Yes the boat runs but needs a few fixes (bad cables & other easy stuff) before I plan to use it on a regular basis. I'm into outboard tunnel hulls so for this boat to be too fast for me you'd have to drop it out of an airplane....and that might not do it either : ). Anyway, I was once an competitive 3 event skier and when I saw this thing I had to pick it up. I have started taking all the deck hardware off so I will post pics later but there are plenty pics of it on the internet....it had a dolphin sticker on the side and a "feelings" sticker on the back....I took both off before I let it in my shop. I'm probably going to mold the engine hatch/air intakes too if anyone needs. It's a cool looking old boat and seems like its really solid. It's got a jetavator also so there will be some 200 foot roostertails on the river this summer.

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: April-30-2017 at 11:31pm
Jeff Conners, (AKA Connerssons) I would say is the site expert on these boats. He has several, but I believe most of his are inboards. Jeff posted earlier ( Jan 25) on this thread. You may want to send him a Private Message and ask him to give you a call. Many of this site will recommend that you keep it original if at all possible.

Welcome to the site and good luck with your project. We love pictures. There is a nice handful of guys on this site with a ton of experience pushing these 16 and 17 foot hulls past their limits. They can also provide you a lot of advice and prayers.

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.

Date Posted: April-30-2017 at 11:36pm
I seem to recall that jet separator on craigslist or somewhere a couple years ago, and as soon as I sa)w your post (without checking your location) was thinking florida, so maybe I am not imagining it. None of these boats, no matter how unique dont seem to earn a premium price. So I would say if you have a separator, even the one and only jet and you get it all fixed up, you probably still have a $7- $8,000ish boat.

-------------

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: April-30-2017 at 11:40pm
If the stars line up Larry. You are correct it was somewhere in Florida and had been posted on here before. Can't find it though would have liked to see how long it took to sell

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: April-30-2017 at 11:59pm
It was in Englewood near sarasota. I didn't buy it from the guy who was selling it. The guy traded it for some a/c work and it ended up in my brothers shop for some fixin up and to sell it. I did some horse trading to pick it up.

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 12:11am
I seem to remember when it showed up on here the guy that had it was pretty proud of it and his asking price reflected it.I also think is sat in a shed like a pole barn with no sides wish I could find that thread. I do believe the PO had an extra set of windshields-

Here it is it was in the for sale section-

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forsale/details.asp?ID=7250" rel="nofollow - link

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 12:18am
Just google correct craft separator and there's about a dozen pics of it. Yeah I think he was asking around 12k for it. In effect, I got it for an outboard motor that I paid $500.00 bucks for, fixed up and sold for 4k. I paid 4500.00 so I guess a grand ain't bad for a boat worth 8.

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 12:19am
Originally posted by separator71 separator71 wrote:

I'm into outboard tunnel hulls so for this boat to be too fast for me you'd have to drop it out of an airplane....and that might not do it either : )...   It's got a jetavator also so there will be some 200 foot roostertails on the river this summer.

I have some "outboard tunnel hull well over 100mph" time and that's a walk in the park compared to these V-hulls. Let's just say the pucker factor gets big well before 100mph! So they are fun and part of that fun is the level of difficulty.

Those roostertails will be a hoot, specially if you can manage to get in front of some of your OB buddies!

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 12:27am
Yeah it seems like the c.g. is too far back for a hull of this type but I've got alot of seat time in fast v-hulls too so I'm sure I can handle it. Alway's wanted a squirter but they are usually flat hull boats.....this looks like it'll handle some rough water without shaking all my teeth out.

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 12:48am

...this looks like it'll handle some rough water without shaking all my teeth out.

You are right on point with the rough water, they go through the rough stuff like a hot knife through butta!

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 1:19am
Well, I'll start running it and fixing it up more as I go. I'll get some pics up sometime soon. I'll probably get serious about selling it next fall.....who knows I may never sell it but I'm designing a new tunnel and I'm gonna need an expensive outboard about this time next year. But you can never have too many speed boats.......right??

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 2:49pm

I'm designing a new tunnel

I'm interested in your design process. Do you use special software?

Posted By: woodyelc
Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 4:36pm
One of the first boat's that I worked on was a 68 Torino in yellow Total rebuild and it was very fast. No idea were this boat went.

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 4:38pm
I had just started working at SouthEast Correct Craft.

Date Posted: May-02-2017 at 1:01am
@ Phil Hildebrandt Jr's - Malibu Beach Yacht Basin in the late '70's, early '80's we had (customer boat) a Torino in Inca Gold w/ Jet Drive.   I don't recall the year of the boat. The pump was either a Berkley or a Jacuzzi.   

Date Posted: May-02-2017 at 7:17am
Chris,
Are you sure you have a Separator and not a Torino? Although Separator's did come with both the standard windshields and bubbles, you mentioned you don't have the bubbles and Al mentions the Torino with the jet. Both hulls were the same. We'd sure love some pictures. Have you found any number plates on the hull that also would indicate the model.

Date Posted: May-02-2017 at 10:31am
I was doing some digging and found this ad for the boat. Letter is interesting.

https://boats-from-usa.com/correct-craft/correct-craft-separator-173-39834 - https://boats-from-usa.com/correct-craft/correct-craft-separator-173-39834

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 12:46pm
Here are some pics. I have started taking things apart.

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 1:13pm
I tried buying that boat im interested in seeing how fast and how it drives.

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

I'm designing a new tunnel

I'm interested in your design process. Do you use special software?

Yes I use Jim Russell's tunnel boat software for preliminary design. I have other software that I helped developed in school for analysing wings flying close to the ground. Other than that and some spreadsheets I also developed...... It's pretty much the same process as designing an airplane except the ground effect changes the aerodynamic forces and you have to take into account the sponsons touching the water of course. We did some wind tunnel testing on the model in the pics. Knowing what has worked/failed in the past and spending time in the seat is pretty important....they don't stabilize themselves like airplane and there is some voodoo involved...not an exact science for sure. There is new software called cfd that can model what is going on but it is very time consuming and expensive. I have a big cnc machine so it's cheaper for me to build protos and test at this point.

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 1:57pm

...... It's pretty much the same process as designing an airplane except the ground effect changes the aerodynamic forces and you have to take into account the sponsons touching the water of course. We did some wind tunnel testing on the model in the pics. . . I have a big cnc machine so it's cheaper for me to build protos and test at this point.

So what is the design goal?

I have gotten pulled into the drag boat culture (See http://www.crossthelineracing.com/" rel="nofollow - Cross The Line Racing ) We are always looking for ways to be lighter and faster. It would be interesting to see what you are developing, how fast your running, etc. COOL STUFF!!!

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 2:05pm
Chris,
Is that a bilge pump thru hull on the port side near the stem or a fuel tank vent? If so, it's an odd place for it.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

...... It's pretty much the same process as designing an airplane except the ground effect changes the aerodynamic forces and you have to take into account the sponsons touching the water of course. We did some wind tunnel testing on the model in the pics. . . I have a big cnc machine so it's cheaper for me to build protos and test at this point.

So what is the design goal?

I have gotten pulled into the drag boat culture (See http://www.crossthelineracing.com/" rel="nofollow - Cross The Line Racing ) We are always looking for ways to be lighter and faster. It would be interesting to see what you are developing, how fast your running, etc. COOL STUFF!!!

Yeah I see that Allison. I have a 14r now and we grew up with those. We did mostly lake racing which is more well suited to mod-vp/tunnel hulls. The new allisons are awesome in a straight line but you can't keep up with a tunnel with rough water, roostertails and the like. The key will be to match the step design with the aero-lift so that you can run flat without loosing speed. I'm looking at 120mph with a 400r and the boat will be drivable.....even the stv's are not great at turning...you have to hook em and stab it and that makes most people crap their pants. So, a great looking boat that looks like a ferrari in the cockpit and handles and runs like a dream without having to be a f16 pilot or spend 2million bucks on mercury racing v8's and #6 drives.

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Chris,
Is that a bilge pump thru hull on the port side near the stem or a fuel tank vent? If so, it's an odd place for it.

Theres a bilge pump and bilge blower. I'm gonna change some of the rigging....like you say there are some oddities.

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

I tried buying that boat im interested in seeing how fast and how it drives.
I'll let you know. I'm going to put a droop snoot on it and a ride plate along with whatever mods I can do to the motor without taking it out. If I can get her up on the inner spray rails she might do 70 or so we'll see. I'm not up jets but will be soon.

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 4:36pm
Where in Orlando are u. Would like to see the old correct craft call me and leave message   407-679-7400

-------------
woodyelc

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 4:41pm
Boy, I'm starting to feel like I'm on Screamandfly.com but that's a good thing

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 4:42pm
I'm in palmetto just north of bradenton. Not orlando....2hrs.

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Boy, I'm starting to feel like I'm on Screamandfly.com but that's a good thing
That's hillarious. I have both sites up on my laptop right now. Just sold my old 1500xs yesterday on s&f.

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 5:57pm

If I can get her up on the inner spray rails she might do 70 or so

"Spray rail"?? Do you mean "lifting strake"??

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 6:08pm
Yeah. I interchange those sometimes. It's the part that makes the water go down... Sometimes I call the jet boat a jet ski mistakenly too.

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 8:13pm
Thank you for answering the design question.

I would like to follow your project long term.

Do you post on another website (my 1st guess) if so, please post the link.

-------------

Ben Franklin

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 10:12pm
You want to follow the tunnel boat or the separator? Sounds like the tunnel boat but just making sure...

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 11:55pm
Yes, tunnel boat. Separator, I think, will be covered here.

-------------

Ben Franklin

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:53am

Yes, tunnel boat. .

Chris,
What's up? Turning the jetjon into a tunnel?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:56am
I have a website that someone started for me and hasn't finished yet so the format is a little funky but I have learned that a website is basically useless in my business. mcomposites.us My # and email are on there.....I think. I have a design I am working on sitting on the front burner or nearby and I'm teaming up with a boatbuilder to produce it soon hopefully....It is a new type of hull based on my knowledge but it's not a full on speed boat like the tunnel....more functional for the average boat user....that is all I will say about that right now. The tunnel is a pet project I have wanted to do for a long time and it will be coming up after the other. It is hard to say when that will happen...I am self funded so I eat alot of pasta and beenie weenies and work on a fluid schedule. Things are looking up though...my main business is building plugs and specialized composite stuff...I'm working on a 2nd concept car body now for a group of retired Ford engineers and Im helping a couple large builders with some major projects coming up. I'm also planning on building a 2nd cnc this year so the plate is full. Feel free to contact me about any of these projects but I learned a long time ago to keep things quiet until you can produce it for a buyer. People with money want to keep up with the jones's right now...not when I can pull it off.....facts of life.

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 1:06am

Yes, tunnel boat. .

Chris,
What's up? Turning the jetjon into a tunnel?
Yeah we worked late tonight and finished it up....what do you think??

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 10:19am
Looks like a rocket!

Pete, I just like to learn about design processes.

-------------

Ben Franklin

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 10:32am
who's pete?

read this: http://www.newavesys.com/spiral.htm

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 10:56am

who's pete?

Me

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:06pm
Oh hey Pete. I don't see swim platforms on these in the pics online. This one had one but it was crap so I ripped it off. Definitely building another one for it though. It's gonna be fiberglass too. I'm not sure how "oem" I'm going to be with this project....getting lots of ideas.

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:19pm

who's pete?

Me

Here's a picture of Pete screaming along at about 50 or so....................feet per second I think it was at a Lake of the Ozarks radar run. First in class

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:35pm
Sweet paint job! I had no idea you guys did radar runs with these boats. I bet mine would make a good showing after I get it tuned in.

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 1:23pm

I had no idea you guys did radar runs with these boats. I bet mine would make a good showing after I get it tuned in.

I guess sort of Radar runs... Really more of a Top Speed Competition. Rules are pretty loose, but the speed has to be recorded on a GPS device (not a phone) and the run has to be at CorrectCraftFan.com gathering (there is usually 3 or 4 a year scattered around the country).

A few of the inboard guys, have run into the 60's the two that are typically the fastest are JoeInNY (highly modified Ski Nautique) and TRBenj (Highly modified Barefoot Nautique).

Connorssons has restored a beautiful Serparator with a LOT of upgrades; he has reported runs into the 70's. And then I have the Bass Nautique, that I ran 71mph (official GPS at an event), but that was with a tired motor. I have sense completely rebuilt the Bridgeport - and ran it a couple of times at the Blarney Island Thursday Night Drag races and was reaching 70 mph in 800 feet. Have not had it out for a top speed run, BTW, the 70mph in 800 feet was with a 22P wheel, lot's of RPM left too. A bigger wheel and a lot of lake, probably only limiting factor will be my driving skills - I will probably chicken out before I get to the REAL top speed.

It will be fun to see what that Jetdrive Separator will do!

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 1:48pm

A few of the inboard guys, have run into the 60's the two that are typically the fastest are JoeInNY (highly modified Ski Nautique) and TRBenj (Highly modified Barefoot Nautique).

And then there's me with the Atom, A blazing speed of 36!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Duane in Indy
Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 2:08pm

And then there's me with the Atom, A blazing speed of 36!

Yea, but your boat makes up for it in looks

-------------
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 3:47pm
Does Connorson's speed even count, lol, nobody I am aware of from the site has ever seen it live let alone running at any speed :)

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 4:42pm

I guess sort of Radar runs... Really more of a Top Speed Competition. Rules are pretty loose, but the speed has to be recorded on a GPS device (not a phone) and the run has to be at CorrectCraftFan.com gathering (there is usually 3 or 4 a year scattered around the country).!

Don't mean to scare you Separator 71 but if you were to go to one of these gatherings you might see a CC pulling into the dock with 3 or 4 big guys in the back seat, arms around each other, big smiles on their faces and one might be saying something like "that sure is fun in the rear". another might be saying "it's never run like that before". Another might just be quietly smiling.

It's most likely not what you think

They're just getting lots of weight in the back to lighten up the front and go a little bit faster.

That's their story and they're stickin' to it.

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 5:05pm
They won't bother me...I already removed the dolphin and "feelings" stickers and the pink air intakes too. Ha!!

Date Posted: May-06-2017 at 12:43pm
The floor is toast and only one original seat. We're making a mold for the seat so if anybody needs one let me know.

Date Posted: May-06-2017 at 1:06pm
Well it looks to be in good hands now. Back in '14 when the ad was up here it said it had not been in the water since the rebuild and in excellent condition for almost 15k

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: May-06-2017 at 2:59pm
Did he say anything about the stringers? Hoping I don't have to dig that deep. The trailer is a serious p.o.s. and the hull is still straight so it seems like its very solid. I'll know soon enough but I'd like to know about the stringers if possible.

Date Posted: May-06-2017 at 3:36pm
Here the whole ad- no mention of stringers

Owner: Joe Scire
Forum Nickname:
Phone: (941) 465-6356

Model: 1971 Separator
Length: 17
Engine: 350 Chevy
HP: 310
Hours: 0
Hull ID: SEP021200573
Price: $14,850 OBO

documented one of a kind! 1971 correctcraft jet boat. model: seperator. same owner 41 years. illness forces sale. fresh 350 chevy, new jacuzzi jet unit with 7 position jetovader, new wiring, gauges & battery. clean, fast, simple & rare. history of this boat has been documented by correct craft as one of a kind & celibrated in their newsletter. boat has not been in water since rebuild!this boat is in excellent condition! $14,850.00 o.b.o. details call joe @ 941 465 6356.

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: May-06-2017 at 4:08pm
I called joe. He said the stringers were redone about 15 yrs. ago so I guess I need to break out the drill and check on that.

Here's the info. everybody wants to know: He said he had a 525 hp small block in it years ago and it was radar clocked at 78 mph. He also said the engine in it now is barely used. I'm trying to get with people who know jets with smallblocks and so far it looks like hp and rpm are the most important with jets....torque being less of a concern. I'm an outboard guy so any info. on juicing the motor up is welcome. Maybe we we can get this puppy over 80 one day. If his numbers are real I can get another 2 mph out of it by bluprinting the pump and aft hull area.....maybe some speed coat in the bowl and on the aft hull will work too.

Date Posted: May-06-2017 at 7:15pm
He said it's only good for about 50mph now so there's work to be done. He said the motor only has 180hp now which doesn't make sense to me I thought 350's were good for 24ohp bone stock....we'll see.

Date Posted: May-06-2017 at 7:33pm
You need to check out River Dave's Place

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/content.php" rel="nofollow - River Dave's

There's a jet boat section and also a jet boat section of the forums Just jets is the forum section

Date Posted: May-07-2017 at 5:41pm
Rotten stringers. No time or space for all this right now. Think I'll slap a few band-aids on it and use her for a few months.....boat seems solid and only needs a few fixes to be running. Can probably get a couple hundred pounds out of it too with light materials.

Date Posted: May-07-2017 at 7:57pm
at this time of year I would do the same thing

-------------

Date Posted: May-07-2017 at 8:09pm

Rotten stringers. .

Chris,
With the Jacuzzi drive shaft driven with a U joint, I say rotten stringers are not as critical as a DD for alignment. Yes, I agree that the hull is pretty thick. Go for it!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: May-09-2017 at 6:05pm
QUINNER! you are invited any time to come for a ride, you don't live that far away as soon as I get it out this year ill post some vids so you guys can see it run.

Date Posted: May-14-2017 at 1:02pm
I pulled out damp wood on both sides with the drill bit but they seem solid when I bang em with the hammer so I think it's good for now. It's probably got waterlogged foam in it too. I'll check the shaft alignment before I run it.

Date Posted: May-25-2017 at 3:33pm
Does anyone out there have a sketch of the batman windshield dimensions and/or a set of them or even the frames??

Date Posted: October-13-2017 at 5:32pm
Guess I have something to do this winter now...

Date Posted: October-16-2017 at 12:16am
yes sir I do, I have had a set made from the originals. I own the mold that was used to reproduce them.

Date Posted: October-16-2017 at 11:20am
At this point I'm not planning on using those but I wouldn't mind knowing what you want for a set of them....do they have edge railings too or just plex?

Date Posted: October-19-2017 at 3:18pm
just the plexi. no edge, I also have a brand new original set but not for sale.!

Date Posted: December-14-2017 at 5:25pm
How about the cast aluminum cc emblems?.......Any of those still around for sale??

Date Posted: December-14-2017 at 8:16pm

How about the cast aluminum cc emblems?.......Any of those still around for sale??

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28501&PN=1&title=metal-cc-logos-emblems" rel="nofollow - Here is the link the last page has the latest info

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: June-01-2018 at 6:03pm
My separator jet is for sale if anyone is interested. 941-524-1731

Print Page | Close Window