Forum Name: CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
Forum Discription: Discussion around the annual CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38632
Printed Date: April-25-2024 at 5:29am

Topic: Badin Lake Mini 2016
Posted By: NCH20SKIER
Subject: Badin Lake Mini 2016
Date Posted: May-14-2016 at 6:51pm
Spoke with a few key members, 1 lurker, and 1 non member and the consensus was unanimous - that we repeat for 2016. Pencil it in, make plans and come enjoy some fall North Carolina weather - October 8 & 9. For those who want to arrive and play on Friday come on, say you want to play on Monday, that is ok as well.

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Replies:
Posted By: Air206
Date Posted: May-15-2016 at 1:26am
I am in... I would like to reserve the same truck and boat parking spaces....

-------------
https://tinyurl.com/y6t5e3bu" rel="nofollow - 04 Air206
http://tinyurl.com/9urzgls" rel="nofollow - 91 Barefoot
78 SkiTiq

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: May-16-2016 at 10:48am
I'm calling Dibs on my Bedroom from last year if it's available....... Same theme as last year?

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: May-16-2016 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

I am in... I would like to reserve the same truck and boat parking spaces....

I seem to recall that last year you claimed Greg's spot between the docks for your boat. This year he has a swell new lift in there. I wonder if he will be so agreeable as to handing it over again.

-------------

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: May-16-2016 at 6:13pm
Greg,

I would like to set up Sha La Tent in the same area or within early morning stumbling distance to the Proto-let due to old man bladder and over serving, or I can kill your front yard grass.

However, please do not order the rain this time.

Donald

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.

Date Posted: May-16-2016 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Spoke with a few key members, 1 lurker, and 1 non member and the consensus was unanimous - that we repeat for 2016. .

Was the 1 Lurker and 1 non member both Sheldon? He was a hoot !!!!!!!

-------------
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.

Posted By: dwouncmd
Date Posted: May-17-2016 at 9:07pm
Right on. I think I will ask for the the Friday and Monday off...Do I get to sleep in the basement with Quinner and his furry bed mates again?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6535&sort=&pagenum=2" rel="nofollow - 89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: May-17-2016 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

I'm calling Dibs on my Bedroom from last year if it's available....... Same theme as last year?

special jammies Foot?

looks like I am 'out' for the 2nd year in a row....leaving for Haiti on the 9th........

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: May-18-2016 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

special jammies Foot?

I don't wear jammies John!

Theme being any CC boat under 18 ft.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: May-18-2016 at 1:25pm
We won't make it out this year, just like our spring , fall is pretty darn booked this year.

Posted By: juniorwoody
Date Posted: May-18-2016 at 6:49pm
I would definatly pencil in this get together again. Can sleep just about anywhere but no complaints on the couch Greg.

-------------
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future

Posted By: FredWSauer
Date Posted: May-18-2016 at 10:10pm
Suggestions on making this a CorrectCraftFan visit AND take my son to Charlotte Sat night 7PM for the race? From St. Paul MN!

-------------
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat

Date Posted: May-18-2016 at 10:53pm
Fred feel free to give me a call 704.506.5905

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: northcoastidol
Date Posted: May-19-2016 at 8:42pm
I'm in! we all had to much fun last year...

-------------
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!

Date Posted: May-19-2016 at 9:51pm
Scott, This year wait for me for that double flier of Greg's dock.

-------------

Date Posted: May-19-2016 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Scott, This year wait for me for that double flier of Greg's dock.

uh....can I get on your dance card too? maybe someplace else....looks like a Haiti trip is in the works for me Oct 9th.

hopefully the Idol & I can get one in at lake X.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: jackiewdeen
Date Posted: May-20-2016 at 12:16am
Have cot will travel. It will be different to travel down to Badin than up to Badin. Since I saw the idol was in, We Ohio residents must still be invited. Too bad about JBear.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5597" rel="nofollow - 75 Nautique

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: May-21-2016 at 3:15am
God Bless Eddie Olson. Deepwaters, BACKWARDS, [switching boat brands] and now flyers for the bear....

I'm putting it on the calendar and will begin my hill country craigslist project boat search now.

Hey Jack careful on where you chose to lay your head you could be sharing it with a few dogs, boat bumpers and beer cases.

Posted By: ultrahots
Date Posted: May-22-2016 at 1:32am
Any Midwest interest in a caravan down ? Wife and Kids will not be able to make it but I can go !

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6960&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1980 Show Nautique

Date Posted: May-22-2016 at 1:54pm
I am thinking there needs to be a gun driver sighting at this years event

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: May-22-2016 at 10:57pm
Greg, if I have to go pick up gun driver on my way, we'll get him there. as for jbear n Larry for senior flyers anytime anywhere.

-------------

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: May-23-2016 at 9:48pm
Well it just happens I'm off that week and was thinking it would be a nice trip.
Although that late in the year it's usually time to start getting the sleds ready for Canada.
I'll have to put some serious thought into this one though😬🔫

Date Posted: May-23-2016 at 9:53pm
If your sleds require that much work you better be on the lookout for a replacement.

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: jackiewdeen
Date Posted: May-23-2016 at 9:54pm
Greg, could I bring my wife, Deborah? She is looking forward to seeing more CCFan friends. She even gets along with Donald and gun-driver.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5597" rel="nofollow - 75 Nautique

Date Posted: May-23-2016 at 9:57pm
Jackie,
No need to ask - absolutely fine by us

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: May-23-2016 at 9:58pm
Jackie,
No need to ask - absolutely fine by us. Hell even Adam is welcome

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: May-23-2016 at 10:12pm

Hell even Adam is welcome

Heck I may have to reconsider I thought this was a high class resort😀

The sleds brand new so you have to tear it all apart and make it just right. You know just like these boats more HP, better suspension, better skis, different bars, better clutching and so on

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: May-28-2016 at 11:00am
Originally posted by FredWSauer FredWSauer wrote:

Suggestions on making this a CorrectCraftFan visit AND take my some to Charlotte Sat night 7PM for the race? From St. Paul MN!

Hi Fred,
Being local to Greg's neighborhood and also a NASCAR race regular, I might be interested in running over to the race with you. Last year since I wasn't about to miss Greg's inaugural bash, it marked only the 2nd fall race I've missed in 20+ years at Charlotte and it was worth the little bit of ribbing I got from my race buds. But if someone like yourself was interested, I'd like to make that <40 mile run to the track with you. We could slither out and be back to the lake before anyone realized we were gone. Coming all the way from MN it'd be great if you could get in early for Friday festivities at Greg's and then there's Sunday boating as well.

As for the actual race, our group has one of the best set-ups going and you'd certainly be invited to join us. Our main race organizer there is also a CCFan member, but he'd miss a reunion at his own house so as not to miss a race. So think about it and feel free to call me as well.   And we'll be at the track tomorrow for that big race!
704-451-5080

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Date Posted: May-28-2016 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Greg, could I bring my wife, Deborah? She is looking forward to seeing more CCFan friends. She even gets along with Donald and gun-driver.

Jackie,

I was on my best behavior when I had the pleasure of meeting Deborah at the St. John's River Run. So were you. .

Donald

-------------

Posted By: Smithfamily
Date Posted: May-29-2016 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Jackie,

I was on my best behavior when I had the pleasure of meeting Deborah at the St. John's River Run. So were you. .

Donald

Jackie, Donald has a valid point. He was on his best behavior at SJRR. Which would cause worry?

-------------
Js

Posted By: samudj01
Date Posted: June-03-2016 at 12:59am
Haven't been on in a while...I like Badin Lake. I'm in.

-------------
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351

Date Posted: June-22-2016 at 11:38am
In preparation for this years event we are making some modifications to protect the young and innocent from the antics of CQ. With any luck we will have some rock and paint on the walls before October - otherwise we will hang a blue tarp.

http://s934.photobucket.com/user/inboardfan/media/A380875A-E54D-4B59-B839-6BD5745F9CD2_zps3jvyj3jc.jpg.html" rel="nofollow"> [/IMG]

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: June-22-2016 at 11:59am
you build a cage for quinner

genious

Posted By: phatsat67
Date Posted: June-22-2016 at 12:03pm
Blue tarps are no match for CQ

Date Posted: June-22-2016 at 12:34pm
I've heard he has ripped through the heaviest of canvas tarps when he needs to get to his tool box.

Posted By: NCtique
Date Posted: July-31-2016 at 9:49pm
hope to make it for the the weekend this year to keep from driving it all the same day. just need a place to put a tent up and ill be happy. Also, should I bring a tow strap to be better prepared this year?

Date Posted: July-31-2016 at 10:55pm
Tent space is available - no tow strap required

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: juniorwoody
Date Posted: August-01-2016 at 1:18am
Whaaa where did the couch go?

-------------
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future

Posted By: skibum1110
Date Posted: August-05-2016 at 1:21am
Where in NC is this happening? May make the drive up from Fla.

-------------
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team

Date Posted: August-05-2016 at 9:35am
Chris
Badin Lake is about an hour and fifteen minutes north of Charlotte off Route 49.

Badin Lake is part of a chain of a flooded river (Yadkin) that includes High Rock, Badin and Tillery. Unfortunately you can not boat from lake to lake.

From Winter Haven to Badin is about 8-1/2 to 9 hours

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: August-23-2016 at 11:58pm
The clutch on this project slipped.for a bit but HVAC / Dehumidification is in, electrical rough next 2 days , insulation Friday, gyp board next week.
The push is on.
I will blame Larry's daughter for derailing progress with a wedding

In preparation for this years event we are making some modifications to protect the young and innocent from the antics of CQ. With any luck we will have some rock and paint on the walls before October - otherwise we will hang a blue tarp.

http://s934.photobucket.com/user/inboardfan/media/A380875A-E54D-4B59-B839-6BD5745F9CD2_zps3jvyj3jc.jpg.html" rel="nofollow"> [/IMG]

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: August-30-2016 at 4:16pm
Well it is time to get this thread started once again - some specific's and thoughts are below -

Official Dates are 10/8, 9 - for those who want to roll in early or stay late all it takes is a call and willingness to accept some level of direction to assist with last minute details or pilot a boat.

As you can see from earlier in this thread some renovations are underway so what was an open space in the basement is not so open as it was last year- we are down to about half the open area but have added some rooms.

Dock space has not changed since last year and I anticipate to have the use of my neighbors dock as well.

As far as food goes I would like to suggest pairing up with others who are attending and claiming a "meal - feeding time" for those who will be attending. Moorfoot has already confirmed the smoker will be in tow this year. David Samuel I will connect with you this weekend and lets talk -

With that said and in consideration of others I would ask that if you are attending please indicate below (please include # attending with you) include anticipated day of arrival - departure and if you are coming with / without a boat.

Thank you

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: August-30-2016 at 4:19pm
Greg - Sue -Kristin - Jake   Arriving Thursday PM, departing Monday. SN206,, '56 Chris Craft

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: August-30-2016 at 9:03pm

Greg - Sue -Kristin - Jake   Arriving Thursday PM, departing Monday. SN206,, '56 Chris Craft

Donald, Natalie, Kerry (Wife Sat. only) Arriving Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, 2002 Sport , Tent

-------------

Date Posted: August-30-2016 at 10:55pm

Donald, Natalie, Kerry (Wife Sat. only) Arriving Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, 2002 Sport Cell 704-308-0002, Tent

Larry - Probably Friday, Saturday, Maybe sunday (commuting) 76 Tique

-------------

Posted By: relake
Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 10:10am
I'm interested in coming up and meeting some of y'all.....I'll run it by the boss, it may just be me and a couple of the kiddos and the boat.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=8310" rel="nofollow - '97 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 10:35am

Donald, Natalie, Kerry (Wife Sat. only) Arriving Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, 2002 Sport Cell 704-308-0002, Tent

TimBob - Thurs-Sun, 72 Mustang

-------------

Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 11:45pm
David & Ridgely - Sat and Sun - 1999 Sport

-------------

Posted By: ultrahots
Date Posted: September-01-2016 at 1:02am
Any Midwesterners want to ride share ? I have interest but not on my own !

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6960&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1980 Show Nautique

Date Posted: September-01-2016 at 10:10am
Originally posted by ultrahots ultrahots wrote:

Sorry Terry, as much as I keep trying to fit this into our schedule it's impossible for us this year.

Date Posted: September-01-2016 at 1:16pm
not looking good for us either but there's always a chance

Date Posted: September-01-2016 at 1:23pm
Terry
Fred Sauer from St. Paul MN was giving consideration. Might be an option
FWIIW

Originally posted by ultrahots ultrahots wrote:

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: shadow
Date Posted: September-11-2016 at 10:27pm
The wife and myself are planning on coming by and checking out the Badin Lake Mini. Came last year and had a great time, got to meet a lot of really nice folks, got to see some really nice Correct Crafts, I was the old guy with the red Ski Tique.

-------------
shadow

Date Posted: September-12-2016 at 11:50pm
Jerry
We remember you and the Tique. Glad to have you again this year

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: September-12-2016 at 11:58pm
Jerry Hand & Wife - Tique
Sheldon Fickling & Haley Camp - No boat

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: IAughtNaut
Date Posted: September-13-2016 at 1:32pm
Adam- tent? airbed? bathtub? no boat, arrival early and departure late

-------------
bring the ruckus
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5347" rel="nofollow - 2000 Pro Air

Posted By: Barracuda
Date Posted: September-13-2016 at 7:24pm
Brad- Saturday to Monday- Something Raunchy and a Lil Sketchy

-------------
Former:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=759" rel="nofollow - '86 Nautique
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=507" rel="nofollow - '65 Barracuda

Posted By: malibud
Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 3:52pm
My son and I live around Asheville. We like to ride dirt bikes at Uwahrrie and thinking about coming out for the mini. How far are you from the Uwahrrie campground by boat? We usually get up early and ride and ski in the afternoons. Love to finally make a reunion..

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 4:02pm
Assuming its one of these campgrounds, about 4.5 miles.

-------------

Posted By: malibud
Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 4:12pm
Great we usually stay stay at badin lake campground . Looks like a straight shot .

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 4:17pm
Those two coves just above the camp ground are the typical ski cove destinations, so that traverse is made regularly.

-------------

Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 7:49am
For those traveling into town and looking for lodging options other than tents or floor space........limited rooms here but an option. The Badin Inn is about 7 miles away by boat or ~18 miles by car (must go around the lake)

http://badininn.com/stay/

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: September-17-2016 at 10:33am
Mindy Minter Acree - Friday, Sat, Sun - Traveling with Jim ______ (Badin Inn)
Jim _______- Friday Saturday,Sunday? Tique (Jim was at White Lake with Yellow .White Tique
Bryan Reese & Boys - Saturday 70's Ski Nautique
Justin Landers - Saturday - Hydrodyne XTB
Chad Colby, V, & DJ - Saturday - Hydrodyne #001 Prototype (traveling)

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: September-20-2016 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

The wife and myself are planning on coming by and checking out the Badin Lake Mini. Came last year and had a great time, got to meet a lot of really nice folks, got to see some really nice Correct Crafts, I was the old guy with the red Ski Tique.

I was sure glad you came!   

Val is bringing her red '91 Barefooter Friday through Sunday... I'm just tagging along. Bringing the Truck and Nautique Camper. I expect the same place to dock the boat. .... LOL

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: September-22-2016 at 2:40pm
I will be starting a meal planning thread for this event. Please check between threads to make sure what ever you sing up for you have a sufficient quantity......
Thank you

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: September-23-2016 at 7:58pm
We are in. Arriving with the Pinkham/Fennessy convoy- target being fri eve maybe?

Sara is brainstorming meal stuff, will update when that's locked down.

331 Inca Skier will be in tow and ready for break in, if all goes according to plan.

Date Posted: September-27-2016 at 8:18am
Scott-Gene Monahan Fri am-Sun/Mon? 89 Bfn, Tent

-------------

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: September-28-2016 at 11:13am
Mindy Minter Acree - Friday, Sat, Sun - Traveling with Jim ______ (Badin Inn)
Jim _______- Friday Saturday,Sunday? Tique (Jim was at White Lake with Yellow .White Tique
Bryan Reese & Boys - Saturday 70's Ski Nautique
Justin Landers - Saturday - Hydrodyne XTB
Chad Colby, V, & DJ - Saturday - Hydrodyne #001 Prototype (traveling)
Val is bringing her red '91 Barefooter Friday through Sunday (Steve will likely also show up)
Tim, Sara, Tique - 331 Inca Skier will be in tow and ready for break in – Friday afternoon - ?
Scott-Gene Monahan Fri am-Sun/Mon? 89 Bfn, Tent
JoeinNY – Friday afternoon – Sunday Morning – anything I can find at Reids that runs

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: September-28-2016 at 9:16pm
All,
Looks like our friends at Alcoa are not going to let the lake levels come back up before the event. Current levels are down ~3' dispute the rains of this week.
Sooooo what does this mean:
> the water level is down ~ 3'
> we will be relegated to launch, ski and play on the water as water levels at the dock are iffy at best
> for those who have not been here before the ramp is ~ 1/4 mile from my place. There is reasonable parking at the ramp. I have plenty of parking at my house.

Cheers

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: October-02-2016 at 8:54pm
Lake came up nearly 8" on this sunny Sunday. Let's hope the trend continues

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: October-02-2016 at 9:16pm
Change of venue for Sat lunch. My wife, Ridgely, and I are going to host everyone at our house for Saturday lunch. We will be joining forces with Donald and his wife, Kerry, for the meal. We are hoping this will take a little of the work load off of Sue, Kristen, and Greg for an afternoon (they worked way too hard last year). Plus, our place is close to where all the boaters will be hanging out, so a shorter trip in for lunch. Most likely people will be hanging out in our cove or the one next to us, "skiers cove". From the lake my dock will have a Wake Forest flag flying and a purple HPU umbrella on the dock, along with my maroon Sport Nautique. Feel free to dock at my neighbors dock to the right of mine. See map below. I'll update the food thread next. It is about 10-15min from Greg's by boat or car. There is a gate. If you are planning to drive, text me later in the week or on sat and I'll shoot you the code. We have plenty of parking.

-------------

Date Posted: October-03-2016 at 12:15am
That right folks. You will finally get to witness a calm, polite, sober, and not so potty mouth Donald now that my beautiful bride of 23 years (Kerry) is coming to the event. I may need to wear a name tag so many of you will even know who I am.

-------------

Posted By: Smithfamily
Date Posted: October-03-2016 at 7:23am

That right folks. You will finally get to witness a calm, polite, sober, and not so potty mouth Donald now that my beautiful bride of 23 years (Kerry) is coming to the event. I may need to wear a name tag so many of you will even know who I am.

Things just got interesting!! Sorry we will miss. Be safe have fun post pictures....

-------------
Js

Date Posted: October-03-2016 at 8:08am
C'mon Cousin Donald....This ain't her first Rodeo with us CCFans. She's seen you two fisted with Miller Lites, carrying on in your normal fashion, and the only reason the your potty mouth cleaned up was because your Daughter(s) were around.

-------------

Date Posted: October-03-2016 at 9:51am

Lake came up nearly 8" on this sunny Sunday. Let's hope the trend continues

A check of the website this morning shows ~4" rise in water elevation over night.

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: October-03-2016 at 11:09am

-------------

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: October-03-2016 at 11:14am

-------------
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....

Date Posted: October-03-2016 at 4:19pm
Room for plenty of boats. Neighbors dock to right is open for boats.

-------------

Date Posted: October-03-2016 at 4:36pm

C'mon Cousin Donald....This ain't her first Rodeo with us CCFans. She's seen you two fisted with Miller Lites, carrying on in your normal fashion, and the only reason the your potty mouth cleaned up was because your Daughter(s) were around.

She has only been to Reid's Lake Norman mini and I am bring her because JoeinNY does not believe that I am married since he has not ever seen her in the eight or nine years that we have known each other.   You are probably right, after a few adult beverages, the obnoxious Donald will rise to the occasion.   

She will not be joining me in shay la tent, she will just be there on Saturday so Sunday I can really let it all hang out.

-------------

Date Posted: October-03-2016 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

Check that, my neighbor is staining his dock this Saturday, so my dock only. We should still be ok though. Room for plenty of boats.

Unacceptable - I am expecting delivery service from the pontoon.

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: October-03-2016 at 9:49pm
Ha...I pulled the pontoon to accommodate you, Greg! Really I pulled the pontoon to replace a fuel line that a muskrat chewed through...those little bastards

-------------

Date Posted: October-04-2016 at 12:50am

she will just be there on Saturday so Sunday I can really let it all hang out.

OMG.....

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: the grinch
Date Posted: October-04-2016 at 3:49pm
I'm planning on coming for a day, just waiting to see what day the weather will be best!

-------------
It takes a big hole to bury an elephant.

Kirk Miller   [URL=http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/register.asp?FID=7]KIRKS79/URL]

Date Posted: October-04-2016 at 4:29pm

She has only been to Reid's Lake Norman mini and I am bring her because JoeinNY does not believe that I am married since he has not ever seen her in the eight or nine years that we have known each other.    

This is the truth, I have recently confirmed that there is actually a Mrs. Riley, and a Mrs. 75 Tique. Now it seems I might get to meet Mrs. Donald80SN that’s a pretty strong showing in a month. I am starting to think people have the impression I am pretty serious with the current girlfriend and therefore it is now safe to bring their wives around me…
As for keeping on watch on the weather… definitely need to do that as us northerners don’t like hearing terms like “in the cone” and “state of emergency” applied to areas we are going to be in…

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: October-04-2016 at 6:19pm
Yet you are perfectly fine referring to this as "Thursday"

-------------

Date Posted: October-04-2016 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

. I am starting to think people have the impression I am pretty serious with the current girlfriend and therefore it is now safe to bring their wives around me…

As for keeping on watch on the weather… definitely need to do that as us northerners don’t like hearing terms like “in the cone” and “state of emergency” applied to areas we are going to be in…

the nice young lady we met at the River? And Joe....Ms Patti has always felt safe around you.

we have been watching the weather here pretty close. There is definatly gonna be an effect...we just don't know how bad yet.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 12:31am
Come on up to Wisconsin. Sunny and 70s this week!

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 12:29pm

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 12:53pm
Boo, nobody wants to see that.

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:04pm
Its getting better all the time.. hopefully keeps going in that direction.

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Boo, nobody wants to see that.

Yeah, really. I was going to have a word with Greg about his salesmanship. Full disclosure I guess.

(Could your interest in this topic be a hint that you are thinking of making the trip?)

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Its getting better all the time.. hopefully keeps going in that direction.

Not completely sure what you are getting at, but if it is the fact that the tracking models are starting to move the storm back into the ocean vs landfalling somewhere along the coast, then yes, things are looking up.

-------------

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:24pm
Well this is one way to get the Hurricane to show up at a Reunion.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:25pm
I am getting at that if you looked at the same forecast a few hundred times over the last couple days that it is indeed starting to look better... hopefully for everyone particularly those along the coast it continues to go that way.

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:32pm
I can't make this one, with this forecast you better bring a spare distributor cap Larry.

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:34pm
The rain was the final straw on the BFN Pro Tec last year.... We'll see how the DUI does this year! Hurricane rain is a good "test".......

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I can't make this one, with this forecast you better bring a spare distributor cap Larry.

Always have a spare six pack of them handy now.

OK, that's not true. For other reasons, I have a whole new distributor this year, (ends up the old one was an old piece of junk, broken in multiple spots) so hopefully those years are behind me. So last year, in my haste to address the problem, I stuck on the spare that I knew well enough to have on me, and was good to go. Meanwhile, Joe, takes a towel, dries my first one out, sticks it on Greg's "new" HM Mustang, and the thing ran like a scalded dog.

-------------

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 2:37pm

Yikes, barely 70 and rain.. Looks like Green Lake a couple of years....

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

[QUOTE=NCH20SKIER]

The above was provided for full disclosure - much like our current Presidential Race it depends on who you listen to as what the weather will be.
I will say that someone who is flying in from MO and provided weather information can be quoted as "I'll be the one to say it - the hurricane isn't going to stop us"

Will continue to watch the weather and lake levels- the lake is remaining pretty constant at -2' from full pond. There should be sufficient water depth at the dock but is doubtful the lift will be operational but will continue to monitor it.

My buddy Chad will be bringing over what is believed to be on of the original Hydrodyne prototypes - he actually has a letter from Ab Crosby confirming this. Pretty neat little boat

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 3:33pm
As Joe suggested, this is looking a lot better than it was a day or two ago.

-------------

Date Posted: October-05-2016 at 4:08pm
This gang has been out in some pretty crappy weather but we always manage to have a good time. You guys will have a blast, wish we could make it.

Print Page | Close Window