Print Page | Close Window

Ski Pylon

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40192
Printed Date: May-03-2024 at 9:46pm

Topic: Ski Pylon
Posted By: prski
Subject: Ski Pylon
Date Posted: November-15-2016 at 10:42am
I have the original "ski ring" for the pylon but how can I remove the current "cap"? The previous owner used a barefoot boom. I don't see allen screws or anyway to losen it.

Suggestions?

-------------
paul

Replies:
Posted By: Dreaming
Date Posted: November-15-2016 at 3:57pm
The ring and finger were held in by roll pins on the body of the pylon.   the ring and finger should has a "post" that fits inside the socket of the pylon, that the roll pins went through.    if you have a cap that has a "post" on the bottom, you would need to duplicate the ring and finger pulling process, just drive the roll pins out, and twist/pull the cap out.    There is a good chance that the cap is corroded in place though, and you may need to try a strap wrench, oil filter wrench or if needed, some sort of pipe wrench to get it to turn.    pulling it out may require some up force from a strap or chain fall of sorts also.   worst case scenario is take it to a machine shop.   hopefully you don't have to resort to this.   pictures might be helpful also! good luck!

Print Page | Close Window