Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40773
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 2:46pm

Topic: Atlanta overpass
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Subject: Atlanta overpass
Date Posted: March-31-2017 at 10:38am
Tim and others in the Atlanta area, will the collapse of the interstate overpass affect your commute?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Replies:
Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: March-31-2017 at 10:51am
2 part question Pete, 1- an ant crossing I75 at 3am will create a backup in Atlanta and 2 not sure Tim really works

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: March-31-2017 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

and 2 not sure Tim really works

Gary,
I've wondered the same but then, where does he get all those supplies like abrasive paper?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: DVskier
Date Posted: March-31-2017 at 12:43pm
Tim shouldn't have any traffic issues since he lives south of Atlanta and Delta is just inside I 285 on the south side. The bridge collapse will mostly affect north side folks. Don't get me wrong but everyone in the metro area will feel the pain as this is a catastrophic dilemma. I lived in Alpharetta for 28 years and experienced traffic pain daily.

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: March-31-2017 at 1:10pm
I have not been in LA for 30 years but I think Atlanta is the most crazy of anywhere. Too many people and their weather can range from 100+ to freezing We run thru at 9 or 10 pm on the way down and Sunday afternoons on the way home which seems to work. Miami area is second on the list- 45 in the left lane 90 in the right and 0 turn signals

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: March-31-2017 at 1:20pm
Just now seeing this Pete. Thanks for your concern. Dave is right. The Airport is on the southside of Atlanta and I live 30 miles south of it so it won't affect my commute but has affected many that I work with. The city has postponed start times for its employees to lessen the burden on the alternate routes and one county school system cancelled school today because of the collapse.

Not gonna affect me too much until I start dragging the boat to nautiquehunters place as more people will be using the perimeter to get on 85 which will be busier than ever and its always bad.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: March-31-2017 at 1:25pm
Apparently their bridges are just like their football team, can't handle a little heat!!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Date Posted: March-31-2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

and 2 not sure Tim really works

Gary,
I've wondered the same but then, where does he get all those supplies like abrasive paper?

I gotta come to work so I can work on boat parts, get machinests to work on boat parts, and get parts for my trailer welded.

The worst part of my job is digging that slightly used 3M sandpaper out of the trashcan that some clown hasn't spit his tobacco juice on. Drives me crazy and tees me off.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: March-31-2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Apparently their bridges are just like their football team, can't handle a little heat!!

Ouch, that hurts. That's why I stick to college teams. Atlanta can't win squat.

There was a whole bunch of stuff stored under that bridge including PVC that really fueled the fire and possibly started it. Not to mention all the homeless folks that live under that bridge.

-------------

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: April-01-2017 at 7:16pm
Doesn't affect my commute. I stay North of the city and go East /West to work. Since they have to replace both sides of the interstate, it will play hell driving through Atlanta for anybody trying to do it on I85.

Quinner, at least the Falcons were in the superbowl and not home watching it on TV!

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: April-01-2017 at 10:06pm
They were in it all right, for half the game, lmao

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Posted By: rebel skier
Date Posted: April-02-2017 at 11:07pm
I lived in Atlanta/Alpharetta and had to get the hell out. Then it followed me to Nashville.

Where to go next?

We had a truck hit an overpass and it burned to the ground. I have never seen something rebuilt so quickly. They will get it done.

Print Page | Close Window