Forum Name: Boat Parts Wanted
Forum Discription: Parts wanted only
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40954
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 12:23pm

Topic: CB Switches Wanted
Posted By: JB1995Ski
Subject: CB Switches Wanted
Date Posted: April-27-2017 at 1:57pm
Looking for circuit breaker/switches for my '94 SN. Most are starting to dry rot and need replaced. Would like to save a few $$ instead of paying on the average of $22/switch. If I had a choice, looking to replace (2) 10A, (2) 2.5A, (1) 6A, and (1) 20A.

Replies:
Posted By: Dreaming
Date Posted: April-27-2017 at 9:12pm
I don't think saving a couple of bucks in this area is going to be your friend in the long run.   Yours are worn, and so would any other boat from a similar era.    I think your best bet is to replace them with new, the electrical system on these boats is weak enough without adding voltage drop through used corroded breakers.    I think you can get similar breakers from I boats, and other sources without paying the higher price from ski-dim or N3.   I sourced the main breaker for my boat from Iboats and it was about half the price.   I know some folks on here are not fans of Sierra products, so you might do some research on them, but I would favor that over used.

Date Posted: April-28-2017 at 12:21pm
Thanks, Kris.
Very valid points. I was hoping someone had newer than boat year from replacing. I do agree not to put older ones in. I'll check out Iboats. Most of the places that list cb/switches are push-to-reset cb only.

Posted By: Aengenend
Date Posted: April-28-2017 at 8:55pm
Some info on these breakers
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/56051.pdf" rel="nofollow - ETA breaker spec sheet

Search for them on farnell, 2-5700 series, iG1 = 3/8 thread, DD=push to release/push to reset

-------------
SN 93, Pro Boss HO, GT-40P, ACME 422

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: April-28-2017 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Aengenend Aengenend wrote:

Some info on these breakers
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/56051.pdf" rel="nofollow - ETA breaker spec sheet

Search for them on farnell, 2-5700 series, iG1 = 3/8 thread, DD=push to release/push to reset

I've used Newark Electronic through the years and I did find them there. Still over $20.00! It's a very unusual CB/switch.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 11:33am
Thank you gentlemen for those inputs for the CB/Switches. Both are actually sister companies to each other ... Farnell and Newark.

Posted By: velde99
Date Posted: May-02-2017 at 12:17pm
eBay has some - search under ETA Breaker. Some around $10 if your licky

Posted By: Jonny Quest
Date Posted: May-07-2017 at 11:56am
NP has them:

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/circuit-breaker-switch/" rel="nofollow - LINK

JQ

-------------
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Posted By: andrewmarani
Date Posted: May-28-2017 at 7:55pm
I've owned a 1986 Silver Nautique for 25 years. Last few years I try to take on one solid upgrade/repair each year. This year it's the wiring. last fall I replaced the battery cables with a larger size. I've pulled new 10 gauge black and red wire from the engine to the dash. I've pulled the dash off the boat and will be replacing all of the purple, black, red and blue 16 gauge wires with 14 gauge and replacing all of the terminal ends on everything with new heat shrink terminals. I'm going to keep the daisy chain system, which is why I'm upping the gauge.

The breakers are original and still work fine. Is it worth it to drop $150 and replace them while i've got the dash off the boat?

Thanks,

-------------
Builder

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: May-28-2017 at 8:59pm
Andrew,
As long as the CB switches are still working, I'd keep them. If the time comes that they need replacing, it's not that hard of a job.

Regarding the rewire, I highly suggest using marine grade.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: andrewmarani
Date Posted: May-28-2017 at 9:47pm
Thanks. Yep, I've got marine grade.

-------------
Builder