Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41166
Printed Date: March-29-2024 at 2:18am

Topic: invertaflow
Posted By: dutchman
Subject: invertaflow
Date Posted: June-02-2017 at 3:18pm
i want to change my invertaflo muffler for a stainless steel one but is there a valve or somthing inside ? is there enyboddy who knows how this thing works ?

Replies:
Posted By: JPASS
Date Posted: June-02-2017 at 3:59pm
I don't believe there's a valve in there. A baffle, yes, but valve, no. What are the concerns with just swapping the two as is?

-------------
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique

Date Posted: June-02-2017 at 4:10pm
i am rebilding the engine still so i can not try it out and was wondering if it could be a problem to the engine becaus the old one makes a noise when you shake it so ther is somthing inside (i am looking for the dutch translation of baffle )

Date Posted: June-02-2017 at 4:12pm
found it "a device used to restrain the flow of a fluid, gas, or loose material or to prevent the spreading of sound or light in a particular direction.
In a second arrangement, the first gas supply opens into the central region above an upper baffle plate and the second gas supply opens into the periphery of a plenum between the upper baffle plate and a lower baffle plate."

Date Posted: June-02-2017 at 4:14pm
so it shoud be no problem to put the stainless one without enything inside on ?

Posted By: Dreaming
Date Posted: June-02-2017 at 5:00pm
baffle in this case is just a plate that is fiberglassed to the inside of the muffler.   it causes the exhaust gasses to go around the plate, therefore reducing the direct path for noise to travel through the muffler.    There is no valve as in shut off or opening/closing damper.   the invertaflow has no moving parts.    I suspect your baffle is loose inside the old one.   it happens some times, and can be repaired with fiberglass, but no need if you have a stainless option.

Posted By: MrMcD
Date Posted: August-07-2019 at 4:18am
Old thread but I was wondering if the Stainless exhaust sounds different or performs any different. You mentioned getting a new engine at the same time so it may be hard to compare.

-------------

Date Posted: November-12-2019 at 9:00am
no problem only my account was ofline for a long time
i am verry happy with the stainless one becaus the risk ob breaking and leaking is smaller i think the sound is a bit harder but it is not a big differens

Print Page | Close Window