Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41728
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 4:07pm

Topic: 95 ss gt40 dead in water
Posted By: Trip-85-2001
Subject: 95 ss gt40 dead in water
Date Posted: August-12-2017 at 2:13am
Any help is appreciated. At the lake and my 1995 super sport just had a new stereo and tower speakers, it started right up this morning, was sitting in cove idling listening to stereo and all of a sudden it just goes dead....I mean dead. No lights, alarms, stereo. Nothing. After fooling around with it for about an hr I found that the 15 amp breaker on block was kind of tripped. I could barely press in the breaker and it would slightly click. Then I would go back and try to start and with key on accessories I would hear fuel pump kick on, get ignition alarm and stereo lights, etc.....as soon as I would turn key to start position everything would go dead. This happened several times and each time I would reset I tried checking all wires to new stereo and removed some connections and finally it started out of the blue! Stopped it and started 5-6 times after that, got back the dock, tried to start and it's been completely dead ever since. Now I can't even reset the 15amp breaker. It's just dead! Called Vince at skidim.com and he's a little perplexed that the 15amp breaker for the fuel pump would shut down everything.   

Anybody have any ideas? Thx!

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: August-12-2017 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Trip-85-2001 Trip-85-2001 wrote:

as soon as I would turn key to start position everything would go dead. This happened several times and each time I would reset I tried checking all wires to new stereo and removed some connections and finally it started out of the blue! Stopped it and started 5-6 times after that, got back the dock, tried to start and it's been completely dead ever since. Now I can't even reset the 15amp breaker. It's just dead! Called Vince at skidim.com and he's a little perplexed that the 15amp breaker for the fuel pump would shut down everything.   

Anybody have any ideas? Thx!

Sounds like a bad battery terminal/cable connection?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Bri892001
Date Posted: August-13-2017 at 9:05pm
Chances are they disconnected the battery to do the stereo work, sounds like Pete is on the right track. Maybe it wasn't reconnected properly, or tight enough.

Print Page | Close Window