Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42055
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 9:06am

Topic: Fuel seeping out Fuel vent
Posted By: 2tall
Subject: Fuel seeping out Fuel vent
Date Posted: October-17-2017 at 6:12pm
I have winterized for the season, but I have my 1996 ski nautique with the GT-40 outside cleaning up and waxing and just hanging around wishing it were summer again. I smelled gas, I traced it to the little vent on the transom on the starboard side. It looks like a little fuel vent.I have never had a gas smell come from that before. Now it is seeping gasoline a little at a time. Enough to wet a paper towel I had wrapped around it for the day yesterday in case it seeped more. Is my tank too full? I had back seat out and there is at least an inch of space before the fuel level on the tanks in the back. Any thoughts?

-------------
2Tall - 1996 Ski Nautique GT-40

Replies:
Posted By: M3Fan
Date Posted: October-17-2017 at 6:40pm
Yeah, just a classic full tank + expansion/contraction situation. Happens. One of the reasons I don't store the boat with a full tank.

-------------
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: October-17-2017 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Yeah, just a classic full tank + expansion/contraction situation. Happens. One of the reasons I don't store the boat with a full tank.

JD,
I agree with Joel. You bought cold fuel and it warmed up. Also, the tank fill level and the angle of the trailer makes a difference.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: 2tall
Date Posted: October-17-2017 at 8:41pm
Thanks guys. I was under the impression that a tank that is only partially full will get water condensation inside the tank, then that condensation ends up in the fuel and your entire system the next season?

-------------
2Tall - 1996 Ski Nautique GT-40

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: October-17-2017 at 11:21pm
Take some gas out and use it in your sled, your tank is plastic it won't sweat as much as a steel tank.

Print Page | Close Window