Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42066
Printed Date: April-27-2024 at 10:30am

Topic: Fuel stabilizer of choice?
Posted By: cragginshred
Subject: Fuel stabilizer of choice?
Date Posted: October-22-2017 at 2:02pm
Which fuel stabile do you use for winter? I filled my boat with premium fuel now want to treat it to keep it good. BG has some good products but did not know if I needed to drier for ethanol too?

Replies:
Posted By: MrMcD
Date Posted: October-22-2017 at 4:52pm
I have used Stabil and Sea Foam. If you read the fine print Stabil says it only works for 6 mos.   Sea Foam says it works for 12 mos.   Have not tried any other brands.

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: October-22-2017 at 5:54pm
https://www.boatingmag.com/gear/boatinglab-tests-fuel-stabilizers#page-12" rel="nofollow - Per boating magazine testing, looks like Biobor EB comes out on top. I've always just used regular Sta-bil and have never had a problem. I do use 50% more than recommended since the ethanol came out.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: 63 Skier
Date Posted: October-23-2017 at 12:12am
I use the blue Sta-bil. Pete, doesn't make a lot of sense to use the regular red Sta-bil when the blue is formulated for ethanol in fuel.

I use it all summer long, every fill-up. Some people think I'm wasting my money, and maybe they are right, hard to prove one way or the other. But, knowing a bit about fuel and how ethanol reacts makes me want to have protection all the time, and for the few bucks a season it costs me I figure why not. I double the dose for off season storage, as recommended.

-------------
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: October-23-2017 at 7:43am
David,
Years back when Gold Eagle came out with the marine version, I did buy some and used it. As with anything labeled "marine", they sure get more $$ for it so I went back to the regular since Gold Eagle states it works on ethanol too.   

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: rebel skier
Date Posted: October-23-2017 at 1:04pm
I switched over to the Lucas Safeguard stabilizer when it appeared at my auto parts store. I have always had good luck with Lucas products so I gave it a try. Does it work? I don't know. I have never really had any issues with gas.

I have also started to use their Slick Mist interior spray for my vinyl. Smells great and does not leave my vinyl slippery like 303 does. Says it is water based with UV inhibitors. So far so good on it too.

-------------
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!

Posted By: 63 Skier
Date Posted: October-23-2017 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

David,
Years back when Gold Eagle came out with the marine version, I did buy some and used it. As with anything labeled "marine", they sure get more $$ for it so I went back to the regular since Gold Eagle states it works on ethanol too.   

So that's why you use the low end Fram oil filters as well, because they are cheap and on the box they say they provide superior filtration???

-------------
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: October-23-2017 at 1:17pm
I use seafoam and try to store with as little fuel as possible, the fuel injected/EI motors do not react well to old gas even when treated.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Print Page | Close Window