Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42232
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 12:15pm

Topic: Tim - Atlanta airport?
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Subject: Tim - Atlanta airport?
Date Posted: December-17-2017 at 8:58pm
Is your building affected by the power outage?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Replies:
Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: December-17-2017 at 10:35pm
He won't know until he wheels into work on Tuesday Pete

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: December-18-2017 at 8:01am
Business as usual here at Tech-Ops and the weekend crew said nothing happened on this side of the airport. It's times like these where I'm glad I'm not on the front line. You couldn't pay me ENOUGH to deal with the PO'd passengers after yesterdays events. Heard on the radio this morning that some flights are cancelled today. DAL is asking all Non-Revs and Company Biz travelers to avoid ATL until Tuesday...... Never a dull moment round here.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: December-18-2017 at 9:30am
Glad to hear the power is back up. Yes, it had to be real bad with all the PO'd passengers. Per the news, it was caused by a fire in an underground transformer vault. I suspect the utility was pushing more amps through equipment not designed to handle it. I've see it several times first hand.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Air206
Date Posted: December-18-2017 at 10:01am
#hackjob

-------------
https://tinyurl.com/y6t5e3bu" rel="nofollow - 04 Air206
http://tinyurl.com/9urzgls" rel="nofollow - 91 Barefoot
78 SkiTiq

Posted By: phatsat67
Date Posted: December-18-2017 at 10:18am
My best friend flew in there yesterday. He was walking to the baggage claim and bam darkness. His fiance and her family were stranded in Kansas City likely over night,

He did what any of us would do, headed to the bar to drink until further instructions were given.

Date Posted: December-18-2017 at 10:44am
The question is.....What's Next? Snow Storm AND power outage before the Winter Solstice shutting down the worlds busiest Airport? Tornado's in January? Another Ice storm in Feb?

Come on Spring!

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: December-18-2017 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Come on Spring!

Nah! Most of the snomo trails just opened yesterday, Lake trails being marked today. The ice fishing started a couple weeks ago.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: tryathlete
Date Posted: December-18-2017 at 11:19am
Yeah DAL’s Superior on-time and cancellation rank just hit the skids. It’s never good to be #1 with a target on your back.

I heard they took some folks off via slides but cannot confirm. Those stuck on planes had water, lights, hopefully AC for charging, and serviceable lavatories—bless the APU. 6 extra hours is not fun, esp. if coming in from Paris or the like.

Date Posted: December-18-2017 at 1:08pm
Reports are in that Chick-fil-a came to the rescue for many stranded travelers and they are closed on Sunday. WoW!

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Nah! Most of the snomo trails just opened yesterday, Lake trails being marked today. The ice fishing started a couple weeks ago.

I've worn a couple of sweaters once, put the shorts aside a few times to wear jeans at the request of the GF, wore a leather jacket once and busted out the jeans and ski jacket as we headed off to Six Flags over GA to ride a few roller coasters in 38'F weather last Sat. I've had my fill of cold.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window