Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42485
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 5:53am

Topic: Mold
Posted By: Blamey
Subject: Mold
Date Posted: March-11-2018 at 12:43pm
I installed a shrink wrap door on my new to me 230 so I could play in the boat while the weather is still bad. Yesterday, going through the boat I noticed mold in a few places. Everything is out if sight, like under seats or in the engine compartment.

Should I deal with this ASAP or is this something normal that can be cleaned up in a few weeks when I take the shrink wrap off.

I'm going back to the boat today and will put some damp rid in the boat and spay anything I can get to down with a vinger solution but with the shrink wrap on, I can't get to everything today.

-------------
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme

Replies:
Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: March-11-2018 at 2:40pm
Lift seat cushions up so that air can get to the mold areas. Clean them now if you can. The mold actually grows into the vinyl, so better to stop it early.

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Posted By: Blamey
Date Posted: March-11-2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Lift seat cushions up so that air can get to the mold areas. Clean them now if you can. The mold actually grows into the vinyl, so better to stop it early.

Thanks,

I've cleaned as much as I can with the shrink wrap still on. I'm able to get to pretty much everything besides the engine hatch.

I'll leave it as is for the next week then check on the boat next week and take the wrap off as soon as the wether forecast looks clear.

-------------
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme

Print Page | Close Window