Forum Name: Boat Parts Wanted
Forum Discription: Parts wanted only
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42795
Printed Date: March-28-2024 at 6:35am

Topic: 454 Engine Box
Posted By: beardo73
Subject: 454 Engine Box
Date Posted: May-16-2018 at 2:29pm
Hi all. Looking for an engine box for my 88' Martinique. It will need to fit over a 454 engine. I am looking for one that has a skin on it and could be functional for the summer while the one I have is away getting all pretty. Let me know what you have!

Thanks!

-------------
1988 Correct Craft Martinique B/R, PCM 454, ~577 HRS.

Replies:
Posted By: ScottZ
Date Posted: May-31-2018 at 1:08am
I have one that came out of a 86 or 87 Martinique. The boat had a 351 in it but I think the engine box would be a standard size. You can contact me directly at 205-755-3397.

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Date Posted: May-31-2018 at 9:20am
Thanks for checking in ScottZ. Unfortunately, I do not believe they are the same... I actually have a really nice motor box from an 86' Martinique that had a 351 in it. When I went to see if the shoe fits, the width & length was fine, but it was the height that was about 4 inches short.

I could also be entirely mistaken and it could be a style thing-- the one that I have for a 351 has cup holders in it and is closer to an actual 'box' shape (less angles). The one that I have that came with the boat for the 454-- that one has a very high profile, lots of angles, and is more.. uniquely(?) shaped.

I will still try to get in touch this weekend. Maybe send some pictures to and from. I have the 454 box in the shop currently getting a temporary skin. But I will still be waiting on that for a few weeks.

Thanks again for reaching out!

-------------

Posted By: KippCheek
Date Posted: June-20-2018 at 7:29am
I have one in Charlotte that should work. Came out of an 89 BFN.

-------------
Kipp Cheek
704-363-6676

Date Posted: June-20-2018 at 9:12am
Hi, KippCheek. I appreciate the heads up on that motor cover out of the '89 BFN. That would work, but unfortunately, I do not need one anymore. I wasn't having much luck, so I sucked it up and had the one I have re-foamed and reupholstered. Took about 3 weeks, but I am good to go for the summer. I will keep your contact listed and possibly inquire this winter about it when I completely redo the interior.

Thanks!

-------------

Posted By: Kat Daddy
Date Posted: June-20-2018 at 2:45pm
Do you still have that boat, are you parting items out?

Date Posted: June-20-2018 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Kat Daddy Kat Daddy wrote:

If you are questioning my boat-- I am not parting out the '88 Martinique. I am acquiring spare parts/missing pieces off of mine. I actually got the '86 parts from another thread on here.

However, if you are looking for interior parts-- I do have some spare parts from that.

Of course, all if you need Martinique pieces! Thanks!

-------------

Posted By: KippCheek
Date Posted: June-20-2018 at 5:10pm
10-4 sounds good. I have a back seat as well. Both look bad, upholstery and foam is bad, but structure is good.

-------------
Kipp Cheek
704-363-6676

Date Posted: July-11-2018 at 12:50am

Hey Kat Daddy,
I am in Clanton and have a fair amount of parts. You can contact me at 205-755-3397.
Scott

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Date Posted: July-11-2018 at 12:51am
Originally posted by beardo73 beardo73 wrote:

If you are questioning my boat-- I am not parting out the '88 Martinique. I am acquiring spare parts/missing pieces off of mine. I actually got the '86 parts from another thread on here.

However, if you are looking for interior parts-- I do have some spare parts from that.

Of course, all if you need Martinique pieces! Thanks!

I have some Martinique parts as well.

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Print Page | Close Window