Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43172
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 2:53am

Topic: Repairing Speedo Pickup Hack Job
Posted By: kbahus
Subject: Repairing Speedo Pickup Hack Job
Date Posted: July-16-2018 at 11:41pm
Hello,

New to the forum and I am hoping to get some advice on how to repair this damage. This 88 SN2001 is a recent addition to the family and has been a fantastic boat. While cleaning it today on the lift I bumped the speedo pickup and noticed it was little loose so I decided to investigate further. There was plenty of caulking around it and a rusty screw visible. I first attempted to tighten the screws but they were both spinners so I backed them out and found a mess covered by the silicone. Looks like it was damaged at some point and then poorly repaired. There is definite water intrusion on the right screw hole where the rusty screw was. What is the best method to deal with this problem? We are hoping to make this boat last many years to come and certainly do not want to have any rotten wood issues.

Replies:
Posted By: gt40KS
Date Posted: July-17-2018 at 1:30am
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Probably not what you want to hear but 88' = wood stringers. I'd investigate a bit further before just patching those holes. If the water has been getting in for a while you may have a mess further in there than you think. With screws that long (and looks like at least the one wasn't a stainless screw) and spinning in those holes, I'd say that it is a good possibility.

-------------
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40

Print Page | Close Window