Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46758
Printed Date: April-27-2024 at 3:00pm

Topic: Obsessed Much?
Posted By: stepper459
Subject: Obsessed Much?
Date Posted: August-30-2018 at 3:35pm
My boat is this month on the CCFan calendar. Thanks, by the way!

The background of my computer is a picture of our favorite spot on the lake.
Four of the five pictures next to the calendar are from the lake.
To the right is a blown-up old postcard of a moonlight scene on the lake (artist's rendering).
To the left is a handy chart of 2018 moon phases (so I can better plan night outings on the lake - great present from my wife).
Under the boat lamp is a shift knob from my old boat and a piece of its hull from where I drilled out a new through-hull fitting, along with the factory shift knob from the Nautique.
Out of frame, but also in my office: a collage of pictures from the lake taken from the exact same spot but in different seasons, sunrise/sunset, moonrise, even on snow. Then a chart of the lake on the opposite wall.

I swear, there are also pictures of my family. And I do get work done here.

Replies:
Posted By: rolleronariver
Date Posted: August-30-2018 at 5:09pm
No need to fill bad. In my office I have one wall full of motorcycles from back in my racing days and one wall full of nautique and lake stuff. I probably have close to 15 pictures of the lake in frames. The other wall is my hunting wall. I even have a few mounts on it.

-------------
92 Sport nautique

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: August-30-2018 at 6:18pm
I like the artist’s rendering of the chair lift ride.

Posted By: jimsport93
Date Posted: August-30-2018 at 8:02pm
You are in good company.....we understand!
Great calendar shot by the way   

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2798 - 93 Sport Nautique

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: August-31-2018 at 11:19am
I am similarly guilty regarding office decor

Stock boating art

My calendar shot is many years old, so relegated to garage wall

-------------

Date Posted: August-31-2018 at 11:33am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

I like the artist’s rendering of the chair lift ride.

Haha well, close. You must be referring to the kid art. It's a drawing of the family, with each person identified with a giant line and then a letter - "M" is for "Mom" in this case.

Man, I love kid art.

Date Posted: August-31-2018 at 11:36am
Man, my wall isn't nearly as organized as some. I just moved to this office in January, but still.

Glad to see I'm not alone haha. You better believe I'm keeping the calendar, somewhere. I think the one in the garage at the lake is from 1986, maybe I could update it.

When I worked at a marina I was more justified in covering my wall with lake stuff. I actually left behind a cool poster of all the parts of a wooden runabout identified, like an exploded diagram. Should have kept that one! That, and a 4-blade prop that someone turned into a 3-blade with a submerged rock. I'd get a lot more questions about that on my wall where I am now. Mostly people just said, "Oooh that looks like it was expensive"

Print Page | Close Window