Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46798
Printed Date: April-27-2024 at 1:26am

Topic: DUI iginition wires?
Posted By: Ubugarrity
Subject: DUI iginition wires?
Date Posted: September-09-2018 at 6:14pm
Does anyone know what spark plug wires are needed for DUI Ignition? I would like to get locally if possible from auto store but would need a part number or vehicle reference.
Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: Jonny Quest
Date Posted: September-09-2018 at 7:02pm
You can go to the local auto parts store. Make sure that you get female HEI plug wires at the distributor end.

As this is a marine application, the typical "vehicle specific" approach can be hit-and-miss. The exhaust manifold and risers may require the custom approach. As such, the best option, IMO, is to buy a cut-to-length kit and build your own wires.

JQ

-------------
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Posted By: KRoundy
Date Posted: September-15-2018 at 8:29pm
I purchased a special tool and a kit to make the wires myself. It worked very well and I highly recommend this approach. There should be a link in the FAQ. Hang on a second....

-------------
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow

Posted By: KRoundy
Date Posted: September-15-2018 at 8:32pm
I found it! I did the same thing as JPASS, got the same crimping tool and everything - I went with red wires and they still look great. Custom fit is the best when switching to a DUI. Looks good, performs well.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34338&title=protec-ignition-swap" rel="nofollow - Link for DUI installation

-------------
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow

Posted By: Dreaming
Date Posted: September-19-2018 at 9:42pm
I saw the custom fit wires on the shelf at my local speed shop a couple of weeks ago when I was shopping for carburetor gaskets.   You may be able to find them locally if that is what you're after.

Print Page | Close Window