Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4685
Printed Date: May-17-2024 at 10:57pm

Topic: stereo
Posted By: pinelake
Subject: stereo
Date Posted: September-03-2006 at 1:31pm
right from my last post, my wife didn't marry me cause i am a pratical kind of guy. I have bought an old marine stereo on ebay. I have installed it and it works fine. Its just that I seem to have a deep inbuilt belief that you shouldn't ground it to the battery. I can't find anywhere else that works to use as a ground. Am I just being stuipid. It maybe down to the fact that i have spent the weekend wiring a stereo with out drilling any holes, that can be a bitch. How anyone can drill a hole in a perfectly good boat is beyond me. somebody help remedial boy

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: September-03-2006 at 2:30pm
Grounding to the battery (or engine block) is really the only choice you have on a boat.

-------------

Posted By: Tribal150
Date Posted: September-03-2006 at 9:43pm
You should be able to ground to your gauges.

Rob

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=796&sort=Year&pagenum=2&yrstart=1976&yrend=1976 - 1976 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: September-04-2006 at 4:42am
Yep! I agree with Rob.Run a small grnd wire to the post where your gages are grnd too.
Foot

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: September-04-2006 at 8:27pm
That would probably work, but its not ideal. Depending on the year, the ground wires to the dash are barely sufficient for the gauges alone. Its pretty important to have a good ground going to the stereo, so Id bulk up the ground to the dash if you go that route.

-------------

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: September-05-2006 at 9:58am
i ran a seperate circuit to the front of mine,#10 {trolling motor cable] to a buss bar.This gives you plenty of places for xtras,amps,sat. radio and any thing else that needs power or a ground. breaker at the battery is required,helped with the speaker hiss & noise too. boat dr

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Print Page | Close Window