Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47174
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 12:37pm

Topic: Hein Werner WS floor jack
Posted By: RJD
Subject: Hein Werner WS floor jack
Date Posted: February-02-2019 at 7:40pm
Anyone have any knowledge regarding a rebuild of this specific jack? It has an unusual set up for the control valve and I am not sure how to adjust it. All I can find on line is a parts explosion which has no instructions. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-02-2019 at 7:49pm
Rick,
What is the jack not doing? Is there any resistance when you pump it? Is it leaking and if so, where?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: February-02-2019 at 7:59pm
Can't help. But I used to have a nice Hein Warner,nice one piece handle,loved that jack. Pulled many a VW motor. After many years started having trouble with it, took it in to a service center never did work the same. Thru it out bought a Sears. Lasted a quarter of the time the HW did and did alot less work. Seal started leaking on that this year and typical Sears can't get parts- not that I'd bother anyway. Now I'm on on to Harbor Freight,so far so good.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: RJD
Date Posted: February-02-2019 at 8:37pm
It was not leaking externally but it would bleed down with a load on it. I suspected the valve, Took the valve apart, cannot find anything obviously wrong! The valve assembly is a strange assembly of threaded parts.. What you would expect to open and close the valve are not the pieces that move. Gary, I bought one of the HF aluminum jacks and IMHO it is a toy compared to the HW. It is totally taxed getting one wheel of my pickup off the ground.

Print Page | Close Window