Print Page | Close Window

Mystery holes

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47405
Printed Date: April-25-2024 at 10:06am

Topic: Mystery holes
Posted By: Thomasn
Subject: Mystery holes
Date Posted: May-02-2019 at 1:03am
My son and I are in the middle of restoring our 1961 compact skier.
We pulled up the floor boards and can see 3 holes, like 3/8 going thru
the center stringer, directly in front of the engine. Looks like the stringer may be beefed up a bit and there apears to have a plate previously mounted on both sides of the stringer. Now, I am wondering if these 3 holes may have been for mounting a ski tower and since been removed. At any rate, I dont want to leave these holes open and allow bilge water in untreated wood. If they are intended for a ski tower I would like to reinstall one.
This little gem is starting to look good again and I want it as original as I can get it.
Thanks, all advice appreciated, and I am still hoping to find the starboard side windshield wing window.
TF

-------------
Thomasn

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: May-02-2019 at 7:21am
Tom,
I'd say the holes are not from a factory pylon. A pylon of that era would be fastened towards the top on the bulkhead between the fore and aft cockpits, go through a hole in the sole (floor) and then at the bottom would be attached to the inner keel with a clevis. A picture may help to determine what the holes were from.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: May-02-2019 at 10:52am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Tom,
I'd say the holes are not from a factory pylon. A pylon of that era would be fastened towards the top on the bulkhead between the fore and aft cockpits, go through a hole in the sole (floor) and then at the bottom would be attached to the inner keel with a clevis. A picture may help to determine what the holes were from.

-------------
Thomasn

Date Posted: May-02-2019 at 10:56am
Thanks Pete, I will try and get a close up picture, hopefully by Sunday maybe. I am fixing to to to the hospital for some surgery on my artieries this morning and not sure when I will be able to get out to the shop.

-------------
Thomasn

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: May-11-2019 at 6:10pm
Tom,
Hopefully everything went well with the procedure and you can continue working on the boat. A father son project is admirable and rewarding. I wish I had done more with my son.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: May-11-2019 at 8:23pm
Thank you, I think the surgery went ok, I hope to get back out there in a few days. My boys and I enjoy doing a project, the bigger the challenge the better,
Thanks for the support,
TF

-------------
Thomasn

Print Page | Close Window