Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47909
Printed Date: April-26-2024 at 3:56pm

Topic: Swim platform for 1967 Mustang
Posted By: nknupp
Subject: Swim platform for 1967 Mustang
Date Posted: August-12-2019 at 10:36pm
I have read that the Mustang did not have a swim platform until 1978 however I am interested in putting one on my 1967. Any suggestions from someone who has done this much appreciated especially with regard to mounting hardware placement.

-------------
Nevil Knupp

Replies:
Posted By: zwoobah
Date Posted: August-13-2019 at 1:39pm
I've been thinking about the same thing for my '68 Mustang. I'd use the boat a lot more if people could climb in/out on the water.

http://www.alloymarine.com/indexII/swimdeck.htm" rel="nofollow - Alloy Marine has the measurements for swim platform brackets on these boats. I've contacted him and he was very helpful. They are expensive, but I like the idea of an easily removable platform.

I have a platform from a '78 American Skier that I sanded and refinished with teak oil. The width is correct but the Mustang has more curve to the stern, so the later platform will need to be cut. I have factory brackets from the '78 and another set that were removed from a '68 thanks to TRBenj. Haven't decided if I will use these or order new from Alloy.

Plan for this fall is to pull my gas tank and send it out for boiling/coating, While the tank is out I will fit the brackets. I'll use a sharpie to mark the water line on the hull before I pull the boat out of the water.

-------------
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered

Posted By: 93/70 ccpb
Date Posted: August-14-2019 at 2:58am
check out colin,s 1966 mustang/tealgreen color on classic correct craft,he is site administer,he added platform and looks great,

-------------
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!

Date Posted: August-14-2019 at 10:37am
Thanks. I am a newbie on this forum. When I search 1966 or Mustang or Colin all I find is your comment. Any search tips!

-------------
Nevil Knupp

Posted By: 93/70 ccpb
Date Posted: August-15-2019 at 1:32am
sorry the classic correct craft site is on facebook,

-------------
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!

Date Posted: August-15-2019 at 10:59am
Thanks! I just joined it.

-------------
Nevil Knupp

Posted By: illiniball2000
Date Posted: August-15-2019 at 12:05pm
I have a platform that n a 67 Starflite that I have been told is similar hull to the Baracuda. I had the platform made new a couple years ago as I broke the previous one. It has removable brackets that came off of a donor boat that I bought. I have started parting the Starflite out. If interested I could get some pictures or might have some on my computer at home.

-------------
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite

Date Posted: August-15-2019 at 1:25pm
Thank you. I am planning an install on a 1967 Mustang and I have no idea how similar that is to the Barracuda or Starflite??

-------------
Nevil Knupp

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: August-15-2019 at 1:30pm
Not very... platform width may be close but the rise and swing on the brackets are likely quite different.

One vote for not adding a platform to a vintage 16’ boat. Looks bad and you’ll need to do quite a bit of reinforcing. I’ve de-platformed 2 60’s mustangs in recent years and the transom is quite a bit thinner than the 70’s boats that had platforms from the factory. The weight and flex can cause significant cracking.

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: August-15-2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

One vote for not adding a platform to a vintage 16’ boat. Looks bad .

Nevil,
Add another vote for no platform. Back in the era, we used to use over the gunnel ladders. They still make them and it won't destroy the looks of a classic 60's Mustang.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Print Page | Close Window