Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48193
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 7:16pm

Topic: Accelerator Pump Squirter Assy Question
Posted By: davidg
Subject: Accelerator Pump Squirter Assy Question
Date Posted: November-03-2019 at 5:45pm
Hi Guys! I pulled the carb off my '87 Martinique (351 w/4160 carb) to have a look at it in the off season. Seems to run pretty good with the exception of a fairly consistent stumble when you hit the gas. So, I took a look today to see what might be happening. First thing I will do is fine tune the accelerator pump arm to tighten it up a bit (less slop).

The other thing I noticed was the squirter assembly. There is the #25 nozzle, washer, and a needle valve (I assume pointed end goes down....I didn't see how it came out).

Question: Is there supposed to be a steel ball under the needle?

Anything else that might be worth checking out for the off-idle stumble (and difficulty in starting without a couple of gooses on the throttle after it fires once and dies)?

Replies:
Posted By: Jonny Quest
Date Posted: November-03-2019 at 6:43pm
Here is a link to an exploded view of the carb (compliments of Holley's Library). You may find your answer there.

https://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_4150_4160_exploded_view.pdf" rel="nofollow - LINK

-------------
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Posted By: davidg
Date Posted: November-03-2019 at 7:20pm
Thanks JQ! That is very helpful. Looks like there was a check ball used in the mid-70's and earlier carbs. I think I have everything based on what I'm seeing in the schematic.

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: November-03-2019 at 9:07pm
Like you said, you have everything you need for a later carburetor.

Print Page | Close Window