Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48717
Printed Date: April-19-2024 at 8:44pm

Topic: Bimini Top
Posted By: illiniball2000
Subject: Bimini Top
Date Posted: May-22-2020 at 6:19pm
Anyone have suggestions on a place for a Bimini tops? Going to add one to my 87 Dominique and was looking for some direction from those who have had good luck with purchases.
Thanks,
Brian

-------------
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite

Replies:
Posted By: DVskier
Date Posted: May-23-2020 at 10:31am
I bought Carver Bimini from Overtons 10 years ago. Sunbrella fabric, highly recommended.

Posted By: Jonny Quest
Date Posted: May-23-2020 at 12:02pm
NorthStar Products

Super-high quality and stainless steel tubing / hardware. Not cheap. $750+

https://northstarproductsinc.com/" rel="nofollow - LINK to NorthStar Products

JQ

-------------
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: May-23-2020 at 2:27pm
Be forewarned stainless tubing tops are very heavy. I have one on my Florida boat,granted it's larger than a ski boat top but you have to lift it by the straps,too hard to dead lift hanging over the windshield

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: tryathlete
Date Posted: May-23-2020 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Be forewarned stainless tubing tops are very heavy. I have one on my Florida boat,granted it's larger than a ski boat top but you have to lift it by the straps,too hard to dead lift hanging over the windshield

They’re heavier but they don’t need straps. Maybe it’s time for some upper body training?

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: May-23-2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

They’re heavier but they don’t need straps. Maybe it’s time for some upper body training?

Now that Gary is retired, I'm sure he could use some training. Even when he was working, I have a feeling he never had to get those spurs on ether. Too many years in the bucket.    

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: May-23-2020 at 6:37pm
Until this Chinese Virus showed up I'd be willing to bet I spent more time at the gym than you two put together. Peter what top does not need straps?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: May-23-2020 at 10:18pm
You are officially IronGary! Great to hear your beefing up! Never hurts to put time into your health like that. I do a lot of indoor cycling and bought a Bowflex. Gym with frequent flier miles when Covid hit. Two weeks after I redeemed those miles they tripled the cost in miles for the gym. Whew.

The Biminis on many newer ski boats including my off-brand inferior version has six stainless steel quick connects and. No straps. I’ll send you a pic on your cell as it’s on my phone and not easy to post.

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: May-23-2020 at 10:20pm

You are officially IronGary! Great to hear your beefing up! Never hurts to put time into your health like that. I do a lot of indoor cycling and bought a Bowflex. Gym with frequent flier miles when Covid hit. Two weeks after I redeemed those miles they tripled the cost in miles for the gym. Whew.

The Biminis on many newer ski boats including my off-brand inferior version has six stainless steel quick connects and. No straps. I’ll send you a pic on your cell as it’s on my phone and not easy to post.

How's that inferior version running?

Date Posted: May-23-2020 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

How's that inferior version running?

Ran great until I botched the impeller replacement! All good now that all the pieces were rodded out of the trans cooler. Sheesh. Oh and did I mention my lift chain broke the first raise of the season with the boat 1/2 way up? Yeah. Life is great!

Print Page | Close Window