Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48767
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 3:28am

Topic: GT40 oil pan hose washer cracked
Posted By: Canuck-Surfer
Subject: GT40 oil pan hose washer cracked
Date Posted: May-30-2020 at 12:46pm
While putting the drain hose back onto the oil pan during the GT40 rebuild, I over tightened the elbow connector that screws into the oil pan and cracked the hard plastic washer. The boat is sitting in the driveway while I work on the gelcoat and waiting to get the transmission put in. I've had some oily residue coming out of the hull drain port that I first thought was just from a dirty bilge, but I got in last night and discovered oil is leaking out of the oil pan at the drain hose elbow.

Does anyone know the specs on the plastic washer? Can I just take it to my local auto parts store and find something similar? I don't even see it listed on Skidim.

Thoughts?

-------------
1996 Sport Nautique GT40 EFI

Replies:
Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: May-30-2020 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Canuck-Surfer Canuck-Surfer wrote:

Does anyone know the specs on the plastic washer? Can I just take it to my local auto parts store and find something similar? I don't even see it listed on Skidim.

Thoughts?

Do what you just said, take it to the local auto parts store and they should be able to come up with a replacement rather easily

Posted By: Canuck-Surfer
Date Posted: May-31-2020 at 3:34pm
So I found the oil hose kit on Nautique Parts and in the picture of the kit it showed a metal washer with a rubber inner ring. Went to the local auto parts store and we found a Dorman kit of 2 oil plug washer with integrated gasket. For anyone else looking its Dorman part 65274. Picture attached. Also...it can be found on Amazon but for 3 times the price as the local auto parts store!

-------------
1996 Sport Nautique GT40 EFI

Print Page | Close Window