Print Page | Close Window

voltage indicator

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50138
Printed Date: May-17-2024 at 4:51pm

Topic: voltage indicator
Posted By: 91SpNautique
Subject: voltage indicator
Date Posted: August-15-2021 at 10:12pm

Replies:
Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: August-16-2021 at 6:14am
Something tells me you're  having trouble posting anything after you filled in the title.

Your only other post (from last October) is blank too

If you go to the Quick Reply box that's at the bottom of the page after this post, fill it in with your words and click Reply Wink

Posted By: 359
Date Posted: September-02-2021 at 12:59pm
I clicked on thios thread because I noticed something peculiar on my boat. When running, it will maybe show 12 volts, and when I turn the lights on, it drops down to 10 volts. I'm going to take some tools next time I go and check to see if the gauge is accurate.

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: September-02-2021 at 1:50pm
Your dash instrument wiring isn't the best, but that's how CC built it.  You might say it's normalWink

When you turn the lights on, you'll probably notice your gas gauge change, your oil pressure change and your engine temperature change. They're not really changing, just the indication is changing due to voltage drop to the instruments when a load powered from the dash wiring is started.

You'll see the same thing when you turn the blower on.

Your gauge may say 12 volts when running, but you should check battery voltage with a multimeter while the boat is running. It should be more like 13 to 14 volts at the battery if your alternator is working right

Print Page | Close Window