Forum Name: CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
Forum Discription: Discussion around the annual CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5688
Printed Date: March-28-2024 at 6:47pm

Topic: Green Lake camping Info
Posted By: 81nautique
Subject: Green Lake camping Info
Date Posted: February-07-2007 at 4:11pm
Talked to Barb at Hattie Sherwood Campground today. They are not officially open yet but she advised me that since they are getting a tremendous amount of inquiries for sites on our weekend she asks that anyone that would like to reserve a site please mailto:rorfield2804@charter.net - e-mail her with your Name, phone number, what nights you will be staying and a site preference if you have one.

She is only booking to CCFan campers right now but come March 1st they are open for business and these sites will go fast so act now. We will be in site #3 on top of the hill, same as last year.

Replies:
Posted By: p/allen
Date Posted: February-07-2007 at 6:28pm
Alan thanks for the info . I e-mailed right away for lots 21&22 . Th,FR,&SAT nights

Thanks , Pat

-------------
Pat
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/72ccfan/100_5977-1.jpg - My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Date Posted: February-07-2007 at 6:32pm
Your welcome Pat, we're doing Th, Fr, sat and I booked sunday night also just incase we can manage to stay another day.

-------------

Posted By: rleinen79
Date Posted: February-07-2007 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Th,FR,&SAT nights

Same here, but at the Bayview. Good to know some others will be there as well.

Alan...good call on getting the same spot. Last year, that's how we found you guys in the campground. You can definitely be seen from the road. (Hmmm...I wonder if that motorhome with the BEAUTIFUL 81 behind it is with our group?)

Can't wait!

Rob

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7744" rel="nofollow - 2006 Ski 206
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1123" rel="nofollow - 97 SNOB

Posted By: 62 wood
Date Posted: February-07-2007 at 10:56pm
Alan, Rob...still remember that night like it was last month!!!    Meeting everyone and checking out the boats was great..

We will also be at Bay View thurs, fri,sat..

...its been 16 straight days of zero or below, with 4 or 5 more predicted...come on July!!    

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: February-07-2007 at 10:59pm
Wait a minute. I'm not liking the sound of this. "I" talked to Barb at the campground today also. I tried to get lot 27, but when I told her where I was coming from she called me a redneck and laughed at my accent so I decided against it. I can only imagine all the trouble I'd get in surrounded by you guys.

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Date Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Wait a minute. I'm not liking the sound of this. "I" talked to Barb at the campground today also. I tried to get lot 27, but when I told her where I was coming from she called me a redneck and laughed at my accent so I decided against it. I can only imagine all the trouble I'd get in surrounded by you guys.

reid...... you really planning on coming?!!! that'd be COOL!!!...and Hollywood and the boys will make sure to keep you out of trouble..

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:22pm
Steve, I am really trying hard to make it. The spot in the campground is RESERVED. But if Hollywood and Co are going to try and keep me OUT of trouble, then I'm staying home. Me nor the wife have ever stepped foot in WI, so she's game to make it a vaca trip, dogs and all.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:23pm
Reid you coming up ? That would be cool . This campground is a nice place . Lots of CCFs. Good time.    oops one minute after your post

Pat

-------------
Pat
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Date Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:44pm

Steve, I am really trying hard to make it. The spot in the campground is RESERVED. But if Hollywood and Co are going to try and keep me OUT of trouble, then I'm staying home. Me nor the wife have ever stepped foot in WI, so she's game to make it a vaca trip, dogs and all.

...well ,you could hang out with us "old" people!!!....we have an 8;30 curfew.,...

Would love to see you and "the family" make it!!

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 9:49am
reid is coming??? That makes the -4 weather slightly more beareable right now. Looks like there are going to be some FAST boats ripping across GL.

-------------

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 10:12am
I traded emails with Barb- I should be booked thurs-sun nite. Thanks for the heads up Alan!

Reid, if you bring a boat, how do you choose which one?

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

reid is coming??? That makes the -4 weather slightly more beareable right now. Looks like there are going to be some FAST boats ripping across GL.

Hw, Reid coming out will be awesome but it's not working for me on the -4 crap we're dealing with right now. So cold the dog can't even go out and do his business, does the ole 3 leg squat and run. I'm sure he'll be happy to run around with Reid's duo come July.

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 11:13am
Tim, The boat I bring will be determined by how fast YOURS is with its new upgrades, and no sandbaggin' either, but are you bringing it? And wow, I just plotted your trip and you've got 150 miles more than me!

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 11:28am

are you bringing it?

Yep, the boat is coming with me. Im sure youve got a bunch of boats that will outrun me, even with the upgrades. I dont expect to get past 51-52, and even that may be optimistic. Hopefully the Hiteks will get me there.

According to Google maps, the distance to the campground from my parents house (where the boat is) will be 1066 miles. The 120 mile trip to CT from Boston doesnt really count since I wont be towing, but round trip will be close to 2400 miles. That should break the new truck in!

-------------

Posted By: M3Fan
Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 12:25pm
Tim, you'll practically have to do an oil change at the campground

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Tim, you'll practically have to do an oil change at the campground

Almost! Ill probably do one the night before I leave, and another as soon as I get back.

-------------

Posted By: weitekampt
Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:41pm
I may be blind, but is there a website for this campgroung? I see people are reserving sites. Is there a site map? I really don't care, but shade would be nice since I am sure it will either be hot as hell or raining. Or possible tornadoes like Shelbyville!

Thanks,
Todd

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1559&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - 1993 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:46pm
Todd, this is what popped up when I punched Hattie Sherwood into google:

http://www.cityofgreenlake.com/citygl/Runscript.asp?Page=27&p=ASP\Pg27.asp - City of Green Lake

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

I may be blind, but is there a website for this campgroung? I see people are reserving sites. Is there a site map? I really don't care, but shade would be nice since I am sure it will either be hot as hell or raining. Or possible tornadoes like Shelbyville!

Thanks,
Todd

Well Todd, I hope you get the camp site reserved because lord knows you guys are some SERIOUS CAMPERS. Wait till you see these guys set up and break down a camp site, people. It's like the Weitekampt Camping Clinc. Unbelievable.

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:52pm
OUTSTANDING campers, I would recommend getting as close as possible to the the Weitekampts.

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:57pm

Thanks,
Todd

Well Todd, I hope you get the camp site reserved because lord knows you guys are some SERIOUS CAMPERS. Wait till you see these guys set up and break down a camp site, people. It's like the Weitekampt Camping Clinc. Unbelievable.

Todd's wife is one heck of a camp cook too, they really did have their act together. They put us to shame and we've got all the luxuries of home when we camp, I must be getting lazy in my old age.

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:59pm
thanks alan, I did get on the site and find a map. Since I am not familiar with the campground, could somebody make a good recommendation as to a good campsite for tent campers. Heck, I would like to camp next to all you party animals, but afte all the boating, drinkin', eating...I will be in a multi-induced coma and taking up valuable partying real estate next to Alan and his gang.

But can somebody tell me if there are shady sites or is this a fairly open campground? Are teh RV sites that much better than the tent sites? I don't want to take a RV site away from somebody, but if they are shady and nice, I may have to reserve one!

Yeah, we have that camping thing down pretty good. We only went once last year which sucked.

Sorry I missed everyone at Chicago Boat Show. We were there on Saturday. Going to Indy show next weekend. Need me to talk to people there???

Later and looking forward to camping suggestions!

Todd

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1559&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - 1993 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 2:36pm
Todd, I recommend a spot near site 28. Ive never seen the campground before, but that's where theyre booking me. I could use someone close by who knows what the hell theyre doing- I havent set up a tent in years.

Edit: just noticed your signature line about PP. Did Santa come through for you? If so, Im curious if you got the new display- it should match our gauges pretty good.

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 3:09pm
Let's see if I can help with the site selections.

This is site 31-34 viewed from the boat launch

Sites 28-29 to the back in the shaded area

Our Bounder in #3, #1&2 behind and to our left

view from #3 towards the lake

Sites 37 & 38 these are shaded nicely and right on the water

37/38 to the left, boat launch and 31-34 behind, 28-29 to the far right up in the shade

Sites 17-27 all back into a nice tree line, unless they lose trees this winter most all sites had some shade

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 3:12pm
And your twin boats would be at adjacent campgrounds! How cute! Tim, did you get PP?

Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 3:17pm
Todd basicly three sections so to say to the campground. Up on the hill by the bath-house is the RV sites that are fairly shady maybe a little closer together than the others thou. Alan, the Band aka Paul, Pat and some others where in that area

The tents sites along the road leading down to the boat ramp are more open/less shade maybe a little incline. Hollywood was in that area last year.

Then there is another section off to the side of the ramp for tents that is real shadey and a little more shucluded(sp). It over looks the channel and theres a path up the hill to the bath-house. Thats where I was last year and thought these sites where a little larger than some of the others.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Posted By: PLBC
Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 3:18pm
We were in 28 and 29 last year, plenty of shade and right by the ramp. Very good spots.

edit: in regards to 79's post, we spent the first night in the wrong spot (31) then moved to the right spot 28/29. 28 and 29 are much better.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5164&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 99

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 3:28pm

And your twin boats would be at adjacent campgrounds! How cute!

I didnt think of that... super!

No PP for me yet, but its definitely on the list. Ive been hoping they would come out with a new gauge that would match the white Airguides. Maybe next year I will do some electronic work- PP would be a nice addition. Interior and exhaust will keep me busy (and broke) this spring.

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 3:55pm
Well boys, I have been e-mailing barb and told her to mark me down for spot #35. I will include the available she mentioned.

"If you will be tenting/sleeping in the truck (hollywood), I can put you anywhere. Tent spots below are nice. I have 30-34 available in tent. 4-20 and 24-26 in tent/rv.

All the tent ar nice I wuld go with 32 or 35 and up top #12."

I chose 35 because I felt bad hogging up a rv site. She said these were nice. Plus I like watching people at the ramp. Should be close enough. After looking at Alan's pictures, I sure wish she said something about 37+38! Man that would be cool. But if I can at least SEE water I will be happy.

TRBenj, Looks like we are going to be a little far apart. My wife may like us being apart because I will be drooling over your improvements you have made. Plus, if we go for a drunken boat ride, we may get our rides mixed up! No, Santa pimped me this year. No PerfectPa$$. My truck needs $1200 worth of tires before cruise. Hey, why don't you camp next to me!!!!! You may have a hole in the dash and a missing neighbor in the morning.
Tell you what, I'll set up all your camping stuff for your cruise? No problem wiht helping, glad to do it. It is always fun, actually it is more fun to watch others limp along while partaking in a cold beverage. Sorry that was a mean thing to say. But why don't you e-mail her and move on down my way. It would be cool.

Later and I hope this site info from Barb helps others!

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 4:01pm
Sorry, I didn't read properly, so you don't have cruise huh? Looks like we need to be on our best behavior for Santa in '07.

So what have you come up with for the exhaust? This may need to go somewhere else for conversation, but are you still "piping" the boat? I thought you were strokin' the motor this winter? Man, lookin' back on this post it sounds a bit queer huh?

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 5:12pm

This may need to go somewhere else for conversation

Todd, feel free to shoot me an email: TRBenj at gmail dot com. Im running late for a game, Ill fill you in tomorrow!

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 5:53pm
The RV sights are I think 5 bucks more but that is because you get electricity with the spot incase some of you serious tenters need a fan to keep a little cool at night like us .

Pat

-------------
Pat
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Date Posted: February-08-2007 at 6:30pm
Looks like we are moving to 34 now. She shot me a e-mail saying that they just booked 35 under me. So if any of you have 35....better sleep with one eye open or just leave your cooler withing stumbling distance! So we are in for site 34

Later

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Date Posted: February-09-2007 at 10:25am
guess what, we moved again!!! We are going to be at site number 12. If I move again it will be in a anchored boat in the middle of the lake and staying for free!

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: February-09-2007 at 12:26pm
Looks like we're going to have a CCFan community in the ol woods....Fantastic...

Yes, like 81' states, there are only enough spots for the big rigs in this town campground.. Book um quick Danno !!!!

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: February-09-2007 at 9:00pm
Barb sent me an email today and asked me if I knew some guy named reidp and that the spot next to him was open #26 and did I want it, I said only if he stays out of my cooler, so it looks like we have 26, if for some reason we cant make it one you can have that spot!    

Date Posted: February-10-2007 at 6:29pm
Barb called me today and asked if I knew some guy named Mark who was worried about his 6pk cooler of PBR. I've requested a new camp spot.

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: JMurph
Date Posted: February-10-2007 at 8:22pm

....so she's game to make it a vaca trip, dogs and all.

Hey Reid,

Did you get my return email? I'm pretty sure I'm in if you decide to get up there. Let me know if you still have room.

-JMurph

-------------

Date Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:47pm
JMurph, can't recall the email, but I've secured our accomodations for GL with plenty of room for you. I'll fill you in Monday, but it's very cool.

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:55pm
You both are killin' me!

When do you leave for down here? I did not get our shipment yet. You are still coming, right? Talked to 79 and backfoot; they are both in. Easy to get to Marks house. Call me and I'll tell ya how.

Can't wait to see you guys.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: February-14-2007 at 5:14pm
For you Reunioners that don't camp, I just talked to the owner of the Bay View Motel in GL and he reminded me of a 2 room suite he has wide open for the weekend we meet. For those traveling in a group or with a large family, this might be the ticket for you. The room is $220 a night, which might seem expensive, but is actually the cheapest on the lake for accommodations on the water. Boat mooring and all. He also stated for us to keep calling back for rooms as he has some possibly coming open.. So..

Call 920-294-6504 and ask for Bill. Tell him you are part of the CC reunion..

Just thought you'd like to know..

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: Tribal150
Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 9:14pm
Just got my confirmation for site 29 at hattie sherwood campground.

Rob

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=796&sort=Year&pagenum=2&yrstart=1976&yrend=1976 - 1976 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Nautique2001
Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 1:43pm
Is the Bay View Motel near where we meet to go boating???

Ken

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:09pm
Yup, Bay View and Lakeside are both pretty close, IIRC. Both were all booked up last time I called.

-------------

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:13pm
Tim,

I might have asked already, but where are you staying? I don't want to have to spoon with 79Nautique the whole weekend!

Ken

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:24pm
Ken, Ive got a camp site reserved. I figure we'll be on the lake all weekend, so I wont need any fancy accomodations.

I didnt realize it, but the paperwork from the campground says 2 adults per site (max). Im not sure whos making the trip with me yet, so if its more than that, they might be spooning with '79 too!

-------------

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 3:22pm
Yeah, what's the deal with the max 2 adults? I saw that also, but can't imagine the reasoning behind that unless they just need to possibly collect more money for more adults. I was planning on having as many as 4-5 in our group. Some of them act like kids. So hopefully we can pay more or either hide from the camp patrol.

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 3:39pm
Reid,

I'm thinking about it. Last time I pa$$ed by the Harley Plant, and the Mercury Outboard plant. I'd kind of like to take a tour. Only about 45 miles from GL. Talking to the wife tonight. I may just take a week. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:35pm
Am I S.O.L. on getting into this campground? Would I need my own tent and stuff like that? Sorry, don't mean to be ignorant when it comes to this stuff. Looks like it's going to just be me, my wife has a baby shower planned for her sister.

I'll search nearby hotels and motels too. It would be nice if I could be in the same area as you guys. I'm going to book my airline ticket and rental car tomorrow. I'm more concerned about where I'll be sleeping!

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:41pm
Hey, I heard that the Mastercraftfan.com members are coming to camp that weekend too. Here's a glimpse of their happy reunion last year:

-------------

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:49pm
ROFL!!

Where the heck do you find this stuff?

Ken, you'll need a room, I don't see how you'd get enough gear to survive camping on the plane with you. The bayview still has their suite available, it's pricey but if you got a few people to go in on it with you it might be a good option. Right on the water and a block or 2 from the Goose Blind and another couple blocks to the campground.

-------------

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 7:00pm
Alan,

Sounds good. I'll check both Bayview and Goose Blind. I just want to reserve now so I don't miss out. I'll pay more money to have a decent place. I can't wait until GL, I'm still extremely frustrated how NE ended last year!! Just finished paying the balance of my medical bills.

I search for the crap above to get 79 riffing. I know it makes his skin crawl. The power of Google Imagages!

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 7:27pm
Hey Brownie needs a roomate I believe, And Ken I don't believe they have room at the bar for overnite stays. Goose Blind is the bar from what I remember it is next door to the motel Quinner is staying maybe it is called that but I thought it had a different name.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Am I S.O.L. on getting into this campground? Would I need my own tent and stuff like that? Sorry, don't mean to be ignorant when it comes to this stuff. Looks like it's going to just be me, my wife has a baby shower planned for her sister.
Ken

If I were going solo, I'd rent a mini van, and sleep in it. Shower at the camp ground.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 8:20pm

Hey, I heard that the Mastercraftfan.com members are coming to camp that weekend too. Here's a glimpse of their happy reunion last year:

Only kidding!!!

"That boy aint right." Hank Hill

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 9:20pm
Ken, Check this out below if you didn't see it already where I posted in on the GL update thread. Just rent a pop-up camper and the guy will deliver it to the campsite. Something like $180 for the weekend, and it sleeps 4 like yourself or 8 mastercraft fans. You won't need many camping supplies if any.

In regards to alternatve accomodations if Ken and others are still looking, I spoke to a super nice guy this afternoon named Dan from Fox Valley RV rentals in Appleton, WI which isn't too far away. He's still got ample pop-up and motorhome rentals available. He grew up on Green Lake and his parents are retired there. He said it was very possible that he could even deliver a unit or two to the Lake. Anyone interested can reach him at http://www.foxvalleyrv.com/, or 920-303-2741.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 10:14pm
Guys,
Really, there are plenty of rooms either in hotels, B&B's, rental houses etc. Yes, the two prime hotels are taken for the most part, but there are places to stay all over the place.

Check into:
Green Lake Inn
Oakwood Lodge (B&B)
Dartford Inn
McConnell Inn (B&B)
Greenlake Cottages

These are all hotels that are in town and most of them will have availability still this early..

Ken, now untwist your panties and look up these places on the Chamber site and start calling. Also, keep calling the Bayview and Lakside inn back from time to time. Both have constant cancellations..

Bayview has a 2 room suite that for $200 bucks, 4 guys could easily stay, right on the water for $50 bucks a piece...

Let me know if you need any help..

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 10:15pm
Does anybody really know, personally, 8 mastercrap, opps, mastercraft, fans?

john

Mojo: I admit to being a bit confused...you gonna help Ken with the 200 large or with the four guys?

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 11:27pm
Neither Jbear, just throwing some options out there.. Hell, he can sleep in the Taurus for all I care LOL..
Moj

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: February-27-2007 at 11:39pm
Whew! Feel much better now.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 9:07am
Hey Moj,

Thanks for the information. I'm going to make some calls today and book a room.

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 9:13am
[QUOTE=Nautique2001] Hey, I heard that the Mastercraftfan.com members are coming to camp that weekend too. Here's a glimpse of their happy reunion last year:

-------------

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 9:20am
OK, my Brokeback, MasterCraft a$$ociation wasn't too appealing, sorry, poor attempt at humor. Above is my revision.

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 9:51am
Well Ken, I personally enjoyed your original brand. However, while the revision is much better on the eyes, I feel it may be an incorrect depiction of what actually surrounds the average MC fan. You can do better, or more accurate I'm willing to bet.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 9:58am

Hey Moj,

Thanks for the information. I'm going to make some calls today and book a room.

Ken

Ken,
It all depends on what you want to spend, but there are definite choices for sure.. Green Lake in is the closest to the Camp ground, followed by the McConnell Inn B&B....

Good luck !!

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: Keith
Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 11:21am
Ken,
Last year I stayed at the Best Western in Rippon ($65/night). It's about 9 miles away on a straight, open road (15 mins). Not the nicest place but they have wireless internet access so I can update the site.

I'll probably stay there again this year.

My bad earlier about my flight. Last year I flew http://www.midwestairlines.com - Midwest - they have direct flights to Milwaukee from Boston ($223). I will be taking the 12:57 pm flight out of Logan on Friday. I need to get back early on Sunday so I'll be catching the 9:30 am flight back.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
/diaries/details.asp?ID=6170" rel="nofollow - 97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 11:30am
Is this it, Keith?

Best Western Welcome Inn
From: Highway 23, 44 and 49. The Best Western Welcome Inn is located at the intersections of Highway 23, 44

240 E Fond Du Lac St
Ripon, WI 54971
USA

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 11:42am
You two guys need to get that 2 room suite at Bayview. Plus Chris was still hunting a non-spooning pad as well, so there's 3 to help absorb the $200/nite. And you'll be right in the thick. Don't worry about everyone else thinking you're mastercraft fans based off Ken's initial portrayal.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 11:49am
Reid,

I'm down with renting the suite at the Bayview. I'll reserve it if somebody wants to go in on it with me. Only rules are, no spooning, no blanket parties, no hot boxing, etc. My room is my room.

Keith or anyone else who's still looking, please let me know ASAP. I'd prefer to be closer to the happenings, plus I don't want to drive after the festivities.

Keith, I booked my flight out of Boston. I'm on the 11:10AM Midwest flight. Your flight must be booked, however, I'll see if I can be on stand-by for the earlier flight. I'm leaving early Monday AM. I just need a place to crash and a rental car.

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 11:52am
Chris, "79Nautique"

Are you still looking for a place to stay?? Let me know if you're interested in the two room suite. One more person would be ideal, as Reid pointed out.

Ken

-------------

Posted By: Keith
Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 12:19pm
Ken,
My mistake again (working on too many things at once). I looked at my confirmation and my flight on Friday departs at 1:30 pm, arriving in Milwaukee at 3:30 pm.

Thanks for the room offer. I still have to wait to see if my Dad is coming out this year. Can't commit to anything yet.

Yes, that is the Best Western in Rippon where I stayed last year.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
/diaries/details.asp?ID=6170" rel="nofollow - 97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 12:24pm
Keith,

No problem, I'm leaning towards the two bedroom suite, just because it's closer to the lake. I'm avoiding driving after having a few beers in my system. Nine miles is slightly out of the way, but excellent room rate.

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 2:07pm
Ken If your not going to use that slip that comes with the room I could just pass out in the boat and then be ready for the mornings ski, three hours sleep in the boat ya that's the ticket.

-------------

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 2:43pm
Ken, pull the trigger on that Bayview room. You won't be able to find your car after returning from the sand bar, let alone drive to Ripon.

-------------

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 3:37pm

Ken, pull the trigger on that Bayview room. You won't be able to find your car after returning from the sand bar, let alone drive to Ripon.

Not to mention the swim back will be pretty tiring as well.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Not to mention the swim back will be pretty tiring as well.

What does a man have to do to hitch a ride? Maybe I'll need to invest in my own raft.

I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead and reserve the suite. I really hope I can get somebody to split it with. $200 per night is expensive for one person.

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 4:52pm
I just called the Bayview. Everything is booked, including the two room suite. Did somebody already put that room on hold? Anyway, going to check other places.

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 4:53pm
81'Naut, Alan, do we still need a room for the Boarder or Tom?? Maybe they'd want to split the suite with Ken...???

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 5:04pm
That suite is no longer available at the Bayview. I just reserved a room at the Dartford Inn, $85 per night. They still have rooms available.

Thanks,

Ken

-------------

Posted By: rleinen79
Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 5:49pm
FWIW, we stayed at the GL INN last year, and I believe BKH did as well. Nice little place, maybe 3/4 of a mile from the campground. Not on the lake, but not too far away. We got into the Bayview this year, otherwise we would have stayed at the GL Inn again.

Rob

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7744" rel="nofollow - 2006 Ski 206
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1123" rel="nofollow - 97 SNOB

Date Posted: February-28-2007 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

81'Naut, Alan, do we still need a room for the Boarder or Tom?? Maybe they'd want to split the suite with Ken...???

Moj'

The CC guys have been hard to get a hold of this week. You still have one room for friday night right? I think we should hold that for them, last year Thomas took off early sunday am so if they have a room at the lake for friday they may decide to start heading back saturday night and get a head start on the drive. Let you know as soon as I can.

-------------

Date Posted: March-01-2007 at 8:30am
Yes, I have the one night at the Lakeside booked. We'll still need to look at another unless they seek their accommodations on their own.. Let me know when you talk to them Alan..

Thanks
Dave

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: March-01-2007 at 9:13am
Yes, I stayed at Greenlake in last year. Clean, quiet, and close to the guys in the campground. Only about two miles from the launch ramp. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: March-01-2007 at 8:43pm
Reidp,

So I'm trying to catch up to the conversation here, but it has been thrown out that only two adults per camp site is the regulation. What is the status of your site Reid? Is Laurie coming? Should we call to verify how strict this rule is (serious red flag)? I don't want to bank on the camp site, then end up sleeping in your boat. Let me know if I should get a room somewhere and maybe fly in and rent a car. My preference would be the camp site and road trip.

-JMurph

-------------

Date Posted: March-01-2007 at 9:42pm
It'll fly don't worry about it just don't get all crazy loud and out of control. they come around once in awhile to get trash. It's really laid back and the area reid is going to be your off the beaten patch anyway and a little out of site.

-------------

Date Posted: March-01-2007 at 9:47pm
Only 2 adults per site, but you can bring as many dogs as you want..

Date Posted: March-01-2007 at 11:41pm
Guys, like Chris said, this 2 adult thing is not a problem.. Just don't give them cause to hassle you.. They are great people there anyways... If you have more people, no biggy...

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 1:27am
If they are cool about it, then I may have room for 1 or 2 more.....But you must look like this!!

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 8:39am
MM, I said 1 or 2, not "3(.)(.) extra hahahaha

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 8:43am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

If they are cool about it, then I may have room for 1 or 2 more.....But you must look like this!!

MM, Free room and board?! maybe its time for that "operation" Ive been thinking about!!

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 8:49am
Steve that is only free room and board for one week end and yo might want to have the wife bring home a girl friend first to see if she likes it or not.

-------------

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 8:59am
Yeah Chris,
Mrs 62 might notice...never thought about that.... oh well guess I'll have to pay for our own room

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 12:00pm
Well as far as the 2 adult limit goes I just remembered that Paul and the band and the roadies all stayed on one site last year without any problems at all.

-------------

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

It'll fly don't worry about it just don't get all crazy loud and out of control. they come around once in awhile to get trash. It's really laid back and the area reid is going to be your off the beaten patch anyway and a little out of site.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm 95% in for GL.

-------------

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 12:33pm
95% that's BS it should be 100%

Noticed your interior has the same style stripe mine does just different colors.

-------------

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 12:42pm
Chris,

Alright, let's make it 98%.

We do have the same interior, just a different color. When I bought my boat, yours was listed forsale. (Might still be.) I tried to contact you back when there was some problem with the links in the diaries section. I am partial to the blue color scheme. Unfortunately, mine motor looks like jbear's did two weeks ago. I need to get it looking like his current motor. I just don't have the skills myself, so I may need to persuade Reid to into it (at least for advice).

Alright, make it 100%. I'll see you guys there.

-JMurph

-------------

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 1:38pm

don't know yet, if I do I'll be sleeping in the truck. Have to wait and see what I'm doing and where I'm at come July going to try and make it we'll just have to what and see.

95% that's BS it should be 100%

Does that mean youre 100% Chris?

-------------

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 2:13pm
Chris, buddy, you need to come to GL. Register today. What else could be more important than the reunion?

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: March-02-2007 at 2:14pm
Yeah Chris, good question?????

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Print Page | Close Window