Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6816
Printed Date: May-11-2024 at 10:13am

Topic: Vinyl Boat Graphics for Older Boats
Posted By: JAG459
Subject: Vinyl Boat Graphics for Older Boats
Date Posted: May-24-2007 at 8:50pm
The topic of where to get boat graphics for older boats re-appears now and then.
I just finished restoring the gelcoat on my 90 Sport Nautique, and when I went to apply the new graphics I purchased 6 years ago from Correct Craft my worst nightmares came true. I screwed up on the application of one the the SPORT NAUTIQUE GRAPHICS. After spending a week wet sanding and polishing to bring the gelcoat back to a good-as-new shine I wasn't about to settle on less then perfect graphics. I called Correct Craft and they confirmed my worst fears, the graphics were no longer available. As panic set in I got on the internet and came across a vinyl graphics shop that claimed they could do custom art work and transfer it to vinyl. I figured I had nothing to loose so I contacted them and they told me that if I could provide them with a description and dimensions they could reproduce the lettering. I supplied thme with some recent photos and wiht as many dimensions I could take. I thought this was going to cost me a small fortune. Within one day they emailed an estimate for both port & stbd sides for less then $50. This seemed to good to be true so I called to
confirm the price and that they would look similar to the originals, which they assured me they would. In just over a week the new graphics arrived and was I impressed! Not only did they look like the originals, they surpassed them. The shadow effect is much more detailed making the lettering really popout.
So if any of you out there are in need of no longer available graphics I highly recommend "Vinyl Graphics" out of WI. The person to cantact is:
Ryan Krippendorf
Estimator
Phone: 800-521-1884
ryan@vglargeformat.com
I am having them reproduce other graphics that I was reluctant to replace.

Replies:
Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: May-24-2007 at 9:00pm
Just keep in mind that vinyl is going to last about 7 years.

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: mwig3
Date Posted: June-28-2007 at 10:13pm
have a 1979 ski nautique and the "correct craft" plates on both rear sides are broken. where can i find replacments?

also the "ski nautique" and stripes are faded. should i repaint or use vinyl? what course should i pursue in finding someone to do this?

-------------
mwig

Posted By: Mark Mel
Date Posted: June-29-2007 at 2:44pm
You can get the plates from white lake marine. In my opinion you should repaint. The paint lasted 28 years, the vinyl won't last that long.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=972&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1976&yrend=1980" rel="nofollow - 1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct

Print Page | Close Window