Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=728
Printed Date: May-29-2024 at 2:16am

Topic: starter for 302 holman moody
Posted By: JEBell
Subject: starter for 302 holman moody
Date Posted: August-14-2004 at 8:20pm
I have a Martinique powered by a 302 HM,I do not have origanal starter.I have bought a new motorcraft from Discount Inboard ,but it seems the flywheel hits part of the internal casing. I was wondering if it could of had a shim block or something of that nature? It appears to be in 5/16 to 3/8 to much.Also was wondering about a schematic of the engine.

-------------
JEBell 72 Martinique

Replies:
Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: August-15-2004 at 12:37pm
JEBell,
I wasn't aware that the HM starter housing would be any different figuring it would be a standard Ford piece, but you learn something new every day. The HM bellhousing is certainly different. I wish I had an answer. I've got several old HM starters and will have a look Monday. As for schematics, I've got several years worth of HM owner's manuals which I can fax you pages from if you send me a fax number. I will be sending Keith my copies to scan and post in the reference section very soon.

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Posted By: nms1991
Date Posted: August-15-2004 at 1:37pm
JEBell iI think you need a 2" nose cone starter, SKIDim probably sold you a 2 3/8" nose cone starter. The starter is available from anyone that deals with Arco.

Print Page | Close Window