Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7754
Printed Date: May-13-2024 at 2:58pm

Topic: Stereo & Depth finder on 88’ 2001
Posted By: Morfoot
Subject: Stereo & Depth finder on 88’ 2001
Date Posted: July-30-2007 at 6:57pm
I've seen several posts and questions on where to put a stereo or depth finder on a 2001. I've included pic's of both. The head unit just clears the stearing column when inserted but looks great there and easy acess to controls. Only thing I wished that I had done was install a rain cover or marine grade unit as I'm on the 2nd one as a nose plunge shorted out the display on the previous one. Did buy a second SONY which made the swap out complete in 5 minutes. I modified the rear seat area on both sides to include a speaker location, cup/ski lube holder, and cubby hole for whatever.

I used a piece of aluminum for the mount bracket for the Depth Gage display and just screwed it in under the dash.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Replies:
Posted By: 2_Nautiques
Date Posted: July-31-2007 at 11:37am
MorFoot, thats where the dealer installed my radio when I bought the boat new works great there. To install the depth sounder, I removed the clock and put it in that guage hole my radio has a clock in it.

-------------

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1160" rel="nofollow - 1988 Ski Nautique

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: July-31-2007 at 12:21pm
My knee would be gashed if I had a gauge mounted there.....

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: July-31-2007 at 12:40pm
My knee as well...and my radio is in the back of my glove box

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: July-31-2007 at 1:35pm
You guys must be Dancing in the seat or big fella's cause my knee NEVER hits it and I'm a 178 lb, 40 yr old, blonde balding guy.

I got too much junk to store to put a radio un the glove box. Wallets, phones, leathermans, hair scruntchies (3 girls) etc,etc,etc.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: July-31-2007 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

You guys must be Dancing in the seat or big fella's cause my knee NEVER hits it and I'm a 178 lb, 40 yr old, blonde balding guy.

I got too much junk to store to put a radio un the glove box. Wallets, phones, leathermans, hair scruntchies (3 girls) etc,etc,etc.

Hey-

I am not criticizing your mounting location, it is just a thought. A better location would be next to the driver seat facing straight up if it will fit. I find I'm jumping out of the driver seat a lot since I teach a lot of people skiing stuff. My NMMA panel is all scratched up from my knee brace.

Tim

Date Posted: July-31-2007 at 2:01pm
None taken... I considered putting it in the clock location but I'ma " Keep it original" kinda guy like Pete. I've never had a problem with it and I know a few of us don't want to fool with removing the clock.

-------------

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: July-31-2007 at 2:40pm
I'm 6'2" and about 195...and I have to slip into the seat as it is

PO had a radio stolen from the location shown here...that's where I'm gonna put the finder

I have an ugly radio hole in the dash now

but it doesn't look like there's anything to steal either   LOL

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: July-31-2007 at 3:15pm
Morfoot,
You're going to have the same problem with that car radio blowing up without a waterproof cover over it... Do yourself a favor and pull it out and throw the cover
over it !!!

Moj

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: July-31-2007 at 8:33pm
Yeah thanks Moj,I probably should or at least make a slip on cover for it. It's garage kept and I throw a couple of towels over it every night if we do mange to go camping. Like I mentioned had a Automotive one installed originally till the nose dive took out the display after the wall of water came up and over the windsheild. Held up for 4 years until that. even then it still worked just didn't know what station was on.

-------------

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: August-01-2007 at 1:38am
Just installed a stereo under the Correct Craft emblem on my 85. Am I going to catch grief for cutting the dash? The PO had a stereo under the dash directly below the steering column. I've got scrapes on my right thigh as a result. My 85 BFN is pretty spartan, no glove box and little storage. The rear speakers are set up like Morfoot's.
I've got a 200 watt Dual marine stereo with iPod interface, a set of JBL marine speakers, and a waterproof see through cover. Sounds great. $220
Steve

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: Munday
Date Posted: August-02-2007 at 9:40pm
I put mine in the middle of dash on 92SN.

Like above I removed the hour meter and moved it to a bracket I fab off the alt. all correct wires already there.Then added the depth sounder in that hole.

Munday

Print Page | Close Window