Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9544
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 1:12pm

Topic: Has anyone named your Nautique?
Posted By: Morfoot
Subject: Has anyone named your Nautique?
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:17pm
Okay guys,so I'm driving down I-75 and seeing Snowbirds headed both ways (kinda early to be headed north) and some are pulling their boats. Most rigs their pulling aren't too big but have a name on the stern anyway. I even saw a few jet ski's in tow that had been named which leads me to the question.

Have any of you guy's named your ski boat?

Jbear, I think this cold air here in Atlanta might be affecting my brain to ask such a silly question. Might need to head to Fla to warm up. Can't imagine what it's doing to the guy's who are REALLY having to deal with cold weather and don't see their babies for months.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Replies:
Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:37pm
I looked at several but came up with what I thought was a "fitting name" for our old girl....
             " Knot Correct "

Kinda because of the "not period correct " engine/tranny swap..Wanted to see her as an old boat on the outside.The look of a LAMB, and the roar of a LION.........

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:40pm
doc, how about incorrect craft?

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:44pm
Eric, that would be a good name for any boat that you would have.You wont buy a real boat........
Real boats have the motor in the middle and a prop underneath,forward of the RUDDER....
Maybe one day you will return to brotherhood of the true boat owners,we will let you back in in...............Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:49pm
you got it wrong, a real boat has bowtie power in it...i am now the proud owner of a 18" Maxuum with a 305 heavy chevy

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

I looked at several but came up with what I thought was a "fitting name" for our old girl....
             " Knot Correct "

Kinda because of the "not period correct " engine/tranny swap..Wanted to see her as an old boat on the outside.The look of a LAMB, and the roar of a LION.........

Doc, Sounds like a name for a wood boat. How about "not" or Erics idea of "incorrect". I did however look in the ACBS directory and "knot correct" isn't listed.

It is only my personal opinion but I feel names on boats should be on old woodies or larger yachts. Maybe that's because I've see too many people with smaller boats and poor tastes naming their boats.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:09pm
boats i believe are supposed to be named after woman? Doc you should consider Karen on the transom....after all she takes ownership in a couple more weeks

-------------

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:16pm
"Lotsa knots" was what I called my somewhat fast old 58 wooden CC? Or the classic words of Arthur Fonzarelli, "Correct A Mundo", was always a favorite of mine for an older CC. And while none of ours (mine, Marshall's and Rodney's) actually have a name on the transom, they almost all have a name (sometimes catchy) we refer to them as:

Olive Oyl - Rodney's Dark green Mustang
Moody Blue - Rodney's light blue Holman Moody powered Skier
Sally - Marshall's Mustang
Baby Blue - Our light blue Mustang
Orange Crush - 67 orange SN project which Eric is about to RE-stringer.

Still working on a name (i.e., open for suggestions) for the Classic and the 64 SN which we just flipped over(other thread) and are hoping to have ready for GL.

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:22pm
Okay, I'll jump in.
Contrary to Pete's opinion, I did name my boat for our Barefoot Racing team. It's called "Burning Soles"
I'll post a pic, after I figure out the techno-gobledy gook and read the intructions regarding Photobucket (or my son does it).
Steve

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:31pm
I gotta agree with Pete...no names on Nautiques. Correct Craft says it all. To many dumb names on smaller boats.

Foot: We always think of Atlanta as being warm too but I see where you guys have had some cold and snow. If you wanna get warm and head south...c'mon down. My '80 is avalible just 10 minutes from the house and Eddies Am Skier is in his garage. In fact we will be rolling it out here about 2pm this afternoon for a little footin'. I talked to 62wood last weekend...he was heading out to a boat show and it was 14 BELOW zero. No way.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:45pm
Not my Nautique, but I did name my Crownline (even without Jbears approval)! I think it fits!

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:49pm
Cool lookin' boat cat. You sure don't need my approval. Name does fit. Still got it?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:54pm
Still have it Jbear. Bought it new in 98. It is the non inboard of the 4 I now have.

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:55pm
Pete,that is a name given but not added to her stern.....
Knot as in nautical measurment of distance or speed.....
As for wooden boats there should be no voids nor KNOTS in the structure.But can see where your Wooden Mode would kick in..
There are very few ,64 American Skiers that go faster than 50mph much less where our old girl tops out...
Just a different twist on the wording and its meaning..........Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:12pm
How about...KNOT SO FAST...lol

-------------

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:18pm
doc, the only way that queen does 50 is when its on your trailer behind that caravan. notice the edit

-------------

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:26pm
You got something to line up against her????
Green Lake drags said a lot about the BS and the real thing, were you there????
One other boat was faster on top end ,Reid..
The old red boat was the hole shot winner, ask anyone that was there.
Dont remember your trashy butt showing up ,but you talk a good game.........Talk is cheap, speed aint...............Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:29pm
its hear say, legend, myth, i wasnt there but it gives me an idea what i gotta do to be out front

-------------

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:53pm
I WAS there, and looking over my shoulder without squinting my eyes, I saw no Chevys. First thing you need to do is get a Ford.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:05pm
Boat dr...I think the name on the back of "Erics" boat says.. TRANS-VEST-TIGHT..

-------------

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:07pm
Well, since I started this post guess I need to add something to it....

I was jokingly going to name my boat " She Hates Me!" ( got the name from a XFL player) when my 1st wife Screamed and Shouted at me and all at the ramp.... " I hate this F*&$ing Boat" the first time she tried (after several attempts) to put it on the trailer. That was the first and last time I asked her to do it. Doesn't matter now. I divorced her!!! My current wife can back a trailer in better than ALOT of guy's I've seen at the launch pad. Knew I married the right woman then....

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:11pm
Eric,
Sounds like you need a napkin, this is used to wipe that brown stuff off the corner of your mouth.
As stated above there were no BOWTIES in the hunt.
Maybe you can build one that will run with Reid and I , but it aint BS if you can back it up.........
We were there ......you were not .....
      Keep talking SMACK and give it your best shot.We can do a pinks thing if you wish...................Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:19pm
Morfoot, just a little different twist on the loading/trailer thing.
Karen does not like to back down the trailer, she is the champ when it comes to loading and unloading.
She gets lottsa looks as we get ready to launch.Girls aint supposed to be able to do that.
She will bust her off at about 6 feet from the water edge throw her in reverse back her off and be waiting at the ramp, in less time than most guys can unstrap theirs..
She is also pleasing to the eyes as well..
This is another reason to marry her......Boat dr   

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 4:16pm
What about ......

TRANS.POOR.TATION

This is after he tries to make a Bowtie run with a BLUE OVAL....
It can be done ,you can make a rock fly if you throw enough money at it..........

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 4:32pm
Doc, You are correct that I completely missed the "knot" as in speed! Yes, my mind is in wood boat mode plus we do use MPH are our smaller boats. Now I feel knot so smart!

John, The dumb names on the smaller boats always seem to have that stupid martini glass decal next to them or at least the martini glass pennant!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

John, The dumb names on the smaller boats always seem to have that stupid martini glass decal next to them or at least the martini glass pennant!

No names like that on mine...sounds like a BUI in the making to me...'cause somebody's gonna have a beer in their hand.

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 9:23pm
Eric, have waited all day for a comment after you running your mouth..Same sh*t from you just a different day, you dont know how fast mine nor Reids boats are.
As before same drool on your mouth.........Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 9:36pm
If I've read my threads right, sounds like Eric has a CC in the making.

-------------

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 10:02pm
First of all Reid, you dont look over your shoulder,you have to look forward out front...Madd marxx, i will send your tranny...or should i say your tranny vestite August 1st
Boat doc, luckily i rigged your trans with overdrive so you could be out front,

-------------

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 10:37pm
Eric, being the proud owner of a 18ft. Maxuum aint what I would scream from the roof tops.
The 5.0 is a dog and top end will leave a lot to be desired, but you can race with 62wood, Steve has a top end with that 6 banger of his that will compare with that Chevy.......
We still read your posts , but will just snicker in the corner at choice of watercraft.
If the deal goes down and you once again own a real boat Maybe Just Maybe .....
Grand "POOH" BAH is a fitting handle...............Boat dr

Gearing dont make a boat fast,
Horse Power plus the right prop.....
Build your Chevy and Line it up as we did at Green Lake.
But bring plenty of napkins..........Or Tampax which ever you fell is appropriate

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: February-02-2008 at 10:57pm
Eric, Good comeback from a good sport. And if this badgering doesn't inject you with some good motivation, nothing will. I hope I'm never on the receiving end of Doc's wrath as he's brutal, but Mark hammers me worse than he does anyone, so I've got no sympathy there.
Someone, even if it's not Lavine Marine, does need to build a Bowtie as we need some parity. Quite a few years back, there was a 400 SBC Tique at the Orlando Reunion.

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: Hansel
Date Posted: February-03-2008 at 12:07am
This has nothing to do with CC's, but it is a name that I would want put on a boat where the situation right, such as...

I had a friend who bought a large houseboat that he used on a river to party with his buddies. My suggestion for a name was SinKing. The only drawback I can see is that it is probably bad luck to name a boat something like that.

-------------
"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold

Date Posted: February-03-2008 at 1:28am
Mark: Surely you have forgotten where your trans is for service. Oh well...maybe Keith's boat will be running so you have something for GL.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-03-2008 at 2:38am
I know of two really neat wooden inboards; one a special award winning CC almost all of us here have seen, named Wood-N-Work, and another non-CC called Work-N-Wood, which I know I'd love to see. Guess whose those are?   

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-03-2008 at 10:50am
Names are great for a boat if you have a good name that's relevent. Naming a boat because you think you need a name usually ends up being lame.

-------------

Date Posted: February-03-2008 at 11:34am
we are trying to come up with a name for our fishing boat and i suggested "fish full of dollars"
Reid, Boat doc, against my will how about, "life starts at 50" but then that would mean i would have to name mine "life starts at 55" I hope you guys dont take me seriously, of course if i build one it will be for the sole purpose of.....

-------------

Posted By: 62 wood
Date Posted: February-03-2008 at 7:46pm
This is a pic of my 64 when I purchased it... looked like it had been painted with black house paint..

Being an old ford 6 banger, I had thought about naming it "Get inline".

Heres a pic of the ol 'skier in the water after getting it wet-sanded and buffed...

I may paint the name on it someday, but for the time being, decided sometimes less is more?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: February-03-2008 at 8:17pm
Steve, I think you just proved the point. Don't touch it.

-------------

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: February-03-2008 at 9:34pm
I've never been a fan of names on boats or bumper stickers on cars but my Dad did come up with a good one on his Florida boat.This is a different boat than his redneck Illinois boat from another thread.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: nates78ski
Date Posted: February-03-2008 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I hope I'm on the receiving end of Doc's brutal wrath, but Mark hammers me worse than he does anyone, so I've got no sympathy there.

Nate

-------------
Nathan
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1463&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1978&yrend=1978" rel="nofollow - My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 12:12pm
Nate, that must be why he's bald. Must have liked having his hair pulled until one day Brutus pulled too hard...

-------------

Posted By: Aemmer
Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 12:29pm
My kids call our boat the "TUB" but we would never put that on the stern. We pull our boat to the lake in the "Adventure Wagon" (the Suburban).

-------------
88 2001

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 1:22pm
OK, how about this one for Nateski's boat: M A S T E R N A T E

HW, you what with your long dark "pretend it's a bridle and make me do what you want" hair, I'll deal with you later.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 2:39pm
Reid, grass dont grow on a busy street, im in the club...

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 4:32pm
No problem Eric, and I'm not only a member, I'm the president. I love all the joking and jabbing even when I'm the target. These guys were more than likely picked on and beat up as kids, so this offers them the much needed morale boosting opportunity to dish it out to a handful of deserving big-mouthed old dudes.   

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 4:48pm
you know the old joke reid, the young cow said to his dad "lets run down and nail that beautiful brown hefer in the pasture'" and the veteran big bull said "lets walk down and nail them all........

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

you know the old joke reid, the young cow said to his dad "lets run down and nail that beautiful brown hefer in the pasture'" and the veteran big bull said "lets walk down and nail them all........

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:22pm
Steve , now the picture is a little clearer....
Is this how Eric and yourself pass the time during winter.....I heard that some of yalls women were a little on the plus size, and had big t*ts , BUT...........
Those long winter nites are not condusive to proper mental health, or so it would seem with Tranny Brains comment and your video clip.Are you and Eric sharing the milk machine???????????????????   boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:27pm
62, all the guys are laughing over here at your shakey utter picture, we love it, that brought up the movie which we cant remember the name, we think it was set in the future and Arnold swarzneager starred in it, the woman had 3 utters, and we were thinking thats in a perfect world

-------------

Posted By: nates78ski
Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:29pm
"beat up on as kids..." hahah I'm still a kid...I'm only 22! haha

p.s. I like the M A S T E R N A T E name for theboat, though the only downside is that it's much too close sounding to MasterCr***...& i would never do something like that to my boat...

Nate

-------------
Nathan
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1463&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1978&yrend=1978" rel="nofollow - My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:39pm

that brought up the movie which we cant remember the name, we think it was set in the future and Arnold swarzneager starred in it, the woman had 3 utters, and we were thinking thats in a perfect world

TOTAL RECALL

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:48pm
Billy,

A guys gotta do what a guys gotta do....besides...dont knock it til youve tried it!

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 6:14pm
boat doc, aint you gotta wedding to be at? you gotta buy the cow cause the milk aint free no mo, btw are you getting married on the 8th or the 9th?

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I'm not only a member, I'm the president.

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 8:22pm
Why is it that MM always has the quickest access to the best alternative lifestyle material??   And how did we digress to this from the naming of Nautiques?

EDIT: MM's latest is somewhat similar to Mr. Garrison's mono-wheeled vehicle invention on SouthPark called the IT. So I was told.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 8:52pm
Reid, he's on shakey grounds, we could delay that trans another month or so, or even put the wrong address on the box or maybe I'll just sell it

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 9:27pm
Naw Eric, for my sake please don't do that, as he'll then be wanting to plant his lime-green-spandex-tights-wearing self in my boat in two weeks.   

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 9:38pm
I see your point, the less time spent with him the better

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2008 at 11:34pm
eric...driving any boat other then a CORRECT CRAFT is like riding a bike without a seat, and you can ask Reid how that feels!!

boat dr, already has a name on the back of his boat and its the best name going!!!

-------------

Posted By: phatsat67
Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:45am
My friends like to refer to mine as the beer nautique haha because CC had somany nautiques ie. cuddy fish ect. I think it would be funny to replace the ski with Beer when I get new decals(just for a picture ofcourse then ski would go back on).

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 4:25am
MM; Cool picture of the stern of dr's beautiful boat.

eric you keep talking about nailin' cows and you are just making my case for brunstucky.

john

sorry tried to resist but couldn't.

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: Kristof
Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 10:23am
Just finished reading the posts here... My laughing muscles still hurt while typing this...
BTW, these posts are the reason why I have the signature I have...

Seriously now. When my new decals arrive... they'll say: "Maasmasters Nautique", cause it will be the new towboat for our showteam. Think it's very appropriate!

Kristof

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 10:24am
j-bear, you have to be a night owl, oh i forgot retirees have a hard time sleeping

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 10:36am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

MM; Cool picture of the stern of dr's beautiful boat.

eric you keep talking about nailin' cows and you are just making my case for brunstucky.

john

sorry tried to resist but couldn't.
MM; Cool picture of the stern of dr's beautiful boat

Isn't it? Everything looks perfect, too, nice chrome, lettering and paint.

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 11:37am
Kristoff, how is it over there in Belgium? how's the chocalate? I had a chance once to go over to the Twin Disc factory over there, I gotta hand to you Belgiams, you know how to cut gears unlike anyone else in the world.

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 12:08pm
Eric, did you get a good veiw of the rear or stern of that "Trailer Queen"
This is the angle you will be seeing if you dont build some serios HP to push that sled.
MM thanx for adding that shot to the site, another great pic from the Green Lake Week Saga.......
The Old girl dont look bad to be 44 years young............Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 12:10pm
Boat dr, how'd you get your chrome to look so good? Are the exhaust original?

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 12:17pm
even Queen Elizabeth gets out of the castle at times, she's closely watched too
Riley, when you own a queen you'll understand how the chrome shines as it does

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 12:25pm
im glad im 1000 miles away from the boat doc

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 12:30pm
Riley, the Exhaust rings were a gift from Reidp, the exhaust clamshell is OEM, along with the blower that still works.
The U Bolts were added for pulling the Parachute,lottsa mods in that area of the boat.Single ply of glass has little strength,two more layers and a backing board solved that problem.
Pull on the eyes is about 900lbs. w/ a 150 lb. rider. Have pulled 450 feet, but tend to stay shorter now 150 to 200 feet give plenty of lift and is easier to handle.....

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 12:31pm
Eric, some boats deserve to be trailer queens. My brother's got that Century Resorter that I've posted pics of. He got sick last summer and didn't want to put it in the water. He put it in my garage and my boys spent about 2 weeks detailing it. When it was done, it looked so good that I told him it deserved to be a trailer queen and he should build a garage for it. It should not be putting it on a mooring all summer and not using it. He answer was to have my boys run it around the lake as much as they want.

Boat dr's boat looks deserving of trailer queen status to me. I hope to get a ride in it someday. I never heard of an inboard that'll go 60 mph for real.

Boat dr, you pull a para sail with it. I didn't know yu did that. You got to post pics.

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 12:39pm
Riley, your building a queen too arent you,
Riley...i think your going to regret saying that

60???? next week its gonna be 65, are you sure his speedometer isnt in kilometers per hour

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 12:49pm
Eric, if I can get my Mustang seaworthy and mechanically sound, it will spend most of the summer on a mooring and be a regular driver. It will be nice, but I don't think it will ever be like Boat dr's.

Some day I hope to have a 66 or 67 Barracuda that will be a true trailer queen.

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 12:57pm
I don't know about you guy's but.............

Can't you just feel the Love in this Place???

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:03pm
criticism is a form of flattery, or even jealousy...you'll only hear me say that once, these guys know im bustin there balls, its what men do.....i rather fight with you guys than my wife cause she's in control of something you guy's dont have and all this back and forth makes me want to build a boat that does 61 mph and it does the same for others i would hope.....competition always improves things

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:10pm
All this comes from the guy that is PROUD to own a Maxuum,powered by a base line 5.0.
No whistles or bells, odds are it has a Volvo/Penta outdrive.Just the average tube puller,Have you any pictures to post of that fine piece of work??????
Or are you just into bashing anyone or everyone that has put both pride and a lot of time into their rides.
If my memory serves me right your present boat was a seizure,customer did not want it as bad as you did, or was this a different one.
Either way who got to whom??????Not to knock your Maxuum Eric,Fine Boat,I place it right up there with the Bayliners and Trackers............Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:11pm
Eric, I going to stick my neck out, as much as I like a Ford, I know Chevys are faster.

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:18pm
doc, i meant the criticism i give...

I forgot to mention on the Maxum that it has a kicker mount for a 9.9 so i can troll for fish

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:30pm
Riley, your also going to regret saying that too

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:34pm

Riley, your also going to regret saying that too

You mean Chevys aren't faster?

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:37pm
the politition in me says i dont recall, if i said that it would be like wearing a Pittsburg Steelers Jeresey in the Cleveland Browns Dawgpound...you just dont do it lol
truthfully, i like fords and just have been around the chevy's much longer and most boats nowadays are evolving to the bowtie

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:45pm
Riley, i could be finishing your trans instead of yacking on the computer, just aint in the mood...it was a 10 o-clocker last nite

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:52pm
I own both of them and like them equally as well. I just thought I'd throw a little gas on the fire.

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:54pm

Riley, i could be finishing your trans instead of yacking on the computer, just aint in the mood...it was a 10 o-clocker last nite

That's ok. I'd rather you be in the mood, seeing your the only tranny guy that's not only heard of a Dearbo, but is willing to work on one. How's the time frame looking.

Hopefully, I'll be getting busy soon, and won't have so much time to yack, myself.

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 2:02pm
im a closet ford fan, i owned a couple mustangs over the years, i cant believe im admitting that,

im inspired im going to look at your trans

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 3:09pm

Just the average tube puller

Doc', that one had me tearing up.

Have you any pictures to post of that fine piece of work??????

Speaking of pictures, got anything from GL-07 yet?

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 4:24pm
Eric,

Our chocolate is still the best in the world, the weather is sh*t and april 1st is still far away (opening of the harbor).

In the meantime, I'm just enjoying you guys so lovingly bashing on each other

-------------
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 4:28pm
Kris, have you ever heard of Twinsa or Twin Disc in your country?

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 4:34pm
Kristof, neat thing about this site is I can bash him online and listen as he talks smack as to how fast a boat he has and how I own a trailer Queen.How backwards his mentality is and how even Ducks fly south for the winter.
These are all facts and ha knows it, end of subject, then he turns around and calls me on the phone to congratulate Karen and I on our upcoming wedding.
With friends such as these ,you gotta watch your back...........Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 5:03pm
Eric,
Haven't heard of that compagny yet, but will do some research... Do you remember the name of the town it's located in?

Doc,
At least you invited him (and his boat) at your wedding... that will be a party they'll talk about for decades haha.

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 5:09pm
Eric,
Found ESCO POWER who is exclusive dealer for Twin Disc in Europe
They are located at Dieghem, not far from Zaventem Airport (or to you Americans: Brussels Airport)

http://www.escopower.be/template_page.asp?lng_id=1&pag_id=25 - Esco Power

That near my work place. But then again, compaired to the states everything is nearby in Belgium haha.

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 6:20pm
I believe the city was bruge??
what do you do for a living? are you near the alps at all? some of my good friends are from Estonia do you know where that is located?
I kick myself for turning down that trip to Belgium. I had a family wedding at the time and couldnt take the trip.
Have you ever been here in the states, if not would you like to visit here?

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 6:34pm
I'm in the army. Been on tanks for ten years, deskjob now. But sollicited for a new job: analising satellite images.

Estonia pretty far away... like 2300 km (since all of you are using inches, feet and miles, I'll use cm,m and km )
Do you have Google Earth? Search for Bree, Belgium...

It is possible they have a factory in Bruges.

I haven't been to the states yet, but a friend of mine who is an american living here, is going back to the states. Once he's settled in there, he'll invite me to come over..

But... no bashing allowed on vacation!!!

If ever you still have the intention to come to that factory from Twin Disc here, do let me know. I'll come pick you up and you're invited to stay at our house and make a tour on our river and lake!

-------------

Date Posted: February-05-2008 at 6:38pm
will i get to tube?

-------------

Date Posted: February-06-2008 at 6:02pm
Eric,
If you come over, we'll make sure it's worth your while...
Stay for the weekend, and we'll have some fun...
And... don't forget: not only do we have the best chocolate in the world; the saying goes: "Belgium is for beer, what France is for wine"!!

And needless to say, this goes for everyone of you great guys on this site!

Kristof

-------------

Date Posted: February-06-2008 at 9:47pm
i think i would get along just fine in your country

-------------

Date Posted: February-06-2008 at 11:12pm
Kristof,
I checked out your skicub site... didnt understand a word of it. BUT the pics are pretty universal! Nice...

So, you guys run propane in your boats?

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: February-07-2008 at 5:38am
62 Wood,
You don't speak Dutch?? Hard to imagine...
Pictures say more than a thousand words...
Yes we run propane in our boats, and they run fine. Propane is about one third of the price of gas, that way we do not have to get a loan each summer Lots of cars here also run on propane, like my previous one.
BTW, my wife gave me a strange look when she read your signature...

Eric,
I'm sure I could get along fine in yours too! Unlike 62 Wood, I can understand your language hahaha.

-------------

Date Posted: February-07-2008 at 11:00am
Kristof, really nice looking SN, but too bad you have to have that trailer. I know a guy in Germany that has bought 2 new ski boats and he has a trailer like that also. He said it was because of strict requirements in Germany for trailers. He couldn't import a correct one. Is that the case with yours? He tows his with a BMW also. I've never seen that around here.

-------------

Date Posted: February-07-2008 at 11:00am
Oh, and Eric, you will get to tube! We have a few average tube pullers over here

(Could'nt resist that one...!)

-------------

Print Page | Close Window