Forum Name: CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
Forum Discription: Discussion around the annual CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9787
Printed Date: May-11-2024 at 10:43pm

Topic: Green Lake Campground
Posted By: Keith
Subject: Green Lake Campground
Date Posted: March-06-2008 at 8:10pm
For those of you planning to stay at the http://www.cityofgreenlake.com/citygl/Runscript.asp?Page=27&p=ASP%5CPg27.asp - Hattie Sherwood Campground , we are holding sites through April 15th.

As long as we secure enough sites close to the boat ramp, Friday night's gathering will be at the campground. I have reserved all the strategic sites in that area for our group. When you book your site, let Reggie know you're with the CorrectCraftFan.com Reunion, and request sites 30-38 (those in black on the map below).

Let Dave or I know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Keith

-------------
Former:
/diaries/details.asp?ID=6170" rel="nofollow - 97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Replies:
Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: March-06-2008 at 8:18pm
Keith, just a comment, those sites in black are tent camping only. Trailers or motorhomes would have to be in the red areas. I'd hate to see someone show up and not be able to fit in their site.

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Posted By: Keith
Date Posted: March-06-2008 at 8:21pm
Thanks Alan. I forgot to mention that.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
/diaries/details.asp?ID=6170" rel="nofollow - 97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: critter
Date Posted: March-06-2008 at 8:39pm
Good catch Alan,
I read the 1st post and told my wife to call
and get ours changed from 6 to a 30 something.
So we stay where we are.

Roger

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: March-06-2008 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Trailers or motorhomes would have to be in the red areas.

That would be camping trailers, right Alan? We had no problems fitting the truck + trailer lengthwise in a regular camp site last year. Im all booked up for site #29.

-------------

Date Posted: March-06-2008 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Trailers or motorhomes would have to be in the red areas.

That would be camping trailers, right Alan? We had no problems fitting the truck + trailer lengthwise in a regular camp site last year. Im all booked up for site #29.

Correct Tim, Camping trailers and Motorhome typically go up on the top (red)level of the camground. There's plenty of room for your rig but that probably depends on how many you're bringing!!!

Just a side note to everyone, the campground manager Reggie is new at the campground this year so make sure she knows how big your camper is and gets you in an appropriate site.

-------------

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: March-07-2008 at 6:00pm
I booked sites 36 and 37, somebody else beat me to 38 but thats OK 36 and 37 are a closer walk to the goose blind.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Posted By: p/allen
Date Posted: March-09-2008 at 9:58pm
Im all set up for sights 22&21 With my budy Martin .

-------------
Pat
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/72ccfan/100_5977-1.jpg - My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Posted By: ripster92
Date Posted: March-11-2008 at 11:03pm
Reggie just called me and I'm all set for 33.

-------------
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 11:37am
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Good catch Alan,
So we stay where we are.

Roger

Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Good catch Alan,
So we stay where we are.

Roger

Roger, what are you cruising in up to GL? Or are you renting something up there like we are this year. As it draws closer, we can talk more about where we can meet up along the road to re-form our CC-convoy from last year,....good buddy. I can't recall this minute where you're coming out of, I just remember it being east of us, and we're at Lake Norman. It's gonna be fun, esp if we can get a few more to tag along. Hopefully MaddMarxx and Lisa will rejoin. And maybe Greg and Buffalo from Atl, and on and on.

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Posted By: Behl
Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 11:58am
reidp

When would you be be going to GL & do you go by way of Indy? I am leaving Thurs morn. I do not like Chicago so anytime I go to WI to the West I take I-74, I-39 through Madison . A little longer but better driving. Thats how I go with the coach whenever I go to Madison or the Dells area. Did GL last year that way.

Steve

-------------
Steve in Indy

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1702&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1976&yrend=1980" rel="nofollow - Redone 1977 Ski Tique

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 12:39pm

It's gonna be fun, esp if we can get a few more to tag along. Hopefully MaddMarxx and Lisa will rejoin. And maybe Greg and Buffalo from Atl, and on and on. [/QUOTE]

Reid,

As of now, it looks like I will pick up Tom in Ky on my way North. We have talked ourselves into this escursion through the northern states to have a beer with all of you!

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Roger, what are you cruising in up to GL? Or are you renting something up there like we are this year. (snip) I can't recall this minute where you're coming out of, I just remember it being east of us, and we're at Lake Norman. (snip)   

Going to drive the Motorhome up pulling the 80. We are just off Lake Jordan in New Hill.

I sent you an email earlier about how you guys go up as far as when you leave and how often you stop. You must not have received it. It will be Cathie and I and our 2 mutts.

Really looking forward to the trip.... except for the fuel prices

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Behl Behl wrote:

reidp

I do not like Chicago

Steve

Ouch, as far as driving through the city north it's all about timing and which route, do it at the right time and it's not so bad. I have read that I-80 between 65 and 294 is one of the most traveled roads in the country.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:25pm
Guys,
Quinner is right. It's all about timing..

WHATEVER YOU DO, do not go up through 94 and the Skiway to get to Wisconsin... I saw the pics of Reids crew (I believe) going into the city.. Screw that...

Stay on 80-94 to the toll way 294 and go stright up to the 894 bypass around MIlwaukee. Please trust me, it's the best route up to Quinners and North.. You just can't hit these Chicago roads during rush hours times... Hit it mid day and or at night, and it's wide open...

Keep the faith Mr. Behl (that is a long way out of they way coming up from Indy, Via Madison...

Just let me know when you're all coming up from the South, Because I gotta see this train coming through !!!!!

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

It's gonna be fun, esp if we can get a few more to tag along. Hopefully MaddMarxx and Lisa will rejoin. And maybe Greg and Buffalo from Atl, and on and on.

Reid,

As of now, it looks like I will pick up Tom in Ky on my way North. We have talked ourselves into this escursion through the northern states to have a beer with all of you! [/QUOTE]

Awesome decision Greg !!! You won't be dissapointed .... Look forward to meeting you guys..

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:28pm
quinner
Most of the time when I have the coach in Chicago it is for a shopping trip or an afternoon Cubs game. I use the I-90, Stony Island, Lakeshore and Irving Park. Not bad going in but bad leaving downtown after the games. Have nt been that way since I-65 is closed at I-80/94 to I-90. Time will tell for I already have a couple of Cubs games booked.

-------------
Steve in Indy

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1702&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1976&yrend=1980" rel="nofollow - Redone 1977 Ski Tique

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:30pm
Skier or Barefoot?

-------------

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:34pm
Steve, I'm not sure I understand the logic behind your route. Are you saying you have a hard time with this?:

The route you mentioned is how we initially left GL last year with our group, and you're right it was nice. We came UP thru Chicago, (on the wrong road by the way) since we were headed to Quinner's place. However, when I went back several weeks later with Marshall to pick up our camper and left out late in the evening, we rolled right thru Chicago at 65 mph no problem.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:37pm
If going up I-65 cut off at Exit 230 Roselawn, go West to route 1 in IL. Turn North it becomes 394 after a few mile which brings you out at I-294. Trucks use that way all the time to miss the back-ups on I80/94.

-------------
Steve in Indy

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Skier or Barefoot?

As of now I am leaning toward the barefoot. The way it sounds, Green Lake can be a little rough & the barefoot will handle that better. Hopefully both are on the water by then. We shall see!

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Behl Behl wrote:

If going up I-65 cut off at Exit 230 Roselawn, go West to route 1 in IL. Turn North it becomes 394 after a few mile which brings you out at I-294. Trucks use that way all the time to miss the back-ups on I80/94.

Steve, tell us the real reason you take that route... Isn't there a nudist camp on that drag hahaha.. Anyway, we've taken that many of times going to and from my parents cottage on Shafer Lake in Monticello..

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:53pm

Reid,

As of now, it looks like I will pick up Tom in Ky on my way North. We have talked ourselves into this escursion through the northern states to have a beer with all of you!

Greg, that's fantastic! And what a great beer(s) it will be.

Roger, could you please re-send that email to reidp@bellsouth.net. I don't believe we've decided as a group yet just when we're leaving. Last year I think Weds was our main drive day. Because of the length of the trip, I certainly wanted to have at least Thur-Sun at GL.

EDIT: Roger, would you mind if we put all the women in your coach so we don't have to make so many pee breaks? I'll lend you a set of really good industrial strength ear plugs.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:59pm
Mojo

More than one. Roselawn is the one you hear about because of the Nudes Apopin (sp) wkend

-------------
Steve in Indy

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 2:11pm
Part of Chicago's downtown traffic problem are those rednecks towing trailers w/o brake lights just to get to Wisconsin.

-------------

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 4:57pm
Talked to Marshall about that and he checked and was told that the fastest Correct Craft at any one gathering is not required to have operating tail lights. But since his boat broke down last year at GL and never exhibited its potential, he was obviously in violation. But this year he's so confident he plans to rip the lights right off. And since BoatDr is afraid of a little close competition and not showing up, Marshall will probably be legal w/o lights. The right one's working isn't it?   

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 5:52pm

Skier or Barefoot?

As of now I am leaning toward the barefoot. The way it sounds, Green Lake can be a little rough & the barefoot will handle that better. Hopefully both are on the water by then. We shall see!

Hmmm, thats probably a good choice... but I wanted to see the Skier!

-------------

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 6:41pm

And since BoatDr is afraid of a little close competition and not showing up, Marshall will probably be legal w/o lights. The right one's working isn't it?   

With only one light working does that make it half fast?

Sorry couldn't pass on that one.

Think I'll watch the convoy thread and see if we can hook up for the final hours this year.

-------------

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 8:44pm

And since BoatDr is afraid of a little close competition and not showing up, Marshall will probably be legal w/o lights. The right one's working isn't it?   

Think I'll watch the convoy thread and see if we can hook up for the final hours this year.

If you plan to hook up with us, you will definitely need to make sure YOUR trailer lights are working as I've ridden in your boat. But man that trailer shore looks good!

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 9:15pm

If you plan to hook up with us, you will definitely need to make sure YOUR trailer lights are working as I've ridden in your boat. But man that trailer shore looks good!

LMAO, and that's the last time I let you two ride in the back with my dog...

-------------

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: March-12-2008 at 11:12pm
Reid...im going to stock on a few these for the trip!

-------------

Posted By: rleinen79
Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:03am

Same here. Got a new tow vehicle, so maybe I can keep up with the crowd on land at least. I'd be willing to go a little out of the way to roll in the CC convoy.

Rob

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7744" rel="nofollow - 2006 Ski 206
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1123" rel="nofollow - 97 SNOB

Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:09am
Mojo

Ran the mileage thru my DOT approved mileage router and from Northside of Indy and with without any traffic in Chicago going by way of I-74 and I-39 thru Madison, WI it is 78 miles greater and only 20 minutes longer in time. Factor in stopping for tolls and traffic I would bet it could be faster. All depends on time of day

By way of I-74 there is 17 miles of tolls & by of Chicago 77 miles each way.

Steve

-------------
Steve in Indy

Posted By: kytom2
Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:04am
"As of now I am leaning toward the barefoot. The way it sounds, Green Lake can be a little rough & the barefoot will handle that better. Hopefully both are on the water by then. We shall see!"
When Greg first mentioned this he said it would be shorter distance to tow the boat if we took mine....then he said we would have to cover up the name with with a Nautique sticker!
Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

-------------

Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 10:59am
Good deal Tom. But if you guys decide to bring yours, you'll probably want to bring some additional items besides the sticker. Like maybe full body armor, a bunch of those REALLY large fenders, a paper bag, and some NO-DOZ.

As for the campground, I've got sites #27,26,25 and 24 reserved. Party Row!! That's one for me and Laurie, Boaty and Skipper (just one site), one for Marshall (Mark and Lisa- you should slide into that camper one with him), one for Rodney's 'bago (he'll have his light blue '72 Skier), and one for Ruch (don't know what boat he'll have, but probably the Classic, to which I've added 3 more HP so now it's 1/10mph "faster" than Mark. HW, if you're gonna be at Hattie, grab 23.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:19am
Reid,
Tom & I are down in the slum section. We have #31 in the tent area. Plans are to leave on Wednesday, finish the trip on Thursday. Start back sometime late on Sunday, finish on Monday.

-------------
Greg

Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:30am

Reid,
Tom & I are down in the slum section. We have #31 in the tent area. Plans are to leave on Wednesday, finish the trip on Thursday. Start back sometime late on Sunday, finish on Monday.

Sounds like a great plan, might want to bring some wheel chocks for the Trailer there is a bit of a slope there, but a good view of the comings and goings of the boat launch.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:41am

Reid,

Are you kidding,,,, Greg..
Down there is where Hollywood and Quinner and Johnny do the 2:30 am interprative dance of the "drunken sailor boys".. You'll have a front row seat.. Hell, you'll be able to sell tickets... hahaha..

"Kidding dudes".. hey, our Friday night boat show will be down on the ramp, so it'll be the place to be that night... Then you'll be slumming Sat night hahaha.

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:06pm
Moj', I thought the Friday night boat show went till 3am??? Don't leave any full coolers around.

I called and left a message for spot 23, right next to the cook.

-------------

Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:09pm
Thanks Joe- wheel chocks were not thought of, but are now on the list. The list I really don't want to miss anything on is the repair/replace list for the trip up & back. Hopefully won't need any of those, but just in case!

Thanks Mojo for the heads up. I will have security on standby!

-------------
Greg

Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:06pm

Moj', I thought the Friday night boat show went till 3am??? Don't leave any full coolers around.

I called and left a message for spot 23, right next to the cook.

Hell, I'll be cooking all right... Beer brats and kraut "Ha-Hey-Der".. But that will be down near the water were the skeeters will be munch'n... Oh, don't worry, I don't think there will be any empty coolers!! Well at least in the "Midwest" side of the campground haha..
Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 3:01pm
"Midwest" has a better chance of having emply coolers than one might think. We NC folks really like to drink from other folks coolers. That way we always know that we can get a beer from ours when needed.... when others run out.

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 10:48pm
Reid, when you get up to Ky,how do you go from there?Louisville on 64 to 65 to Indy or 75 to Cincinnati then to Indy?

-------------

Date Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

Reid, when you get up to Ky,how do you go from there?Louisville on 64 to 65 to Indy or 75 to Cincinnati then to Indy?

He dont know he was sleeping with his dogs the whole trip wile Josh did all the driving!
but we did go Cincinnati to Indy and then north!

-------------

Date Posted: March-14-2008 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

He dont know he was sleeping with his dogs the whole trip wile Josh did all the driving!
but we did go Cincinnati to Indy and then north!

Tom, Mark had the printed-out directions and he can't even tell you the route, so you know he was sleeping. I think Lisa drove the whole way for them. As for driving thru Kentucky, ever since I moved from there after divorcing my sister, I've not been allowed to return. So we went up 77 to Charleston to 64 to 35 across Ohio to Dayton to 70 to Indy, etc. Make sense? Where can you hook up with if we follow that same route, or maybe we change to the "I-40 to I-75" route? OK now, I just checked and it's 40miles further and supposedly 23 minutes longer, but we wouldn't have to go thru Dayton which sucked, and would save us alot more than 23 minutes. So as of now, that'll be our new plan/route. Where you going to meet us? I hope this will be OK with Critter as well. Roger, any thoughts?

Last year, our group hit the road after work on Tues about 6 PM. We drove as planned for about 6hrs into WV and took a 5hr cat nap, then hit the trail non-stop til we arrived at Quinner's about 7PM. Got up and arrived in GL sometime around noon. Some folks like to cruise all night when the traffic is nil, some want to enjoy the scenery, but with this distance you're gonna get both unless you take several full days to get there. I anticipate it taking us a good 18 hrs of driving time. So for anyone that's interested in joining in on our caravan, please lets discuss the issues and see how we can best accommodate the most.   I tentatively thought we could leave 6PM from I77/I40 X in NC, drive 6hrs up into KY just south of Lexington, sleep 6hrs, drive 12 more straight having skirted Chitown in the early afternoon putting us is GL about 5-6 PM, and perfect timing for unwinding at the Goose'.       

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: March-14-2008 at 5:11pm
ReidP,

Sounds good to me. It looks like I77 I40 xroads is 2.5 hours from my house. So I should be able to make that by 6pm without issue.
There are leaders and there are followers and for this trip I will be the follower. So far, from what I have seen posted, it all looks good to me.... except for all the females riding with me. I will already have a wife and 2 female dogs. I will already be doing part.

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-14-2008 at 6:33pm

Reid,

Greg and Tom, when I wrote my last schpeel above I had forgotten your post here. The two of you together could hook up and drive 12 hrs on Weds, couldn't you. With us hitting IL Weds early afternoon, would that be a day early for some others to possibly join in? The time up there just goes by way too fast, so I'd really like to be up there Weds PM if possible.

Roger, thanks for your flexibility. But I can't believe you won't take one for the good of team so we can limit the onslaught of pee breaks. Well I guess then that they'll have to ride with me as I just found out yesterday that I'm driving Rodney's Winnebago Rialta w/ the 72 Skier up there as he's flying.    

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: March-14-2008 at 7:18pm

But I can't believe you won't take one for the good of team so we can limit the onslaught of pee breaks. Well I guess then that they'll have to ride with me as I just found out yesterday that I'm driving Rodney's Winnebago Rialta w/ the 72 Skier up there as he's flying.    

If you are in a Winnebago and I am in a Coachman then neither of us have to stop for pee breaks.. Cruise Control is for switching drivers for pee break. Check your manual

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-14-2008 at 9:47pm
Reid..Might make for a long day for Greg on Wednesday...its around 7 hrs to Lexington from Atlanta.
I'll do whatever works best for Greg.I get hoked up with him somewhere even if my wife has to drop me along side the interstate somewhere to meet up....lol
Never did understand why it take me 8 hrs to get to his house but only 5.5 to Mooresville...lol
Im sure as time gets closer we will get it worked out.

-------------

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: March-14-2008 at 10:49pm
Hey skicat....don't worry about having to contact security to protect your camp. Police forces these days have computers that share info so it is a fact that they will know you are in town....be sure your stern light works!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: March-15-2008 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Hey skicat....don't worry about having to contact security to protect your camp. Police forces these days have computers that share info so it is a fact that they will know you are in town....be sure your stern light works!

john

I guess I will never live down trying to be a nice guy. I will have my boat this time & no night time pulling for me!

-------------
Greg

Date Posted: March-15-2008 at 2:32pm
lol....Jbear...but he didnt say no night time driving did he!
Hes had issues just driving at night on a lake.....lol

-------------

Date Posted: March-15-2008 at 5:12pm

no night time pulling for me!

Tom: We already know what a cool guy skicat is...meeting both of you guys at Reid's was a treat. But being nice has nothing to do with being a law-breaking scuflaw. I too noticed that he had nothing to say about night-time ski driving. But I'd be concerened about this "pulling" stuff. Hope you guys got seperate tents.

Hope you and yours are fine after the big storm Greg.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: March-15-2008 at 8:58pm
You took that wrong Jbear ...lol....Im just saying you guys took your lives into your own hands that evening...his night time vision on the water is suspect at best....lol
And for him being a law-breaking scuffaw I couldnt agree with ya more!
I talked to Greg and his wife last night after the storm,they were fine but another round of storms is predicted for today.

-------------

Date Posted: March-16-2008 at 2:19am
We survived the storms ok. Had to make a quick run up to help out with the horses at the barn my daughter has her horse, but they all came through ok. This area is a mess looking at the pics on the tv. The other Greg lives up right in the path of the storms, any word Greg? You guys make it through?

-------------
Greg

Date Posted: March-16-2008 at 2:26am
Glad to hear you guys came thru ok.

Hope we hear from the "other" Greg soon. Not like him not to be on here.

Saw the pictures on tv...kinda unbelievable. Did you guys have any weather warnings?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: March-16-2008 at 2:44am
We did have warnings. We were at home with a basement & left to go right where the storm came through to make sure the horses & the ladies at the barn were ok. Doesn't sound like the smart thing to do does it?

-------------
Greg

Date Posted: March-16-2008 at 2:58am
Well you had to help the ladies and the horses. Otherwise you would not have been able to live with yourselves.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: March-16-2008 at 3:26am
Geez..it must have passed over you or around you.Just glad to hear everyone is ok!

-------------

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: March-17-2008 at 11:50am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Hope we hear from the "other" Greg soon.

Hey guys, I haven't been following this topic with everything else going on. We're fine here and we appreciate yall thinking of us!

Man what a storm! Cat was right earlier in this thread...the center of a cell passed just a couple of miles from here. We had the heaviest rain I've seen north of south florida and marble size hail that accumulated?!!? That's an interesting place to be in the world when the sky turns green...

It turned into a storm party though. I had a few friends who were out working who decided my basement might be a good place to be!

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: March-22-2008 at 5:29pm
Here is a new map of the campground layout. I updated the sites to include who has reserved a spot. I will keep editing this as more people sign up.

-------------

Date Posted: March-22-2008 at 5:40pm
We're in #2,

-------------

Date Posted: March-22-2008 at 6:21pm
38 was taken when I called... don't know who has it though

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: March-22-2008 at 10:01pm
I also have 34, but I dont think I want walk up the hill every time I have to take a Leak, so if someone needs it, they can have it!

-------------

Date Posted: March-22-2008 at 10:05pm
Do you sit down to pee???

-------------

Date Posted: March-23-2008 at 12:16am

Do you sit down to pee???

No but Lisa does, Reid and I just had this converstion and he said why dont I just go in the woods and I said I would just pee on Hollywoods tent, but now that you are going to have a camper, I will have to walk up the hill!

-------------

Posted By: p/allen
Date Posted: March-23-2008 at 3:11am
Holywood Thanks for the map. 21 is open now , I have 22 . Martin cancelled . He is not sure he will have his engine rebuilt by then . He also has been using his vacation time up snowmobilling .

-------------
Pat
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/72ccfan/100_5977-1.jpg - My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Date Posted: March-23-2008 at 4:14am
Great idea HW!
MM, I might just take 34 from you just in case I CAN'T MAKE IT UP THE HILL!

Shaping up like 27 thru 21, WILL BE the place for FUN. Or, 21 thru 27,......Correct Craft Heaven. Par-ty row. Meanwhile, 29 thru 38 conjures up a complete other meaning for pitching a tent. Just kiddin' sword fighters.

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: 67nautique312
Date Posted: March-27-2008 at 5:09pm
Party row at hattie campground......You guys are gonna be so drunk!! Who has the shotski?

-------------
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: March-27-2008 at 9:51pm
Better make it a shotski-combo set.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: March-28-2008 at 1:59am
Reid,I know you like Apple Pie,but I will bring a couple more flavors for you to try.Peach Cobbler,Lemon Aid and Strawberry!All made the same way the Apple Pie is made.

-------------

Date Posted: March-30-2008 at 6:04pm
Excellent Tom!! I've had Apple Pie coming out my ears since last July.

To further the notion that the campground will indeed be party central, I've heard it from good authority that QUINNER may now be taking up official residence there. Oh...my...god. Keep your doors locks and your zippers up (on the tents that is).

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: March-30-2008 at 11:50pm
With "Quinner" running around the campground at night, maybe we should all think about a group buy on "chasity belts"!

-------------

Posted By: M3Fan
Date Posted: March-30-2008 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Party row at hattie campground......You guys are gonna be so drunk!! Who has the shotski?

I currently have it in my possession complete with a fifth of Rumpleminz provided by 81 and Dana. It will be making the trip for sure, regardless of who has it at the time.

-------------
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: March-31-2008 at 1:27am
every night? wasn't one night enough last year?, Can't we ships his but back to the motel once he falls down the third time?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Print Page | Close Window