Print Page | Close Window

Updating 68 CC Trailer

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9805
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 5:48pm

Topic: Updating 68 CC Trailer
Posted By: Spievy
Subject: Updating 68 CC Trailer
Date Posted: March-08-2008 at 2:26pm
I have the classic flat board with carpet as my bow stop currently and would like to update to the upside down U shape with boards on both sides if possible. They went to them in I think the mid 70's on Nautiques and so forth? Any help on where I can find any good parts like this is appreciated.

-------------
1968 Mustang 318 CM

Replies:
Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: March-08-2008 at 8:08pm
Joel, Take a look at this thread, we're going to take a shot at building one and see what the cost would be as atleast 2 guys need one. I'm going to need to make a sketch and then have someone with a stop insert some measurements. http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9773&PN=1 - Bow stops

-------------

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: March-08-2008 at 9:12pm
Here's a pic of my home made bump stop.

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: March-09-2008 at 2:10pm
I cant really tell from the pictures, but in both Tim's and Alan's pics, it looks like the stops are attached to the pipes using standard pipe straps. Is that true? I have the piping, just no boards. A previous owner smacked the boat into the pipes and cracked my fiberglass. I don't want it to get any worse and was thinking of attaching some boards.

-------------

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: March-09-2008 at 2:36pm
Yes, just pipe strapping. Nothing fancy.   My 98 trailer still had the same setup. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: March-09-2008 at 4:35pm
I call pipe strapping the stuff on a roll with a lot of holes and it's flexible. What is on mine is what holds conduit in place.

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: Spievy
Date Posted: March-09-2008 at 4:46pm
Thanks Tim, your set-up is identical to mine so that gives a good pictorial of what to do.

-------------
1968 Mustang 318 CM

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: March-09-2008 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

I call pipe strapping the stuff on a roll with a lot of holes and it's flexible. What is on mine is what holds conduit in place.

Point taken.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: March-09-2008 at 8:27pm

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-09-2008 at 8:44pm
Yeah, those thingys, conduit brackets.

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: March-11-2008 at 1:38am
Here's a couple of pic's of the bow stop off my '68 #2 trailer

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: March-11-2008 at 11:42am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I'm going to need to make a sketch and then have someone with a stop insert some measurements.

Alan, after we put the '88 on the lift, I can bring the bow stop and 2001 SN guide down to make patterns for. If anyone could send a BFN trailer guide, that would be great.

-------------

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: March-11-2008 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I'm going to need to make a sketch and then have someone with a stop insert some measurements.

Alan, after we put the '88 on the lift, I can bring the bow stop and 2001 SN guide down to make patterns for. If anyone could send a BFN trailer guide, that would be great.

Kevin, That would be awesome, I don't think you need to pull the bow stop though, just a sketch or photo with dimensions would be fine. Having a set of the guides would help though as I'm still guessing on the bends for those.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window