NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member to the family

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 6:29pm
70 must be a fun ride. Now you just need a CC that will do it

Which boat is which in the last video? Neither seem to bounce real bad in the calmer water. That was a scary ride in the rough conditions at GL.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 12:10pm
Reid, I wanted to say some smart a#@ comment like "you traitor" but luckilly I do know that you do have that quest for speed. The Speed Skiff will give you that fix while you're working on the CC's go fasts!

We don't get to see many of them in the midwest so I'm not really informed on them. The couple I have gotten rides in were shorter. Is this one a longer version so they could get the 283 in it?

Congrats on getting it and I know you will have tons of fun with it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 11:45am
Reid, looks great. I want one of those. Don't feel too bad about that 283, it's one of the best engines ever made. Your neighbors are going to love you. Good luck with her. Be careful!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 11:41am
Reid,
That skiff looks like a riot and sounds even better!

btw, welcome to the little boys "Bowtie Club" !!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 11:39am
Reid,

Do you have to nail your shoes to the floor to stay in that in thing?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 11:37am
Fun looking ride Reid. Since you said my chevy would be in the shop all the time, you want me to check with my mechanic & see if he has room for yours too?
Greg

86 BFN
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 11:01am
The boys at the BBC have adopted a 29 yr old, 1700lb bouncing baby girl, and while regretfully not a CC, she's keeping with our non-CC competitive tolerances. Myself, Nautique John, and fellow SN owner Matt partnered on this 1978 Jersey Speed Skiff. We just got it back here last Sunday so we've only managed 3 days of riding but boy is it fun so far. This boat was/is an bonafide race boat and therefore doesn't have a trans, an alternator, or even a bilge pump, yet. So you have to paddle it back up to the dock and sometimes away from it. It's got a very healthy cammed-up 283 Chevy (yeah, that part's killing me, but it's vintage correct)and supposedly runs mid 70's. I've had it 70.0 so far which came at around 6000rpm. The video is Matt behind the wheel on a pass up to about 65. The voice is mine but sounds strange for some reason. Then there are two clips of Marshall and I cutting it up in the Mustangs. We've still got a good month of cruising before we have to put them away.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic