NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Election 2012 Is Comming

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 33>
Author
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

I am trying to find a study I heard about today. Out of UCLA. conslusion almost all newsmedia is left of center.

Found a brief overview

UCLA newsletter

And the study itself

study

Speaking of which, How about CNBC handling the republican debate. Started out asking if the candidates would go back to Bushes "failed policies" ended with analysis by Al Sharpton. The media campain to re-elect Obama is in full swing.

Not that you would ever tell both sides of the story but for anyone that is interested in how this article has been debunked or at least a different perspective you can check out the link below.

The other side of the story
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 3:20pm
Phil,Phil,Phil,
I am soooo disappointed in you ...we gotta get you to use the hyperlink feature... even an uneducated moron like me can figure that out...

now if I could just figure out how to read all that without pictures..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 4:25pm
There you go wood...Wouldn't want to make anyone copy and paste.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

There you go wood...Wouldn't want to make anyone copy and paste.

you take life wayyyy to seriously...do you ever laugh?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 4:44pm
Look up Rev Al's backround, He should NOT allowed anywhere near TV.
They call him a racism arsonist. He is poison.

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 5:31pm
He needs to watch Al Sharpton...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 8:57pm

Wow, you really are a moron. I never defended gore, I'm defending the SCIENCE the SCIENTISTS! GET it? The subject matter experts, as I mentioned before I could give a flying F about Al Gore. Seriously man..C'mon.

so you never sid this

"You really are like the guys at FauxNews. Your Gore comment... Please, stop spreading lies like all the other partisans. Gore never said he invented the internet."

or this

"How do you feel when you twist the facts and even lie to yourself? I mean really..And again I have to ask, did you even read the article that explains how it happened? And yep snopes get it right too."

or this

"No, don't try and make light of these conversations after you have attempted to misinform the people here and then claim "I know he mispoke"."

Or this

"Yes, you do lie and mislead everyone here who is reading your posts. I watched the Al Gore video you posted, and HE DID NOT SAY he invented the internet. As a matter of fact the second comment on that video states "Gore didn't say he invented the internet. He said he "took the initiative in creating the internet." In the same way, Dwight Eisenhower didn't "invent" interstate highways, but he did take the initiative in creating them. In the late 80s and early 90s, while in the Senate, Gore sponsored legislation that helped fund bringing internet access first into colleges and universities and later more broadly to the public."

Phil, do you even think before you type? Its like shooting fish in a barrel, and before you say I am a moron, and lying, and missleading everyone here, you are correct I am not giving enough credit....to the fish in the barrel.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 9:30pm

I am trying to find a study I heard about today. Out of UCLA. conslusion almost all newsmedia is left of center.

Found a brief overview

UCLA newsletter

And the study itself

study

Speaking of which, How about CNBC handling the republican debate. Started out asking if the candidates would go back to Bushes "failed policies" ended with analysis by Al Sharpton. The media campain to re-elect Obama is in full swing.

Not that you would ever tell both sides of the story but for anyone that is interested in how this article has been debunked or at least a different perspective you can check out the link below.

The other side of the story

As ususal phil you go right to your biased liberal sources.I am always suspicious when someone uses the word fair. 9 times out of ten they are trying to get somehting they have not earned (money, credibility....). I looked into fair. This is from the "what is fair" page of their own website.

FAIR is a media watch organization offering constructive criticism in an effort to correct media imbalance. We advocate for media access on behalf of those constituencies in our society that do not have the wealth to purchase their own TV stations or daily newspapers. We scrutinize media practices that slight public interest, peace and minority viewpoints.

All of us who founded FAIR have media backgrounds. .... The villain we see is not a person or group, but a historical trend: the increasing concentration of the U.S. media in fewer and fewer corporate hands.

FAIR was launched in mid-1986 at a time when the major media were bending distinctly rightward. Big media businesses were being absorbed by even bigger ones, with dangerous implications for those viewpoints already underrepresented. Well-financed right-wing groups like the misnamed Accuracy In Media (AIM) were harassing journalists who uncovered unpleasant truths about poverty, inequality, government corruption or U.S. military and nuclear policy.

We are dismayed that leaders of public interest movements generally do not speak for themselves in the major media. A graphic example: the nuclear freeze campaign. Arguably the biggest grassroots movement of the decade, the freeze won virtually every time its proposal was on a ballot. Yet when the freeze was discussed on national TV or in national publications, the leaders of the movement -- many of whom were women -- rarely got to speak for themselves. Instead they were spoken for by politicians and former leaders of the military establishment.

FAIR seeks to break this pattern of exclusion by dialoguing with media programmers, reporters and editors. In a democratic society, news and responsible opinion should extend beyond the perspectives of government and corporate elites.

So we have a group founded by journalist (known to lean left but not wanting that known) who base their existance on countering the influence of the "right wing", the military and corporate America. They are funded by donations from those who would bennefit from a belief that the media is biased to the right. Lets follow the money and the power. I'll type slow Phil so you can keep up.

Who would fund this group? we have examples in the article, journalist who rely on being seen as non-biased, anti nuke groups, peace group, minority groups, All seem to be those with liberal agendas, confirmed by the use of the words Right wing in the article representing the problem the are here to solve. We can then likely add liberal political groups to the funders as they recieve the bennifits of media leaning furhter left.

If it is revealed that almost all media leans left, how does this affect this group? If they cannot counter the left bias the very premise that they used to justify their existance is gone, along with their credability. What happens to thier influence? Their funding? so amazingly enough they have studies that support their premis, and Phil, having his mind made up and not wanting to be confused by the facts, decides in his non biased and scientific mind not to consider the credability of the source, or even offer his own insites. Instead he posts a link to someone elses argument to debunk the study, end of issue. Nice.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 9:30pm
I know, I am a moron.
1987 Ski Nautique

wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2011 at 1:24am
Typical lib tactic, distort the truth, then keep repeating it so all the little mush for brains believe it. Here's another one.

Trumpka
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2011 at 2:32am

Try this link

AFL - CIO link
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2011 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Will you guys at the minimum at least admit that buffet pays less taxes than his secretary? not a political answer, just a yes or a no

Eric, Have we seen his secratarys taxes published, or are we taking his word for it? Why is it that the rich are greedy evil cheats until they recommend a tax increase for themselves and then they become totally credible? Warren has to be pretty ruthless to have amassed what he has. He has an angle on this. Somehow it is to his benefit. I just wonder what the benefit is, or who he is in bed with.
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 10:59am
well, I think you are starting to crack under the pressure finally and you are starting to realize the rich got rich for a reason, and its not from keeping their books straight, now lets talk about the republican party, generally..........
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 12:11pm
Eric, I was referencing a lot of the thinking of the left in that post, I dont doubt that it started to sound a little cracked. Let me try again. If the Koch bros or the Walmart family issued a statement that they paid MORE taxes than whoever, your side would automatically disdcredit the argument and be out filing freedom of info act requests to disprove it. I am just asking why when Warren Buffet, who is cut friom the same mold, makes a statement you agree with, he has 100% credability.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 1:47pm
cause he still drives an 88 buick
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 1:50pm
btw, I dispise the Walmart family, and if any time there was a union needed, this would be a great place for a union....they are responsible for killing many a small business. a great example of corporate greed
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 3:01pm
Eric,

did you see the Walmart study?   40% of the population think Walmart is bad for our economy...the other 60% work there.....

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 3:26pm

btw, I dispise the Walmart family, and if any time there was a union needed, this would be a great place for a union....they are responsible for killing many a small business. a great example of corporate greed

But what would you say about them if they came out for higher taxes on the rich?
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 3:30pm

a great example of corporate greed

Or A great example of a successful buisness model. Economists say that by driving costs down they save the average family 2 grand a year, even if they do not shop there.

Speaking of 2 grand, that is also the estimated cost of an I-phone if it was made in the USA by union labor.

1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 5:59pm
Lets raise corporate amercia's taxs again. 35% is not enough.. Where other countries are in the single digits. They will sure hire then..

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 10:00am
better yet, we could get the Mexicant's to work there for $3.50 a day....problem solved...except Waldo would keep the same retail prices and keep price gouging.
Dave, if everything we used in our daily lives was purchased inside these walls, the cost would be competitve, if not cheaper.
I have no idea where they come up with that 2 grand figure, thats bull ***************, its throw away Chinese junk, for example, a Kitchen Aid blender is 189.00 bucks everywhere I look, you tell me where the savings are. and i refuse to purchase it from Waldoprofitstealers
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 11:19am

better yet, we could get the Mexicant's to work there for $3.50 a day....problem solved...except Waldo would keep the same retail prices and keep price gouging.
Dave, if everything we used in our daily lives was purchased inside these walls, the cost would be competitve, if not cheaper.
I have no idea where they come up with that 2 grand figure, thats bull ***************, its throw away Chinese junk, for example, a Kitchen Aid blender is 189.00 bucks everywhere I look, you tell me where the savings are. and i refuse to purchase it from Waldoprofitstealers

History shows Walmart does not price gouge, they drive prices down and pass it on to the consumer. Their busines model is to price the competition out of the market by getting the lowest prices in the industry from their vendors, and having the lowest operating costs. They are very good at it.

As far as buying within our borders economists will tell you that the net effect is a lower standard of living for everyone, wages and demand would go up for U.S. products and workers but not enough to offset the price increases. Again in the end we would have less and struggle more. That is not helpful to me.
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 11:57am
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Lets raise corporate amercia's taxs again. 35% is not enough.. Where other countries are in the single digits. They will sure hire then..

If we were collecting 35% there wouldn't be a problem, problem is we allow the biggest companies to pay between nothing and next to nothing. Some of you act like there is no choice and we cant do anything about it because if we dont tax them the lowest rate in the world they will just leave, but that is nonsense. No country with an actual infrastructure, where you can conduct actual business has anything close to single digit tax rates. 25% is typical in a functioning country.

With all the special interest (huge corporation interest in this case) loop holes only upper middle class owned businesses ever pay close to 35% in the us, large companies use loop holes to pay basically nothing, just like billionaire investors pay less than thier share. It takes something between 20-25% to sustainably run a country that can support a functioning free market.

Huge businesses love that middle size businesses have to pay taxes, while they have the resources to shelter thier income overseas. It insures that middle size businesses will never have the resources to compete regardless of how much better thier products or management processes are. Who is protecting the loopholes that protect these huge businesses at every corner.. Grover the clown and his no tax pledge.. who pays Grover.. and who is getting the money..

We should be talking about the way to ensure that every one that benefits from the common infrastructure pays thier share.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 3:04pm
Well good point but depends on there captitol gains and entities they have which may have them pay the 35%. But as there are several oil companies claiming to be from switzerland where there taxs are 8.Weatherford, Trans Ocean, and Cameron have shagged but across into another country to get cheaper corporate tax rates. Need to lower our corporate tax, give them a reason too come back to America and put money into our goverment. We lost of money in 08, these and many others left when Obama rama came into office.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 3:18pm
I have become to a BELIEVER off the networks now, what they stand for, after watching my football yesterday and the the 10yr renuinion of 9/11. The tributes to the families that died, and we as a country completey reunited on Fox. Fox covered it and played it as it was suppose to be. NBC showed 2 seconds of it. Liberal networks are non patrotic. Makes a huge difference from watching the day games on Fox, and then watching my Cowboys on NBC, they put it on for a couple seconds, and bleeped the rest out.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 3:45pm
Lower our rates to what 7% to beat the swiss, 2% to beat bermuda.. aint gonna bring any money back under the current laws (yes regulation) unless you make the rate 0%. So that isnt exactly a path that gets these companies paying thier fair share of what it takes to keep the miliary, roads, fire, police, etc up and running. Disallow the various trickery that keeps the companies from paying the proper tax rate on profits.. then we can talk about what that rate needs to be to keep companies in america.

Right now we let them take advantage of being in america without a contribution while the small and medium size business dont have that luxury..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 8:14pm

Wow, you really are a moron. I never defended gore, I'm defending the SCIENCE the SCIENTISTS! GET it? The subject matter experts, as I mentioned before I could give a flying F about Al Gore. Seriously man..C'mon.

so you never sid this

"You really are like the guys at FauxNews. Your Gore comment... Please, stop spreading lies like all the other partisans. Gore never said he invented the internet."

or this

"How do you feel when you twist the facts and even lie to yourself? I mean really..And again I have to ask, did you even read the article that explains how it happened? And yep snopes get it right too."

or this

"No, don't try and make light of these conversations after you have attempted to misinform the people here and then claim "I know he mispoke"."

Or this

"Yes, you do lie and mislead everyone here who is reading your posts. I watched the Al Gore video you posted, and HE DID NOT SAY he invented the internet. As a matter of fact the second comment on that video states "Gore didn't say he invented the internet. He said he "took the initiative in creating the internet." In the same way, Dwight Eisenhower didn't "invent" interstate highways, but he did take the initiative in creating them. In the late 80s and early 90s, while in the Senate, Gore sponsored legislation that helped fund bringing internet access first into colleges and universities and later more broadly to the public."

Phil, do you even think before you type? Its like shooting fish in a barrel, and before you say I am a moron, and lying, and missleading everyone here, you are correct I am not giving enough credit....to the fish in the barrel.

Hey Ricky Bobby, I was talking on Climate Science and Global Warming, not that he invented the internet, but I think we've debunked you're attempt to misinform people on that front.

But I thought you would all love this article over at politico.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63221.html
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 8:16pm
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 8:58pm

so you never sid this

or this

or this

Or this

Hey Ricky Bobby, I was talking on Climate Science and Global Warming, not that he invented the internet, but I think we've debunked you're attempt to misinform people on that front.

But I thought you would all love this article over at politico.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63221.html

Phil Did you even read the quotes, several Specifically mentioning the internet and Al Gore, You should try to keep one foot in the neighborhood of reality!
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 9:18pm

Greg, didnt you listen.....I mean really listen
that goes for u to Dave

Eric, First of all it was sickening to see him call a joint session for a campain speech. In the past they have been used for the state of the union and things like war declarations, not to announce a lame rehash of an unsuccesful stimulus. I listened to his speech from start to finish. All he did was propose more of the same spending that has done nothing or hurt the economy so far. He said pass this about fifty time, like he was trying to hypnotise all of us which kind of scared me. He again wants to hit up the job creators for money and give it to the teachers and construction unions. He spoke again of fairness, which always means someone getting something they did not earn. He wants to extend unemployment by another year(three years...really?) When does it just become welfare? This will again raise unemplyment insurance rates on working employees, slowing job growth. He kept saying this is paid for but as I see it we have a deficit of 1.4 trillion this year and he wants to spend another .45 trillion, so unless we cut 1.85 trillion from this years budget it is not paid for. We can not afford this. He also said he is planning to review all regulation, more uncertainty for business, I will guaranty there will be changes and additions well beyond looking for regulations to reduce. His hiring tax credits are short term, business look longer that that when planning so a short term deal will not do much. This is a smaller version of the 1 trillion dollar stimulus that we had to pass immediatly to keep unemployment under 8%. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice well, we just cant afford to let that happen.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 33>
  Share Topic