Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Election 2012 Is Comming

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 33>
Author
wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 6:07pm
If the election were today I would be voting for Herman Cain, real shocker considering the libs label me a white, racist, conservative.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 6:09pm
none anymore, he is retired but at the height it was a lot of acres up here and they also ran a ranch in texas.. hence the big bus. He was actually the head of the republican party for the county as well.. and my sisters father in law.. funny enough another sister's father in law was head of the county democratic party for the same 30 year period.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 8:39pm
OK all you class warfare guys, this is an AP fact check on Obamas claims

fact check

Here is an exerpt

On average, the wealthiest people in America pay a lot more taxes than the middle class or the poor, according to private and government data. They pay at a higher rate, and as a group, they contribute a much larger share of the overall taxes collected by the federal government.
The 10% of households with the highest incomes pay more than half of all federal taxes. They pay more than 70% of federal income taxes, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
In his White House address on Monday, Obama called on Congress to increase taxes by $1.5 trillion as part of a 10-year deficit reduction package totaling more than $3 trillion. He proposed that Congress overhaul the tax code and impose what he called the "Buffett rule," named for the billionaire investor.
The rule says, "People making more than $1 million a year should not pay a smaller share of their income in taxes than middle-class families pay." Buffett wrote in a recent piece for The New York Times that the tax rate he paid last year was lower than that paid by any of the other 20 people in his office.
"Middle-class families shouldn't pay higher taxes than millionaires and billionaires," Obama said. "That's pretty straightforward. It's hard to argue against that."
In 2009, 1,470 households filed tax returns with incomes above $1 million yet paid no federal income tax, according to the Internal Revenue Service. But that's less than 1% of the nearly 237,000 returns with incomes above $1 million.
This year, households making more than $1 million will pay an average 29.1% of their income in federal taxes, including income taxes, payroll taxes and other taxes, according to the Tax Policy Center, a Washington think tank.
Households making between $50,000 and $75,000 will pay an average of 15% of their income in federal taxes.
Lower-income households will pay less. For example, households making between $40,000 and $50,000 will pay an average of 12.5% of their income in federal taxes. Households making between $20,000 and $30,000 will pay 5.7%.
The latest IRS figures are a few years older — and limited to federal income taxes — but show much the same thing. In 2009, taxpayers who made $1 million or more paid on average 24.4% of their income in federal income taxes, according to the IRS.
Those making $100,000 to $125,000 paid on average 9.9% in federal income taxes. Those making $50,000 to $60,000 paid an average of 6.3%.

So unless you can refute this, I think we can say the rich are infact paying their fair share + by any measurement.(we can also say Obama is a big fat stinking lier and a class warfare propagate) Now what do we do?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

none anymore, he is retired but at the height it was a lot of acres up here and they also ran a ranch in texas.. hence the big bus. He was actually the head of the republican party for the county as well.. and my sisters father in law.. funny enough another sister's father in law was head of the county democratic party for the same 30 year period.

Adding to the fun facts, I found out after I bought my house that the basement used to serve as office apace for the local young republicans. I like to think their legacy lives on.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

The current republican plan is to say no to anything while simultaneously saying that government can’t create jobs while blaming the democrats for not creating jobs.   Then they propose to create jobs by lowering tax rates (to decrease the deficit?) and removing regulation. Bush tried that already and it didn’t work.. in fact it lead to extreme property value inflation and eventually a global economic meltdown, I will take a republican politician seriously when they bring something to the table other than more talk about deficit reduction that they have no history of being able to provide..

The one real change that would effect the ability of small businesses to hire workers, and encourage innovators to open new small businesses is to nationalize health care and remove that increasingly out of control expense from employers. But we can’t talk about that because even though the rest of the civilized world has no problem pulling it off the large entrenched interests in our country have half the country convinced they will be waiting in lines to see death panels..
Pay for what you spend to provide the things needed to lubricate the wheels of capitalism – infrastructure- healthcare-education.. , regulate as much as you need to keep a level playing field and then let the best man win.

Joe, the republicans offer many more soultions than you give them credit for,
1) an energy policy that lets us use our own natural resources, lowering the cost of transportation. This would generate revenues for the government, create thousands of jobs in the oil industry, and cut busisness espenses effectively stimulating private business, all for free.Some say the net effect sould be over 1 million jobs.

2)Reducing regulation burdens, I would never advocate elliminating regulation, but it could be much easier to comply with, we have the cleanest air and water now that we have had in over 100 years. The EPA has to keep lowering the thresholds just to maintain an image that their is a problem. It is crazy what I have to comply with to put in a wood floor. I can no longer work in houses built in the era of lead paint, I cannot afford the classes reguired, even though I may not touch a painted surface. Not regulating something is free.

3) Repeal Obama care, it is already proven to be increasing the rate of healthcare inflation faster than when it was in the private sectur and with less coverage. Take on tort reform, and allow competition across state lines would reduce costs, again for free.

All of these things would reward instead of punish our job creaters.

Joe, How exactly will funding education increase employment for anyone other than teachers? we already spend far more on education than most of the world but our test results lag. There has never been evidence that increased spending results in higher scores. I will have to admit that our grade schoolers are well versed in gay, lesbian and transgender issues, along with recycling, and our teachers retire with million dollar plus bennifits, but the kids suck at math, reading and science. I think there are better places for our money right now, like off our deficit.

As for history, Regan created 21 million jobs. Unfortunatly, he is not running.

As for fair markets, is that like when the government subsidizes ethanol over a dollar a gallon and taxes oil? Or when they tax profitable companies so they can lose a half billion on a solar company because Obama sees it as our future? Or throwing a 100 dollar a flight tax on private jets, but not commercial? The government has no business picking winners and losers, they should just create an environment where every business can flourish and hire employees who will pay taxes.
1987 Ski Nautique

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 9:28pm
Democrats are finished. Time to get rid off them.. I think everyone has hit the points of spending, taxes on the rich, the free market which Obama rama knows nothing about which off course runs this country, postal service is going broke, Medicare is going broke, Social Security is going broke, we have let more than we know illegal immigrants in this country since Obama rama.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 9:30pm
Need we say more. Everybody hates this dude, but we know there will be some idiots still vote for him.. Which makes me
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 10:58pm
Interseting commentary on the radio station I listen to today by Kerby Anderson .
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2011 at 10:37am
I hate rocking the boat, putting the Dem/pub thing aside, I guess if i broke it down I would vote for the best man for the job, it baffles me that you guys go to the far right and your roots stay to the far right, the lefties have an open mind and not just go and vote a democratic ticket, i just dont think it works anymore because it seems that it turns it into a dictatorship of one side, I really think what they have in mind is what is best for our party, not for me and you,
the deep instilled roots possibly came from your parents, I dont know, it doesnt necessarily mean its right or wrong. It has been a shtty 4 years, anyone thats been in business knows this, both parties have left a bad taste in my mouth,
I know from being in business for myself for 12 years, im no expert in anyway, just a grease monkey from Ohio, That when people work, people spend money, and when money is spent everyone benefits, if a glider stalls or a plane stalls it drops to the ground, the economy is stalled and you have to get that 445 billion out there to stimulate, believe it or not that money will eventually get to you and then re-circulate back into the economy.
I will tell you this I will not vote for Perry, he's got the bible under his right arm selling snake oil, he is looking out for his party.
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2011 at 10:38am
btw, i do read every post here in depth
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2011 at 11:28am
Eric, in your airplane analogy, the airplane is the economy, and we want it to soar, the private sector is the engine that propels the plane, spending its the fuel, and right now obama is the pilot. Our engine is sputtering,(the fuel is out there but it is not getting through the carb, which is the regulation of the fuel) and we are stalling, we need airspeed, Obama is increasing the throttle, (Increased spending) and pulling back the stick (increased taxes)trying to gain altitude (typical response of a novice pilot) when infact he is just increasing the stall. If he continues we will completely stall, spin and crash. We need to leave the throttle alone and throw the stick forward to avert the crash, then, we need to fix the regulation and get the fuel flowing from the tank before we will ever get back up to altitude agin. (hows that for an analogy)
1987 Ski Nautique

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2011 at 3:24pm

Well played, sir.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2011 at 4:07pm
Larry,

Yes sir..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2011 at 6:42pm

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2011 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

OK all you class warfare guys, this is an AP fact check on Obamas claims

fact check

Here is an exerpt

On average, the wealthiest people in America pay a lot more taxes than the middle class or the poor, according to private and government data. They pay at a higher rate, and as a group, they contribute a much larger share of the overall taxes collected by the federal government.
The 10% of households with the highest incomes pay more than half of all federal taxes. They pay more than 70% of federal income taxes, a...........
So unless you can refute this, I think we can say the rich are infact paying their fair share + by any measurement.(we can also say Obama is a big fat stinking lier and a class warfare propagate) Now what do we do?

I'm not so sure he was talking about ALL millionaires. At any rate, I'm happy Politifact covered this today.

Does a secretary pay higher taxes than a millionaire?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2011 at 9:44pm
My link also said a small percent are paying little or 1% are paying no taxes, but millionaires are a very small percentage of our population, and fixing a tax problem on a small percentage of that small percentage is not going to have any effect on our deficit. History proves that whatever we gain our legislators will spend it one and a half times over. Again......we have a spending problem and our leader wants to distract us from it with class warfare. The truth is in general millionaires are paying more than their fair share, We could talk about capital gains rates, but I (along with the givernment)view capital gains differently than wages. First, the money was earned and taxed once before it is invested. Investment carries a risk, and our economy relies on it. I think we have found the balance between risk and reward at our current rates. If we raise them we will kill the stock markets. Of course that may be Obamas agenda anyway.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2011 at 9:49pm
I was listening to Obamas speech the other day, He drew a line in the sand saying he will veto any debt reduction plan that does not include tax increases. A few here and in the media where complaining during the debt ceiling debate that republicans drew a line in the sand, and that they were obstuctionists and holding this country hostage, Is that not exactly what Obama is doing now? Where is the outrage? I am very tired of the double standards.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 10:37am
he is the pilot, but the controls are jammed. evveryone wants the United States to be the greatest country in the world....why not just be a GREAT country....if free countries were attacked for their freedoms why not Norway, Canada. we have this pact with Israel we protect them tooth and nail, it cost us many lives and 3.6 trillion dollars....I just dont think that was money well spent, why not line up the troops on our southern border, the ones that have died to date, they could be hand and hand, stopping the flow of illegals, why not? why not? I dont think any of us will truly understand what goes on and why
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 11:07am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

evveryone wants the United States to be the greatest country in the world....why not just be a GREAT country....

Because we have been the greatest, why settle for less? I would not mind so much if some other country passed us on thier own merit, but I cannot accept just giving the title away. Eric, you are the best transmission guy on this site, and I am sure you top many other lists also, Why not settle for just being good? You could just drop your standards, and slip into third or fourth place. what would be the result. You would lose your credibility and influence, and standing on this site, to someone with less ability and knowlege. This whole site would be dumbed down. That seems like a shame to me. I think you guys call it the race to the bottom.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 11:34am
What is it you guys have against success?
1987 Ski Nautique

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

If we raise them we will kill the stock markets. Of course that may be Obamas agenda anyway.

Were you in a coma during clintons presidency? How about reagans term? Can you please remind us what the tax rates where then?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 12:18pm
to be the greatest, does that mean you have to be the evilist? history shows.......OMH, i dont know if you noticed, weve slipped in wealth, prosperity, education....but GD we got one helluva army we are about 20th on the list of things that matter, the things that make a great nation....easy to be a dumb bully
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 12:27pm
the nations wealthiest list came out, went from millions to billions, no Nobel peace winners there, scooped up on society's wealth, hit em for 35 percent....some feel so bad for them, coddling seems to be the new word, on the right that is
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 12:33pm
Reagan reduced taxes greaTLY and was pro business. That's what got us out of the mess we were in under Carter. The deficit/debt did go up under him as he signed Congress budgets, but that was the price of winning the Cold War and the fall of the USSR and Berlin Wall.

We're (middle class), all going to pay a lot more in taxes in the future. The money has to come from somewhere and there aren't enough rich to pick up the tab. Starting with the rich is just the first step.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 1:07pm
AHHHHHHHHHH BRUCE finally,
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 1:12pm
i still dont understand why we are better off without the wall. we still got the bombs zeroed in, all 6500 of them
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 2:11pm
Watch this vide!!New video that just came out. This is what is going on and Obama the rama loves it. Love that "free handout"!!   

Welfare Song EBT SONG

Need to get a real man in there to stop this crap!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 10:02am
ski, the local cop stopped by yesterday, we got talking and he was in a new unmarked, he is patroling the neighborhoods daily because house break-ins are way up off the charts, not just here but across the country, quit watching Fox and start paying attention to your surroundings, these are the signs that gauge things..if I put a piece of scrap metal outside of my shop, its gone within 2 hours, catyltic converters are being cut right out from underneath cars, not a couple, many.
the economy also reflects crime, people are survivers and need to feed themselves, whether if its food or drugs. it cost a helluva lot more to house a criminal than to give him a monthly check, you really need to break things down because every action has a re-action. 3 hots and a cot probably costs the state you live in 3500 bucks a month
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 11:03am
Eric, it is tough out there. Personal example: Things are tight at my house this month due to a car and a clothes dryer craping out at the same time. We were playing games with checks racing to the bank against fridays pay check. Problem was Fridays check did not show. We had fifteen dollars in the bank and no food in the fridge or gas in the car. I went on the prowl in the neighborhood to make ends meet. I painted one neighbors foundation saturday for $160, and installed anothers new storm door for $100 on Sunday, that got us through till the check finally showed Wednesday after being sent to the wrong address by our amazing postal workers. In the mean time I am supposed to pay extortion money so would-be criminals can sit home insted of robbing me? Sounds like they already are robbing me. You have some interesting perspectives. If our businesses were not paying them to sit they could afford to hire them. Isnt it amazing that when times are so tough the government guy still has a "new" patrol car. Where is the shared sacrifice?
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 12:13pm
As Dave stated eric, everybody needs to survive in these tough times, but most of them want that "free" crap first. If they dont have to earn it, hey why not. I am tired of that we are paying large chuncks of change to welfare programs, and extend them for what. Let em starve, the real ones prevail bro. Remember that!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 33>
  Share Topic