Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Teak Replacement - Swim Platform

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mahansen81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahansen81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teak Replacement - Swim Platform
    Posted: May-22-2008 at 1:09am
Has anyone had to replace boards on their teak swim platform? I backed the boat into my father's tractor and broke a couple boards on the back of the platform. Are replacement boards available from correct craft or some other distributor or is my best bet to locate some teak and make new boards?

Thanks,

Mark
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 7:53am
Mark, I have a feeling that CC will not have the individual pieces. They may have the whole platform but I'd bet it won't be cheap. Find some teak and make the boards. Look for a hardwood lumber supply and call them. Teak is getting hard to get. One caution here. The new will not match the old in color. If it is important to you, you may end up using wood bleach (from a wood worker supply) to remove the color from both the old and the new. Teak cleaners that contain oxalic acid may work at "bleaching" the color out too. Then use one of the "golden" teak oils on both to put the color back in. Still may not be exact!

You may end up rebuiding the complete platform! Ipe (iron wood) is a great alternate to the Teak. Some of our members have gone that route with very good results.

I prefer the Interlux because I know it is a synthetic and won't support (feed) the growth of the black mold.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tkbsurf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkbsurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 9:53am
Try Flounder Pounder Marine in Cape Canaveral,FL. They have surplus CorrectCraft platforms as well asother items.

fhpmarine
1988 Fish Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 10:34am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic