Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

K&N filter/fire arrestor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rhschnauss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhschnauss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K&N filter/fire arrestor
    Posted: June-10-2008 at 9:19pm
I was looking at a K&N filter/fire arrestor for a '85 2001 with the ford engine and a holley carb. Has anyone done one of these and which part # is best?
K&N part #'s
59-3264 9" around 3 3/4" high
59-3364 9" around 4 1/2" high
59-3370 9" around 6 3/4 high
rhschnauss
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 10:07pm
I think the only one you stand a chance at fitting under your motorbox is the shortest one. The K&N's look nice, but dont expect them to add any performance- flame arrestors in general are not very restrictive. Id save your money.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 11:28pm
Roy, Is the water you boat on real dusty? Just wondering why you are looking at a filter instead of just a plain flame arrestor.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhschnauss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 1:56am
the belts produce some dust that gets on the engine and was covering the flame arrestor.
rhschnauss
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 2:00am
Replace the belts with high quality, adjust them to the proper tension and the belt dust will virtually leave.   boat dr

Save your money to spend on fuel and not a K&N .......................................

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhschnauss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 2:26am
I actually switched to napa premium belts last season and noticed that they dont burn up quick like the pcm belts.
rhschnauss
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 3:43am
NAPA belts are made by Goodyear and are hard to beat.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
straylight View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straylight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 7:01am
Originally posted by rhschnauss rhschnauss wrote:

I actually switched to napa premium belts last season and noticed that they dont burn up quick like the pcm belts.

I've noticed this continous wear and dust of my pcm belts as well and would like to replace them with better ones.
Is there something like a "all-belts-for-a-standard-pcm-ford-351"-kit from napa? or which napa belts would i need?

Tom
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 7:56am
I'd like to add to the Doc's comment on belt tension. Check the sheave alignment as well as the tension. Yes, there should be virtually no dust.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic