NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

looking for distributor clips

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
WOFTAM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOFTAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for distributor clips
    Posted: October-14-2010 at 1:57pm
While inspecting the 1981 SN I bought on July, I noticed that one of the clips that holds the cap on the distributor is gone. The boat ran fine but it looks as if the clip was broken off at the base of the distributor. The PO zip tied it but it bugs me. I would like to buy. A junk distributor remove the clip and toss it. I would then take the clip and remount it to mine which was updated to electronic by the same PO. Any ideas as to where I could find a junk distributor?   Thanks
Just because you can does not mean you should.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 6:44pm
post a pic of the good clip, maybe me or someone will have one lying around.
"the things you own will start to own you"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 7:40pm
Any independent (i.e. one stall garage) boat mechanics around. They usually have a ton of odds and ends parts sitting around. I got a few clips for the linkages on my carb from one after I proceeded to drop mine into the abyss of my bilge.
WOFTAM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOFTAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 11:52pm
Next question is what type of voodoo will ensue if I pull the distributor to take it around? Anything I need to mark beforehand?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2010 at 12:09am
If you have to ask,wouldn't it be easier for you to post a picture,someone here will have one.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
YooperSully View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YooperSully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2010 at 12:37am
If they are the solid aluminum ones, with the bend in the middle, Look up the part # in Mallory's catalog and then go to your local parts store and they should be able to order it for you. That's what I did earlier this spring for mine. I wanna say they were eight bucks for the two.

????
87' 2001
WOFTAM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOFTAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2010 at 10:53pm
This is what I have to replace. It took me awhile to get a pic...

Anyone have a set to sell?

Anyone know where I can get a set?

RV7driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RV7driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 12:13am
I think I have an old distributor, but it is in the UP and I am in Chicago. I don't know when I will be back up there, could be Xmas, but I will grab the distributor when I am there and you are welcome to it. I changed to a new Mallory with electronic ignition and it runs much smoother and starts easier.
Pete DeCraene
87 Ski Nautique
Pete DeCraene
N526PD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic