Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Dies 2003 Air Natique 216

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
sweaver36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweaver36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Dies 2003 Air Natique 216
    Posted: June-27-2016 at 11:41pm
Need help
2003 Air Natique 216
PCM 400hp engine

Purchased boat a few months ago and it would run for about 30 min and it would stall out at high speed. Dealer replaced high and low pressure fuel pump and said it was fixed. I haven't been able to test it because of flooding waters.

I took it out this weekend and now it ran for 30-45 min and started to stall at high speed then it would also not crank. I let it set 10 min and it would start right up.. Ran it slow for about 5-10 min and it would die. I would have to let it set for 10 min before it will crank back up.

Any Ideas?
THANKS
sweaver36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweaver36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 12:10am
I checked anti siphon valve with ball in it and its good
I checked gas tank vent hose and its clear.
THANKS
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 9:46am
I would be calling the dealer about the 2 pumps they replaced that were not bad, ouch.
When was the FCC filter last changed? What motor do you have, most likely either 330hp Excalibur (silver shroud on top) or 370hp 6 liter unless it has a Python?? If Excal inspect the cap & rotor, same for the 6.0L although that may have a coil pack style ignition, not sure?
Where you mention it would not even turn over points more towards check battery, cables/connections, etc.??
sweaver36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweaver36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 11:41am
The dealer replaced them for free.
The FCC is all one unit with filter and pump all of it was replaced by dealer.
Motor is a ZR6 made by PCM.
I think it is a coil pack ignition
It turns over but will not run.
THANKS
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 11:50am
ZR6 is a coil pack so nothing you can really do there, I would get a new set of plugs and try that. I would also trace the fuel line from the tank to the LPP and see if there is an inline fuel filter along the way. The FCC should be serviceable, the HPP and FCC filter is inside it. If they replaced the entire unit you should have a new filter, if they only replaced the pump could be worth changing that filter also. Also be a good idea to make sure your lanyard is OK, it's easy to make a bypass, couple spade connectors and a short bit of wire
sweaver36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweaver36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 12:53pm
They did replace hpp and fcc filter. I did jump out lanyard and still have issues. I think I will replace fuel lines, plugs and wires.
THANKS
sweaver36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweaver36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 7:37pm
Does the anti siphon valve attach to LPP or HPP
THANKS
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 10:09am
Neither, should be right at the elbow on the fuel pickup line at the top of the fuel tank.
From there lines should run to the LPP, from there to the FCC, HPP pumps from the FCC.
Check from the tank to the LPP for an inline filter, some years had them and some did not??
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 12:39pm
A few questions?
Has the steering cable been replaced?
Does the fuel pumps cycle when keyed up?
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge/ reading?
Has the engine been scanned?
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
sweaver36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweaver36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 3:15pm

Has the steering cable been replaced? Not that I am aware of
Does the fuel pumps cycle when keyed up?will check
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge/ reading?no
Has the engine been scanned?not lately
THANKS
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 3:34pm
Jody, curious where you are going with the steering cable question, do tell!!
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 5:11pm
Unlike the previous GT-engines the 2002 plus Excalibur get's it's ignition power run through a 10 gauge wire direct from the battery to the PME box. where that wire comes up from the battery box through the "Air" box Behind the kick panel is the same orifice that the steering cable goes through as it routs to the bilge towards the back. I have seen after replacement of the steering cable that red wire can get skinned and or dammaged even to a intermittent fail. Also check the PME for a loose connection both ground and power.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
sweaver36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweaver36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 5:51pm
What is the PME?
THANKS
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by sweaver36 sweaver36 wrote:

What is the PME?

PME

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
sweaver36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweaver36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2016 at 4:28pm
There are two fuel lines. Which one is connected to valve on top of tank. There is red paint on top of valve on tank?
THANKS
sweaver36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweaver36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2016 at 12:00am
Ok I am clueless!!
I replaced Anit siphon valve
Replaced Both Fuel lines and Connected LPP to Anti Siphon valve on top of tank
Looked for Skinned wire by throttle and is good.
Checked Vent Lines
Went through all electrical and haven't found anything
Took it out today and throttled up and it immediately died and would not restart
Opened gas cap to see if it would restart and no luck
I think I made problem worse
THANKS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic