NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shaft, strut bushing

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 9:35pm
Mark, The cutlass is water lubricated. The shaft should go through the center of the log in the bottom of the boat when it is concentric with the bore in the strut. Something is off. Ether the strut is bent or it has shifted on the hull. You can use the shaft to bend the strut but I wouldn't! You may bend the new shaft. Find out what the problem is. What is the history of this boat? The shaft coupling had fretted so this boat has been run with a major alignment issue. Did you end up with the single or the double taper? How's the transmission?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
84bare12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84bare12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 9:01pm
i put the shaft Thur the strut and up to the hull i noticed the shaft is more to one side, is this normal or is the strut bent, and if so can i use the shaft to straighten the strut??
Mark 84bare12"
84bare12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84bare12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 8:45pm
should i be using lube on the cutlass?? should the shaft be that tight???
Mark 84bare12"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic