NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muscatine Boat Show.... Be There!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 2:56am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Steve,
Looks like a cool show.
Seeing the vintage racers would be very cool.

How much of the show is on land and in the water?
Also, is there a pig roast all weekend or just on Friday?

Steve, There are on-water events scheduled through-out Saturday. The hydros will start running early in the morning. Last year they had two cranes to hoist them in the water.

Around 2 PM an on water parade is scheduled for any show participant wanting to get their boat wet. Race boats will again be back out in the late afternoon. And then at 9PM Musco Lighting is planning to light the river for a "first-ever" night parade of the classic boats.

After all this...fireworks are planned! You really need to bring that Classic of yours
down!

The hog roast is just for those showing boats,and is only Fri night. Food will be available all weekend thru vendors tho.

Plus,you can get hotels for as little as 50 bucks a night! (gotta hurry...rooms are booking fast) Check out some of the boats already registered in the "Boats" tab!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
ripsaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 1:01am
I'm only a little more than 2 hours away. Might have to go down and check it out. Don't think my boat is showing material though. Maybe someday I can get it to that point.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 12:43am
Steve,
Looks like a cool show.
Seeing the vintage racers would be very cool.

How much of the show is on land and in the water?
Also, is there a pig roast all weekend or just on Friday?

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 12:27am
My son & I are planning on coming Saturday. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Chris
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 5:20pm
I can't make it this year Steve, we'll be out of town.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 3:35pm
Just wanting to update everyone about the upcoming Muscatine Ia boat show May 16-18.

This is only the second year for this show. Last year with 128 boats there , it is believed to have been the second largest show in the nation! They are hoping for upwards of 200 boats this year! They have everything from woodies, fiberclassics, inboards , outboards, as well as vintage and modern hydros, drag boats, etc. (the race boats will actually be running exibitions).

Last year we only had two Correct Crafts.. mine and Magicman's 81. A couple of other CCF guys came down for a day to look around.
Lets see if we can get a few more CC's to show this year!

The "normal" cut off date for boats is 1975, However, they have agreed to let early 80's(like Alan's) Correct Crafts in!
Remember... entry is FREE!
Plus, if you come Friday , they have a hog roast...only 7 bucks single or 9 bucks for couples.. what a deal!

So all you guys with the "older" CC's ..plan to bring your boat!... It was a great time.. ask Alan!

Here's a link to the show's site!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic